Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 6.0!

Wifi @Airport right now.

Yeah I didn't make it out of pools :/

Managed to beat PozerWolf and I was 2-0 at that point. Then I lost to HeartNana and the same Ragna I beat in my first bracket.

HeartNana said my Rachel was solid and I outplayed him in certain rounds. But, he was "glad he plays Makoto" and that it allowed him to "get away with a lot of stuff" :X

Maybe next time ;D

I had fun at EVO. Fun meeting people from DL. Nice meeting Polka, NeoZero, Unsanctifier, Soniti, and also most of the PNW crew. PNW casuals room was hype.

Wifi @Airport right now.

Yeah I didn't make it out of pools :/

Managed to beat PozerWolf and I was 2-0 at that point. Then I lost to HeartNana and the same Ragna I beat in my first bracket.

HeartNana said my Rachel was solid and I outplayed him in certain rounds. But, he was "glad he plays Makoto" and that it allowed him to "get away with a lot of stuff" :X

Maybe next time ;D

did any of your matches get recorded? I didn't see them on the stream since it kept switching to Tekken.

Nope -_-

Only 1 stream station was there and it would alternate between Tekken and BlazBlue matches. I guess only "big names" get called up to the stream station.

Hopefully I get to meet the PNW crew and fight against the best Hakumen in the U.S later this month. I should improve my Ragna v Hakumen matchup database. but besides that, I'm real proud of you Gli. You showed EVO what a Rachel with RAGNALOCK can do.

Hopefully I get to meet the PNW crew and fight against the best Hakumen in the U.S later this month. I should improve my Ragna v Hakumen matchup database. but besides that, I'm real proud of you Gli. You showed EVO what a Rachel with RAGNALOCK can do.
Super NCI? I should really really try and go to that.

Also, good stuff Gli! Glad you had a good time.

There's two trips I want to make next year; Comic-Con (It's been so long! :() and EVO. Hopefully it all works out and I get to go.

Gli... did you even see me there? I didn't even realize you went. Don't think I ever saw you. Or, most likely I did and didn't recognize you. ...Oh well.

And if anyone's curious, I got knocked out in pools too (Or as I like to say, I got 3rd.) I lost to Hateraid Red. Twice. This was actually my first tournament with pools, and I have to say, I'm not liking the concept much. The idea of losers is to move good players away from each other, not make them play the same person again before they can move on. I'm mostly just bothered that Coopa won the bracket, even though I would've beaten him had we actually played. (He's a fantastic player and all, but... he's also Tager. I got this.)

glirandly, i didn't get to meet you in Evo :(

X3 It was fun meeting everyone at EVO. I saw a lot of cool stuff from Rachel mainers. Only Wuku made it into top 8, but I felt like everyone did pretty well. If my internet is ever not butt, we should definitely netplay.

EVO was just...I can't even put it to words. I had a great time talking w/ the brothers, gli and skyking. Had fun meting a majority of the rachel mainers and fighting against them.

K2...man that Rachel mirror match in our pools TOOK FOREVER! xD

X3 It was fun meeting everyone at EVO. I saw a lot of cool stuff from Rachel mainers. Only Wuku made it into top 8, but I felt like everyone did pretty well. If my internet is ever not butt, we should definitely netplay.

don't know why wuku will picked rachel against lambda @@" why counter pick yourself? his hazama was helping him all the way to top 8

i don't like his rachel, wararar. and his hazama eliminate the arakune mod kousaka from toronto ;<

anymore rachel made it out from the pool?

Jason D. should of said hi to me >.< there was no internet in Rio for free, i couldn't gather all the rachel players >.< i saw your name on gg bracket, but gg was so poorly run that i dropped out in day 2 :(

NeoZero, strongly agree, both of us were being lame and assholes for doing 99sec every round XD good to play with you and thank you for sharing rachel match ups. sry to disappoint you, i died in my 2nd game after the pool... :( salty, could of won..... o well, even if i really won, spark will be next..... i cant beat that robot who is on autoguard mode :(

don't know why wuku will picked rachel against lambda @@" why counter pick yourself? his hazama was helping him all the way to top 8

i don't like his rachel, wararar. and his hazama eliminate the arakune mod kousaka from toronto ;<

Lambda is pretty much an advantageous matchup for Rachel now. Lambda can't do Oki on her because of winded techs and Oki is now her main source of damage. Lambda also can't really escape Rachel's corner pressure unless you fuck up or run out of wind. During neutral game Lambda has the advantage, but she doesn't get huge damage from zoning anymore unless it's a CH 5D or something like that. Also Rachel has an easier time getting around her zoning than other chars (winded approaches, TD, Sword Iris if rods are out and well-placed).

Hazama is also a bad matchup for Lambda I think but Rachel is probably also the lesser known matchup, so take that into consideration.

l wouldn't say that this a good matchup. neither one of them has the defensive tools to reliably escape the corner, and lambda is a primer breaking machine with decent mixup. lambda gets better damage from ch hits along with full corner carry with gravity well, and even non ch hits like air 4d hits compared to cs1.

they both got stronger and rachel can handle her; the caveat is that rachel is a big target with a BREAK MY PRIMERS sign on her back without wind. this match will probably never be completely in rachel's favor by design.

Rachel doesn't need a CH to go into all of her optimal combos and she's not depending on heat to do combos/damage either (unlike Lambda who needs to RC quite a lot unless she gets a starter like 4B or 3C > 214A, which are point-blank only). This means she can save it up for her supers (which are imo both more useful than Lambda's) or for a CA. The only thing you need to do damage her is wind, and we all know that it's pretty hard in CS2 to ever be short on wind unless you're very, VERY liberal about it.

Also anytime Lambda finishes a combo, she runs risk of being windtech punished if she tries to do oki, and if she doesn't do it, less troubles for you on wakeup.

Primer-breaking is a problem but nothing you can't deal with. 214D can be canceled with a projectile of your own or dodged (and in some situations even punished), j214D isn't abuseable without setups and 236C isn't a move Lambda players use to break primers (maybe if it's the last one). It only really gets a huge problem if you did a defensive burst in the current round, and if you did two a guard break is pretty much unavoidable.

Shoutouts to Jason D. for silly GG casuals!

Shoutouts to Polka for blowing up my Rachel in mirrors! (Finally got to play you!)

Shoutouts to Gli for no casuals :(

Relentless;1089854']Rachel doesn't need a CH to go into all of her optimal combos and she's not depending on heat to do combos/damage either (unlike Lambda who needs to RC quite a lot unless she gets a starter like 4B or 3C > 214A' date=' which are point-blank only). This means she can save it up for her supers (which are imo both more useful than Lambda's) or for a CA. The only thing you need to do damage her is wind, and we all know that it's pretty hard in CS2 to ever be short on wind unless you're very, VERY liberal about it.[/quote']

Uh... this is kind of a bad way to look at things. All of Rachel's damaging mid-screen combos into oki require 2-3 wind + 50 meter mid screen. The rest regain no wind or do no damage. The mid screen BnB without meter allows Lambda to air tech and get away, and the j.2C combo saves wind (but gains none) and limits your options to 2A oki. So this can be a problem when dealing with Lambda.

If Lambda's doing her job to keep you out (and not running into rods/cannons), then it requires at least two wind to hit Lambda (one to get in and one for mix up unless she's like- okay I get hit now). If you think about it this way, your options are limited to you'd better have hit her with close range 5B/5C/3C and have 50 meter unless you want to chase her down again (meterless combo allows her to air tech), 3C knock down into pumpkin (sacrificing all your damage for knock down), and 6C corner carry (corner carry + knock down but little damage and depending on ender you could also have no wind when you get there). Most of these combos regain no wind and do no knock down unless you spend 50 meter (6C you could do like 6C D j.C 5B 5CDC B cannon dash 5CC ender into frog knock down which should regain two bars... but this combo is also distance dependent).

Another thing- Lambda's meter gain is much better than Rachel's, so I don't think you should rely on her not having meter when she hits you. Not paying attention to how you manage your wind and heat meter is a good way to get yourself killed in this match up.

^_^ It was nice meeting you too~

Team A controls!

Lol. Yeah. So few people in BB use A. :< It makes me sad. Do you still play Valk though? We kinda need Valk exp here now since our local Valk player now plays LOL.