Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 6.0!

Don't really like GG's music that much. BB's ones are much more memorable imo.

GG Music is actually fight music.

BB Music is animu music.

Good game sir.

Learning GG style button configuration (Type-A). Slowly getting used to this :D

I'm not autopiloting stuff now so I think in a small way I could be improving my game. That's being really optimistic though.

GG music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BB music

The day I heard Makoto's vocal theme is the day I really realized how much I dislike BB's music.

Make sure you NEVER listen to any of the LA/NY version of the GG tracks.

heard testament's ny theme and it was alright. personally l don't like lyrics for lyric-less songs in general. otherwise l like most of bb and gg's songs. not a huge fan of: jam's theme, sol vs ky's theme, arakune's theme, tager's theme. but even those aren't bad... except jam's theme. ugh

but the soundtracks from both games are really good imo.

Learning GG style button configuration (Type-A). Slowly getting used to this :D

I'm not autopiloting stuff now so I think in a small way I could be improving my game. That's being really optimistic though.

YEAH A STYLE!!

I can't play it B Style. Though the GG players here do it, I don't get it@_@

YEAH A STYLE!!

I can't play it B Style. Though the GG players here do it, I don't get it@_@

They're different games, you don't need to use the same button setup for both... I know I don't.

I use B-type but I saw Polka play at EVO so I was curious how Type-A would work out playing Rachel. It's not too bad. I might switch just to say I play Type-A :V

Regarding GG music: I like Millia's and Dizzy's theme the most, but I don't really know any other themes so w/e.

But I guess it's alright.

Once I was playing GG with a friend and someone else besides us played Smash, and he asked us to turn down the volume because the game was too loud. And my friend was like "He wants us to turn off Guilty Gear music.....". That option isn't even available in the settings, is it? :v:

Regarding Button Layouts: I play B-style, when I started BB it made more sense to me than A-Style because I came from SF and having the weak to strong attack in a row just seemed right to me.

I'm however currently trying to learn a bit Garou MOTW (for those not knowing, the game uses LP, LK, HP and HK as attacks, referred to as A,B,C and D) and I'm trying to use more of a GG style layout for that game (so basically BB A-Style) because having HK on the SF LK button makes no sense to me, and the SNK style square layout of the original is not something I want to get used to either :X

By the way, is there a reason why Rachel players don't use 3C9D anymore, but instead blabla 5D 3C, then 8D if it hits?

It randomly came to mind today and it seems like a waste of wind tbh, and unless there's a good reason not to I'll try and incorporate it into my gameplan again.

i think 3c9d have char specific timing.

only B layout. We have only 3 players with A layout, one came from gg, one is tager, one is retard. Nuff said.

Huh, I just wonder why. 3C9D was completely viable in CT but the hitbox has since supposedly gotten better so it doesn't really make sense. I think I'll do some research on which chars and under which circumstances 3C9D can still be used.

From what I can remember (correct me if I'm wrong), on top of working against non 3C9D characters, 3C8D also doesn't run the risk of winding too early and spinning under the opponent. In CT, 3C9D tended to combo into a normal air combo (which can be done after a crossup as well) or 6C j.C 2D jc j.C BBL and the likes, which all required you to have forward momentum in the first place.

In CS, there's no real reason not to use 8D, seeing as it's more consistent and you can dash up and do 5B after 3C8D anyway. The only upside to 9D is the carry potential, which can admitably actually come in pretty handy.

edit: wow I used 'anyway' 3 times in 3 sentences. :v: no one will ever see how horrible it looked before!