Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 6.0!

*stares at Tari's avatar*

*staaaaaaaaaaaaaares....*

*ctrl+C*

Photoshop.exe

*ctrl+V*

Tari, you's a mod, don't just barely use your modsize, RELISH IN YOUR MODSIZE!!!!

When I put the avatar together, it was actually smaller than standard size. This is already bigger than it was before. xD

i think 3c9d have char specific timing.

only B layout. We have only 3 players with A layout, one came from gg, one is tager, one is retard. Nuff said.

WHO IS THE RETARD? D:

From what I can remember (correct me if I'm wrong), on top of working against non 3C9D characters, 3C8D also doesn't run the risk of winding too early and spinning under the opponent. In CT, 3C9D tended to combo into a normal air combo (which can be done after a crossup as well) or 6C j.C 2D jc j.C BBL and the likes, which all required you to have forward momentum in the first place.

In CS, there's no real reason not to use 8D, seeing as it's more consistent and you can dash up and do 5B after 3C8D anyway. The only upside to 9D is the carry potential, which can admitably actually come in pretty handy.

Main upside of 3C9D is that is uses one less wind than the 8D route (eg 2A 5B 6BD 3C8D continue; compared to 2A 5B 6B 3C9D).

The problem is that the only normals were it makes sense to use 3C9D are 5B and 6B. You can of course do it from 5C, but anytime you're using 5C, you're using forward wind so it destroys the purpose. You could also do it from 2B but that's already a low so you don't actually have a mixup here if the previous hits where blocked.

Now the problem with 5B and 6B is that they are both jump cancelable, which means that you have to truly have to enter 3C first and 9D second, or else you'll jumpcancel your normal and completely mess up everything. If you are farther away, this can be a problem because the first hit of 3C will most likely miss and the combo will end.

Basically what 3C9D vs 3C8D boils down to is a player's ability to recognize when either one works. The only unquestionable upside 3C8D has in comparison to 3C9D is that it works on non-3C9D characters (like Noel). All the other benefits 3C8D provides can be negated by simply being careful about when you input 9D.

I was only thinking about combos when I made my earlier post, so I didn't think of the wind difference between 8D/9D during mixup. That said, I don't believe most people use 3C8D for mixup. If you're going to be using 3C in mixup, it's almost always with 5/6/9D, not 8. 8D should only ever come into play after hitconfirm, as far as I'm concerned. I'll admit that I misinput 8D when I want 9D more than I'd like, though. :(

It's obvious that you use some kind of forward wind if you use 3C as mixup (most commonly 5D) and also for combos.

However the point is, if 3C hits you have to burn another wind (8D) to continue the combo, whereas 9D would work as both the forward momentum for the mixup/combo into 3C and the upwards momentum for continuing the combo if 3C hits.

Considering that you also need another wind for a decent air combo (j.2C(Lv2)), that would be such a huge plus if you were able to integrate it in your game consistently (only of course if 3C9D does work consistently, ie you're not crossing under everytime, some hits whiff or stuff like that).

Yeah, 3C9D will work in almost every situation that 3C blah 8D would work, except on characters who fall out of 3C. It'd definitely be beneficial to use less wind when it's not needed. Just requires a bit more effort in remembering who you can and can't use 9D against.

by the way, if 3c will hit without a wind, you can just do 3c8d and continue the combo. in order for that to happen you have to be close to the foe and 3c has to hit the foe without a need for 5d.

like example say you get in a close 2a on the foe. you can hit confirm the 2a into another 2a and then 3c8d. your hitconfirm has to be good, most of rachel's normals will push her out of range after 2a. 5b/2b can be used ONCE from point blank range but then you pretty much have to 3c immediately.

was supposed to post this ages ago:

fun fact, ground sword iris combos from crouching foes and/or a 5c hit. yes, 5b 5c 214c -> combo works if that wasn't known.

...and there's advertisements here :psyduck: and the stuff in my profile is unseeable! :O

2a is very common btw as well as 5a, in fact 5a in particular is starting to catch my attention as her best pressure normal. for me

Whenever you feel like eating damage :V

Then how do I not eat damage? I block but it feels like her pressure never ends. ok back to watching JP people mash shit out...

You can barrier to make her waste wind. She has to use wind to get in close. Once she's out of wind her pressure will eventually end.

You can also just block/instant block and build meter for a CA to get out, but that uses 50 heat, so

Instant block > Inferno Divider? :'D

You can also just block/instant block and build meter for a CA to get out, but that uses 50 heat, so

Instant block > Inferno Divider? :'D

I wished Tager had that kinda shit.