Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Stormlocke

Robo vs Faust

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 5-5 even match.

Openers:

Punishes:

Okizeme: Opponent's tension is below 50% = 2p/5k/Lv3 Air Missile

Opponent's tension is @ or above 50% = 2p/Lv3 Air Missile

Counters: 2hs Knee Rocket Faust's Scalpel Pull to score a good followup.

Anti-airing: 2hs Knee Rockets.

Zoning: Level 3 Air Missiles.

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details: Can crouch under one of your best pokes, 5p! You'll have to rely on 5hs FRC or 2p more.

on wake up faust can duck under your 5p..also if you bazooka and if you are slightly off with your timing faust can do that ex chop right over it...hit flaming bag of shyt he throws in the air u can just use 2hs to get rid of it.....i wouldnt recommend jumping in on faust cause his 5k is too good as an anti air.....ground to ground if he tries to run in use 5S cause it has the best range against him and if its counter hit he falls. if you can tell he is going for command grab uppercut his ass. robo dashing is good in this matchup up to a point. if he is just jumping throwing bags of shyt and items robo dash his ass unless he has a poison on the ground....but dont robo dash too often cause if you try and he throws that spear to pull you in like scorpion u are fucked. if he uses his super that throws all the shyt on the screen if you go into your Det mode and try to work something.....missles are golden in this match up cause more than likely its gonna be a keep away match up lol.

Don't throw out the Robo Dash too often, because a good Faust will use his 5D to knock you out of it, and his impossible dust is really easy to pull off on you.

if you are trying to keep pressure by bazooka when he is already standing up he can walk under it....im not sure yet on if he can get you in a combo or not but i do know that he can get you with 2p...

Just throw air missiles cause his hitbox is just lol-big kinda like Dizzy's. Just IB stuff till you get 50% and don't fall for his 2HS>scalpel shenanigans

(my faust exp is kinda limited but i found a few things that work alright) openers: 2hs hits if they jump and throw a bomb-bag, if they air-dash back to avoid it it whiffs but you have time to recover... 6p works pretty good too, jumping options arent horrid due to his height punishes: 2hs punishes the FB chop like crazy if you have a feeling about it, a early robo dash hits the throwing shit in the air super about half way thru if not further... can be used with 5h frc follow to avoid most if not all the objects counters: door-spams (backward or the aerial drop one) a jump backward (holding block) gives you time to air missile/j.s/2k 2s (sometimes) so do a jump backwards on reaction (the front door seems to be less used, i think it would dodge the front too but unsure atm) strategy: i actually try to keep pressure on, being up close can work well if you dont try to rely on 5p (5k combos work well) i found staying high heat actually is a big help, the extra stun from the heat can control a LOT of the match and his defense isnt exactly frightening... which is good :) just dont be predictable, missiles are a great way to get the last little bit of health... horse works decently well... having the 2hs frc down is a big step forward just knowing what his tricks look like and visually seeing meteors coming help a ton in all honesty, so if you dont know the matchup, training mode him and learn his basic moves... so you arent confused and if he lands a flower flower - going my way combo, you can sometimes tech out... its easy to slashback if this happens... give it a try imo ^_^