Sign in to follow this  
viren

[/] Slash Johnny Matchup Thread

Actually, 2H helps a lot aggainst Chipp its fast and you can cancel it into 5D. and yeah jackhound works good aggainst him cuz its kind of fast and you can surprise him. just be careful of his 2D...that you can also beat with 2H. Good luck

Chipp 6P is a nightmare, so are 2D and H. Oh and 2S (f.S sorta). To say nothing of the jump-ins out of frame advantage situations, blargh. A Chipp who fights you on the ground is a huge pain. Preemptive 2S is okay if you think he wants to run up close. If he goes for 2D from far out though, you will probably fall over. Preemptive H would be better if Chipp's 6P wasn't retarded. You COULD try the gambler's method of jumping around throwing Divine Blades, depending on who you're playing. Also backdash f.S if you think he wants to dash 6P/2D to beat your pokes from far out. Could potentially end the round if you land it! Really, beating Chipp is about being patient and making some good guesses then RAPING HIM once you land a hit. Sticking out moves early forces him to poke at you early, which in turn generally means he gets less for his pokes. Anything that forces Chipp to think is good, because a Chipp that loses his rhythm quickly turns into a dead Chipp.

Really, beating Chipp is about being patient and making some good guesses then RAPING HIM once you land a hit.

That's pretty much the whole match summed up. Chipp is going to run all over you. He is going to outpoke you. He is going to beat you air to ground, ground to air, ground to ground, and he moves too fast to feasibly air to air him really. If he hits you, shrug it off and stay focused. You need to randomly hit him and make it count. Chipp controls the flow of the match.

I find it best not to attempt to outpoke him. I sit back a bit and defend and do a little tension walking, then when he decides to rush me down I IB and wait for a hole to throw him, DAA, 2H, or OD, or anything. Attempting to outpoke Chipp almost always results in you losing...so unless you're sure you're going to hit him.

Other than that once you manage to knock him down(if you knock him down), rush his shit down...and be very prepared for him to jump out of your pressure. Keep 236P handy for that. The match is a true test of patience and if you're an inexperienced Johnny it can be a true test of your ability.

Got Locked Down v Jam would IB -> 6p her iad D a good idea?

You probably have time to super her if she's just doing that... 6P might work, if she's doing it off ghetto strings like f.S IAD iadD or something ghetto like that? I dunno, I generally look for airthrow, upwards MF, or super against random IADs.

I'm afraid to use 6p vs Jam when she's in your face and airdashing because 6p might either be too slow or she usually just goes over your head and hits you with j.hs crossup so 6p completely misses. If you're predicting the air dash, you can usually jump back with jp or air throw.

If I'm getting pressured by Jam (or anyone else) in the corner and I see a jump, I walk a pixel or two forward and now they're in the corner. If I hear an IAD, then during their IAD startup I talk a pixel or two forward then duck, and now they're in the corner.

@Crimson Disaster : if i IB her last ground string before she iad, OD will connect, if i fail to IBing and insist to do OD... i'll got terrible pain on my Butt +_+(Jam mid air D Hit Box really weird, i think i cut her legs, but it whiffed >.<) btw this is no random IAD, but corner pressure, and about MF i need that on Lv2 +_+ @Honnou : sry forgot to add, got cornered ^_^", i've tried IBing -> 6p is a bad idea but if i preddict it right, 5p will give me counter hit lol... ok then i got a problem if she mix up it with burst rush -_-" well that's unrelevant case now lol @4r5 : i should learn this techique^_^" changin the tide with this pixel matter'll really annoying that Jam

Honestly I never had a huge problem with Jam IAD pressure post-XX =/ Hell, 2H stuffs a lot of her IAD antics now that I think about it. I'm a lot more afraid of ground frametraps and j2K shenanigans.

whats some good combos that work against a highly defensive zappa player that constantly crosses me up with ghost and whores Raoh

lol, best post ever. ^^^^^^^^^^

the funny thing is that im serious

oh btw according to this guy theres is nothing wrong with have a super that last 15 friggin seconds in a game which average play time is about 30 to 45 seconds a match... especially a super that can land so much damage so easily:vbang:

There's a 15 second super in GG? I'm confused. Do you mean Raoh? If so I don't even think Raoh lasts 15 seconds. Raoh is amazingly good but it's not as if Zappa is impervious once he gets him out. Not to mention he has to work fairly hard to get him out. I mean a lot of the time Zappa never even gets Raoh out. Your friend is right. There is nothing you could possibly say about Zappa being overpowered because he's simply not. Sure, Zappa vs. Johnny will test you more than a lot of matches and you're generally going to have some poking problems on the ground...but the match winds up pretty even.(Most tier lists give the match slightly to Zappa it seems?) Also, if you're losing a matchup...it's a little silly to ask for "good combos" to counter your friend crossing you up.... General advice: 2D works very well against Zappa generally...zone Zappa with coins but watch for him running under them. I generally take this fight to the air because you definitely have better positioning in the air than on the ground against Zappa. Just between the air and coins work your way in on him. Never use f.S as a poke against Zappa, ever. Most of all, be patient. If your opponent is smart with Zappa he is going to be playing a lot of runaway with Ghosts, and a lot of guarded rushes with the dog because Johnny can't really safely kill the dog that well. Again, take it to the air when you can. Most newer Zappas abuse his 236P. Just block/perfect block and punish with 5K->Stuff. Eventually he will learn to stop being so reckless with it because Johnny can land pretty heavy damage off of a 5K tensionless and even coinless. Then again that's just how I play the match so take it as a grain of salt.

There's a 15 second super in GG? I'm confused. Do you mean Raoh? If so I don't even think Raoh lasts 15 seconds.

Raoh is amazingly good but it's not as if Zappa is impervious once he gets him out. Not to mention he has to work fairly hard to get him out. I mean a lot of the time Zappa never even gets Raoh out.

Your friend is right. There is nothing you could possibly say about Zappa being overpowered because he's simply not. Sure, Zappa vs. Johnny will test you more than a lot of matches and you're generally going to have some poking problems on the ground...but the match winds up pretty even.(Most tier lists give the match slightly to Zappa it seems?)

Also, if you're losing a matchup...it's a little silly to ask for "good combos" to counter your friend crossing you up....

General advice: 2D works very well against Zappa generally...zone Zappa with coins but watch for him running under them. I generally take this fight to the air because you definitely have better positioning in the air than on the ground against Zappa. Just between the air and coins work your way in on him. Never use f.S as a poke against Zappa, ever.

Most of all, be patient. If your opponent is smart with Zappa he is going to be playing a lot of runaway with Ghosts, and a lot of guarded rushes with the dog because Johnny can't really safely kill the dog that well. Again, take it to the air when you can.

Most newer Zappas abuse his 236P. Just block/perfect block and punish with 5K->Stuff. Eventually he will learn to stop being so reckless with it because Johnny can land pretty heavy damage off of a 5K tensionless and even coinless.

Then again that's just how I play the match so take it as a grain of salt.

thx for the advice

Sorry for the whole necroposting bit. As soon as my exams are done, I'll find Accent Core, and I'll be bothering you guys in those topics. ^_^ What do I do about my friend's Baiken. He gameplay involves him just turtling the entire match and using the (Sakura?) counter, with the occasional IAD Tatami Mat. There was a post somewhere that mentioned something like, HS-MC-Block-Punish. But I don't know if it's just my execution, but I can even get punished for stuff like that. I thought of trying low attacks, but that was quickly shot down. (He could counter those too). It's just a bother, and the whole 'zomg he's going to counter my string' leaves me just spamming HS's, trying to bait his Sakura Counter, and hoping I MC in time (which I don't >_>) So right now, the only idea I have (in my head anyways, haven't tried it out), is to try to just 6K FRC grab. The thing is... I never really got the timing down for that >_>. Any other suggestions on a turtling Baiken? Is it possible to punish a well placed Tatami Mat? 6P doesn't seem to cut it for that.

go read matchup thread for ac jo vs baiken..strats remains largely the same except without the annoyance known as "superman"(ouren). u want to be patient in this one.. dont use 5hs needlessly. Its not an ideal poke due to its slow startup and big recovery espeically if u cant mistcancel fast enough. Instead, stick to moves like 5k tick throw or simple 2k, 5s string. If u cant mc..try jump cancelable moves. As the baiken is spamming sakura u might be able to jump up..and drop down on her with a j.hs to catch her in her counter recovery...so it'll be something like..5k,2s(hold up), if she doesnt do anything. dash back and start the pattern again or go for jump attacks into cross-ups(altho be mindful of her air counter) then hit her with ur biggest hitting combo as u dont get that many chances to hit her throughout the match.

Saving this from pruning, though most of the information is outdated, there were some quality posts in this thread that still apply to AC somewhat...until we can determine what needs to be saved it shouldn't be pruned!

I'm pretty sure sticking a thread safes it from the prune. And without bumping it to the top :arg: So how bout that Ky? Pretty crazy, eh?

Sign in to follow this