Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

Robo vs. Slayer

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 5-5 even match.

The Good Doctor's Word: Slight disagreement here, probably 4.5-5.5 or so. Slayer's Purple Bat Cloud O' Doom (2hs) will make short work of your 2k, and BDC moves/1f jumps can give you and your projectiles some trouble. Not all that bad though.

Koogy's Word: Slayer has batty cloud. Robo has no batties. ROBO DIES.

Openers: Not a ton of great options other than blocking, as Dandy step will easily avoid your opening moves and lead to you taking damage and knockdown most likely. f(s) or 6p are both usually the best move openers, as you can sometimes spam the 6p if they dandy step. However both of those moves lose to Slayer's 2d. That is why I suggest blocking, because you can IB the 2d on reaction for 2k>2s>2d.

Spammed 5k can beat Mappas and Slayer's 2d, like Dontuel said. As a result, this can be a solid opener as you have enough time to react to anything other then Slayer's aforementioned moves.

Okizeme: Opponent's tension is below 50% = 5p/2k

Opponent's tension is @ or above 50% = 5p/2k

Punishes: Even though Slayer's 6k is a decently fast overhead, it is still +3 on block (REALLY DUMB) meaning even with an IB you can't punish it, so don't try. The best thing you can do is see it and respond with 5hs or level 3 SRK.

You can punish dandy step -> k on block with 5hs (while theyre still in the air) it will be counter hit, FRC it and follow with combo of choice.

Counters: 5HS beats Slayer's 6k, Horsie beats 2hs Slayer's batty cloud. Horsie will CH a backwards dandy step. Knee Rocket will beat Slayer's j.HS if you do it early enough, but the risk vs. reward makes it not necessarily a good idea.

Anti-airing: Generally a bad idea, as a CH j.HS from Slayer means >50% of your life gone. You can try early knee rockets, but if he's too close you can go for the airthrow or IB>airthrow.

Zoning: Try not to throw out long recovery moves, cause Dandy Step will actually avoid it and punish you. Air missiles are very good in this matchup, as slayer cannot ground dash under them. Use these more than anything. Try to refrain from 2k, as mentioned 2hs will destroy it.

Their game plan: Slayer has lots of mixup options with Dandy step, as well as 6k, 2k, 2hs, bite, feints, etc. He will pressure you all day long, and you have to be really careful with his dandy on getup. DO NOT try to throw hs dandy followup, as it is throw invulnerable and you will die if you try it. Get used to 1 frame jumping out of his crap.

Strategy:

Char specific details: Slayer's average for comboing, nothing special here. He takes less damage than average.

Member Submitted Info: Thanks to Wekk.

Openers: Not a ton of great options other than blocking, as Dandy step will easily avoid your opening moves and lead to you taking damage and knockdown most likely. f(s) or 6p are both usually the best move openers, as you can sometimes spam the 6p if they dandy step. However both of those moves lose to Slayer's 2d. That is why I suggest blocking, because you can IB the 2d on reaction for 2k>2s>2d. Jumping and doing j.p isn't bad either, but will lose to Slayer's j.k cause his legs are stupidly long.

Punishes:Even though Slayer's 6k is a decently fast overhead, it is still +3 on block (REALLY DUMB) meaning even with an IB you can't punish it, so don't try. The best thing you can do is see it and respond with 5HS or level 3 Shoryu.

Counters: 5HS beats Slayer's 6k, Horsie beats 2hs Slayer's batty cloud. Knee Rocket will beat Slayer's j.HS if you do it early enough, but the risk vs. reward makes it not necessarily a good idea.

Anti-airing: Generally a bad idea, as a CH j.HS from Slayer means >50% of your life gone. You can try early knee rockets, but if he's too close you can go for the airthrow or IB>airthrow.

Zoning:Try not to throw out long recovery moves, cause Dandy Step will tactgully avoid it and punish you. air missiles are very good in this matchup, as slayer cannot ground dash under them. Use these more than anything. Try to refrain from 2k, as mentioned 2hs will destroy it.

Their game plan: Slayer has lots of mixup options with Dandy step, as well as 6k, 2k, 2HS, bite, feints, etc. He will pressure you all day long, and you have to be really careful with his dandy on getup. DO NOT try to throw S dandy, as it is throw invulnerable and you will die if you try it. Get used to 1 frame jumping out of his crap.

Strategy: IB and peel your eyes for moves punishable in their startup, like 6k. Once you get the pressure on, it's hard for Slayer to escape, so go for knockdowns into bazooka oki all day.

Char specific details: Slayer's average for comboing, nothing special here. He takes less damage than average.

Well, i thought i should mention this: Since Robo-Ky has an awkward hit box, and he is somewhat of a heavy character, Slayer has chances when he does an air combo whiff the 2nd j2K during air combo and when that happens Robo-Ky can tech, but then Slayer comes down with a jK or what not and RK usually gets hit, so as advice, when you RK players Tech, make sure to block cause this can lead to resets if you just tech and probalby do nothing... Block and FD block to boot! and for okizeme in the corner i think ground rocket lvl 3 or 2 is decent against slayer with less then 50 percent tension... only options i can think Slayer can do.. is bdc jump out it, and has to be bdc 1f jump or he gona jump block it.. dandy in the corner wont save him from rocket either.. mid screen is iffy, cause he might be able to dandy FRC out or somethign. I am not 100 percent sure since i nvr used RK against Slayer before.. and this is what i would think is decently effective... i dont think Slayer can wake up BBU through it either cause of rocket as meaty.

Openers: I don't recommend jumping forward, dandy step -> k will beat pretty much anything you got. Punishes: you can punish dandy step -> k on block with 5hs (while theyre still in the air) it will be counter hit, FRC it and follow with combo of choice. Counters: horse will CH a backwards dandy step. Strategy: Learn to instant block his pressure, its not too hard it all goes to the rhythm of his links.

So i got to play a ton of slayer matches yesterday and i got to learn something very good, 5k is awesome. 5k is your best opener. It beats 2d and mappa and you can recover and block before he can do anything else. Also when you are in a neutral position (just outside of 2hs range or further) dont be afraid to throw out a few preemptive 5k's cause as i said they beat 2d and mappa (the two moves slayer loves to use to get in on you.)

Strategy: IB and peel your eyes for moves punishable in their startup, like 6k. Once you get the pressure on, it's hard for Slayer to escape, so go for knockdowns into bazooka oki all day.

I take it back, all Slayer has to do is hit 44 and he is out of pressure Y_Y

I take it back, all Slayer has to do is hit 44 and he is out of pressure Y_Y

what if instead of bazooka oki, you stick to 2p, so if he backdashs, you have a better option to follow up

2p? he backdashes? run up and throw, or horse maybe\

or maybe L2 steam, frc'd, should be able to throw a bazooka after the fact and get him as he re-appears?

just an idea, not tried n true

he can bdc (back dash cancel) jump so trying to do something quick into bazooka probably isnt the best thing if the slayer is bdc'ing out of your pressure. but ya if he is bdc'ing out of your pressure you should definitely save yourself the tension of bazooka and just do 5p or w/e and try to react to what he does.

i've had slayers just forward dash whenever i do some kind of oki.... so i decided to mainly use 5k since it turns around instantly

i dont think Slayers should be able to forward dash ur meaties unless you time it wrong... but in any cause using 5P is good cause if they DO decide to BDC JUMP, you can probalby jump after him and air throw him or something... or what i woudl do as a gimmick 5P whiff -> 2H FRC :V...

The Slayer I've fought a lot likes to IAD in my face in match openers. Jumping forward and using j.p is a good bet, because you can whiff into a dj or a j.HS. If I'm feeling ballsy, I jump up and get an air-throw sometimes.

Pile Bunker: On block punish with horse execpt at max range you have to instant block. FB Pile Bunker: On block punish with punch spam super.

wow not alot of advice on slayer....guess its up to me to provide some info....Note that i dont know names of moves so imma do my best to describe it or tell u the rotation of it..sorry Ok first thing is first... openers - Recommend to block or you can use jump P. Those 2 options are the safest....Also 6p works too but some moves beat it out. Zoning game. The hardest of all right here....i recommend building meter the fastest way you know how...its hard to zone on slayers because he can dash and his 236 p goes like halfway across the screen..if you have distance i suggest trying to robo dash or shoot missles and upon him blocking them run in for some kind of mixup....try not to use 2k in this match too often cause 2hs of slayer move will lead to combo...robo ky farslash is useable at the right distance and for tryin to beat the other slayer to the punch of a move he is tryin to do. Priority and frames -the good thing about slayer is that he can spam random crap on you and he still is in frame advantage. So here are some things u can do when he does his dump stuff. Slayer 236p - if u time this right you can 6p him out of it. sometimes on block u can punish it depends how deep in he is on u afterwards. (dont know the names of the move but imma try to explain how it looks) Slayer faint backwards into the slash overhead, the kick that hits upwards, and the super punch move that has an ex version as well - the faint into the 2 hits that one hit over head he can actually recover faster that you can so if he does that i suggest not hitting a button because after that move he can faint backwards and do something else. If anything place a mat, superjump out of situation or backdash...the kick that hits upwards you have to False defense in air....afterwards you can punish him hard. the super punch i have tried alot of things to see what beats it out and nothing does!!! if he does this move or u suspect that he might dont do anything and just block. he can actually spam this move quite alot so u might feel like u are stuck blocking but do not try to counter that move please!!!!! The only time its safe to punish after he does this if he has no meter!!!!! If you read above u might think that this matchup sucks for robo ky and it does indeed...now i will get into what u can do in situations in more depth. Remember how i said to gain tension asap...well this is where it comes in handy...horsie is ur key in this battle. Horsie level 3 beats out alot...ill go over what the do beat out.... Slayers faint moves....if u horsie level 3 right when u first see the faint starting up it will beat it out. also horsie level 3 beats his backdashes and forward dissapearing dashes. level 3 horsies beats out slayer 2hs stomp as well....goes clean over it!!!! key tips to winning this battle- in air false defense....slayer 236D will kill you if u dont. also slayer can faint into the kick that hit upwards. slayer j Hs is really hard to beat....your j hs is good to but at the right distance...if you both are jumping at the same time use j hs if there is like medium distance between you and him. if you are upclose try to use jump p or k and very close try to air throw..... on ground and he is jumping in on you try to use 2hs only...everything else he beats out....when using 2hs make sure he is gonna land right on the missle and if you do 2hs late u will get counter hitted so make sure its more of an anticipation rather than a reaction kinda thing. 2k in this match= death. 6p beats out alot of moves but not the faint into the super punch (nothing does). last but not least build meter for horsie!!!!!!!!!

lvl 3 horsie is only good if you have the initiative as slayers don't usually do dandy step (the feint) during their block strings. If you think the slayer is going to do dandy step on wakeup to avoid your 5k (and it will avoid it, unless you spam 5k, then it hits him when he is coming back) just robo dash. I wouldn't recommend doing lvl 3 as a defensive measure while you're blocking and you think they are far away. it might work once or twice, but smart slayers will start to use 6P at a certain distance against robo because it will beat CH your horsie, it will CH your f.s, it will CH your 2k (you shouldnt even be using 2k due to 2hs). If you think slayer is at a far distance, just superjump away (since you're probably in the corner) or backdash. backdashing doesn't always work, and don't do backdash 2d because slayer seeing you backdash can try to mappa punch you, and 2d would just be a free hit. don't spam air missiles at mid range, because you'll eat BBU. only spam on far range (but watch out for his super). On wakeup, late missile can get punished by BBU (it'll go through the missile and hit you) dont ever jump in obviously vs slayer, his 5p will beat everything you do dont try to anti air slayer, his jhs will eat you. 2hs will only work if you predict the slayer to jump. if you do it on reaction its usually too late. your 5hs will CH his 6k and his 6hs if you do it early enough. key to winning is being patient and charging meter. Landing big combos and not doing risky things is the way to beat this matchup, since anything risky will more than likely result in you losing 50%.

nope...slayer can get out of all your oki with back dash cancel (bdc) jump. when you throw out your 5p just be ready to either like horse if hes back dashing or air throw if hes jumping.