Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS2] Hazama Combo Thread

disregard, I didn't see beginning of post, but you should name it something other than J6D... That can easily confuse anyone just glancing over it.

How about j.6D#. Reminds me of j.214B#m but way better obviously.

I only have one problem with Hazamas combos. I can't seem to get the j.7D to get the good hit on Platinum. I'm talking about the 6d, 4d, j.7d combo. I always get the dinky no hitstun version. I know it's possible to do. I've done it on occasion. I just can't figure out what I'm doing different when it works.

I try delaying the hits I try being as far away as possible, but it just seems to be random when it works.

Edit: I also tried 4d, 6d, j.7d. It's the same problem.

I got it to work only once in a match with Platinum and it has to be 4D 6D. 6D 4D will never work on Platinum. The delay you have to make between each step is really weird.

6d 4d j7d does work. I've done it before. I guess I just have to tinker with the timing between each shot.

Pretty sure everyone said 6D 4D doesn't work with Plat... but I'm not sure now that you said it does.

From Page 1

Platinum: Any situation into Hotenjin, 66 214D~C(2) 66 6C 66 (VERY SHORT DASH) 5C(1) 2C 4DA 6DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

It'll work this way more often, or you can try to do it your way and never get it.

From Page 1

Platinum: Any situation into Hotenjin, 66 214D~C(2) 66 6C 66 (VERY SHORT DASH) 5C(1) 2C 4DA 6DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

It'll work this way more often, or you can try to do it your way and never get it.

Im finding much more easier and reliable to let the 5C pickup hit twice, then 4DA 6DA. Works much more better than 5C(1) seems.

Yep, this one. Its full of specifics and possibily, the best you can midscreen

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11795-CS2-Hazama-COMBO-THREAD&p=1034994&viewfull=1#post1034994 Also check the main post.

This is the meat for his combos, almost everthing will combo into this. Counter-hits 3C/214D~B(needs check), Houtenjin confirms, etc.

Even though it seems hard to learn the specifics at first, thats pretty much what you need to learn combo-wise. Period.

Practice it, do it, love it.

ok so the Hakumen specific combo in that cool Hazama combo vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwteUmZvS-o

Can be started from 5A and not 6A if crouching. I tried it on standing Hakumen but I think I only got it to work once so I can't confirm it right now. If I get it to happen again, it can be started from 5A if standing too.

Edit: Same thing with Tager. It works on him too.

From Page 1

This may be late, but remember to delay the 6DA and J.7DA hits and NOT the 4DA.

The 6D will just whiff and make you sadface.

Playing around in training mode against Tager (because I love 5C Jakou xN) and I discovered a pretty nifty back grab combo. It's probably been found or known, but I'll put the annotation here just in case.

Backgrab j.6D~D 66A (5C 623D)x3 3C [236D, 214D~A, Mizuchi]

236D: Damage: 2.8~2.9k

Heat: 46

214D~A: Damage: 2.8~2.9k

Heat: 48

Mizuchi: 4.4K

I am currently unable to add more loops. If you can let me know.

http://youtu.be/DLMVyVUZu8A?t=2m36s

how do you chain multiple 6Cs like that? just something I'm curious about. (I've tried a fatal 214D~B+2 gold bursts and still can't get it)

That combo is Rachel specific, but you can do a universal character version by doing 214D~B fatal > jayoku while the opponent is in the corner. Don't mash the 6C

uhh don't mash the 6C? idk what else you could be doing wrong?

Mhmm.

Being a noob, I'm having trouble landing j6D consistently, and as a result, haven't been able to practice 66>6C>66>2C at all, which seems the toughest part of them combos.

I've read the entire thread and you probably don't have any more tips so I won't ask for them, but how about suggesting quick ways to practice that specific part after Jakou? I read something about backthrowing Makoto, but it doesn't seem to work at all, even though I hold 9 during the whole animation and press 6D as soon as possible. I do the exact same thing with Jakou though and it doesn't work, so I won't be surprised if you tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and you guys really land Zaneiga starter combos often? Everyone backs off as soon as they see me 214D, so I haven't really tried using it in an actual match. Anti air Gasshokyaku is a different story.

In my experience, you won't get a Zaneiga starter often, but CH 3C is not that uncommon and the combo is exactly the same except you do a 3C first. Jayoku combos are also the same as Zaneiga combos except you do normals into Jayoku first.

Yup, I know that far and have no problem leading any of the two to the first Jakou, but then I have to 66>3C>Jabaki/Rassenga/Mizuchi if I have the meter since I suck at j6D lol.

@Putin: Finally, someone who knows my pain! I rarely land the 623D>j.6D link, but when I do, the rest is easy.

Aforementioned pain is probably self-inflicted seeing as I play on analog.

I use the analog too for most specials except for 623s and the likes. I don't see how this is relevant though. D:

Basically, nine times out of ten, I'll make myself look like an ass by doing ground 6D which was meant to be a forward jump into immediate j.6D, or I'll jump but end up doing another j.9D. Even when it comes out right, sometimes they'll just tech before j.6D hits them. But you're right, it's irrelevant. I just need to hit training mode ad infinitum 'til I get it right.

On topic: Since I do fail at j.6D, does anyone know what the damage is from the zaneiga combo with CH 3C starter?