Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS2] Hazama Combo Thread

Or you can combo into it because it's fun as hell. CH 3C 66A also doesn't take away much damage at all. Ur no fun Zeron. Learn to live a little, troll with your combos, kill an opponent with style.

I agree man, no reason to go for optimal every single time. I'd rather do a classy looking combo that I made up myself for a little less damage than be someone who only does combos taken from the Haz CS2 vid for things like 'meter gain' and 'maximum damage'. There's no shame in a 6a or a 6b here or there, and that shit is mad classy.

I like to use 2c 5c in combos personally. But I heard we lose that gatling in BBCSE :[

Or you can combo into it because it's fun as hell. CH 3C 66A also doesn't take away much damage at all. Ur no fun Zeron. Learn to live a little, troll with your combos, kill an opponent with style.

I agree man, no reason to go for optimal every single time. I'd rather do a classy looking combo that I made up myself for a little less damage than be someone who only does combos taken from the Haz CS2 vid for things like 'meter gain' and 'maximum damage'.

These guys know.

on grounded opponent ch j2c optional dash 6b 236236b blah blah blah

I like to use 2b where 2b isn't needed sometimes because it looks awesome and reminds me of CS1. Like after 214d~c 6c. Then you can usually reverse the chains by doing 4d first and not going for the whole relaunch.

I also like to do 2c j.cx5 5c 4d j214b# after 6c if I feel like it or if it'll take them to the corner. I know that on Ragna you can actually land 5c 6d 4d sometimes and it works, looks awesome too.

air to air ch J2c pause jump j.cx5 j214b

using j.a in combos ftw

Of course we know j.5D~D j.214B RC into 5C 2C leads to relaunch but what else...

j.5D~D j.214B RC jc 4D~D 6C Relaunch

And for the classy gentleman who loves to do flashy stuff:

j.5D~D j.214B RC j.2C 2C Relaunch

You have to watch the chains on this one to time it right. Though it's sexy as hell. Besides, we all already know all the optimal combos.

Good stuff, I definitely need to work on the RC combos.

Been messing around with the mini-relaunch that I posted up there. So far this works on Noel and Valkenhayn:

214d~c (1 or 2) 6c 66 5c(2) j.cx5 2c 6d 4d j214b# I prefer going for j.b j.cx1 etc in the j214b# because it's tricky getting the second j.c to hit esp. on Noel. Of course you can swap around the 5c and 2c but meh. Dash 2c will always be annoying lol. For Ragna and Jin, you must do dash 2c first. I was only able to get it to work with a level 2 214d~c on Jin :[

Also looks really good if you know how to confirm your 5c ch's into 214d~c.

Time to see if it works on anyone else.

Of course we know j.5D~D j.214B RC into 5C 2C leads to relaunch but what else...

j.5D~D j.214B RC jc 4D~D 6C Relaunch

And for the classy gentleman who loves to do flashy stuff:

j.5D~D j.214B RC j.2C 2C Relaunch

You have to watch the chains on this one to time it right. Though it's sexy as hell. Besides, we all already know all the optimal combos.

You know the sad thing is... His flashy combos ARE his optimal combos. An 8k combo is flashier than wasting 100 meter for 2k damage. justsayin

I think the best thing you can do is figuring out a method to make the 9k combo work on every character instead of just the ones I listed.

You know the sad thing is... His flashy combos ARE his optimal combos. An 8k combo is flashier than wasting 100 meter for 2k damage. justsayin

I think the best thing you can do is figuring out a method to make the 9k combo work on every character instead of just the ones I listed.

His 8K combos take an optimal starter. Ones that can be hard to land. I'd rather spend 50 heat and get it back for 4-5k on a RC combo and get the position/oki/whatever it gives me then to just hope for a big hit to land. And of course these combos do way more than 2K. Convert damage off of everything, not just off of the best starters.

I thought his 8k combos only took meter? You can confirm pretty much any hit into a houtenjin. After that, you can probably do relaunch with a mizuchi ender, which can be anywhere from 6k to 8k or 9k, depending on the starter.

His 8K combos take an optimal starter. Ones that can be hard to land. I'd rather spend 50 heat and get it back for 4-5k on a RC combo and get the position/oki/whatever it gives me then to just hope for a big hit to land. And of course these combos do way more than 2K. Convert damage off of everything, not just off of the best starters.

His 8k combo does not require good starters. You get more damage with good starters is all. Actually, they can start with 6A which is probably the thing you will not fail to land even once. His relaunch does not require big hits to land.

You just completely pulled shit from your ass. No offense.

They require an optimal starter in the sense that you need to be able to do Houtenjin. This isn't really easy to do if the opponent is in the air. That's what he means.

They require an optimal starter in the sense that you need to be able to do Houtenjin. This isn't really easy to do if the opponent is in the air. That's what he means.

Do j.214B for knockdown and oki then get a combo off Houtenjin. It's quite simple. Or you could confirm 6D into 623D and rapid dash Zaneiga.

Nah man, no offense taken at all. Oh wait, yeah a little was taken. Dick.

All I'm saying is that you can't do relaunch off of everything, and you also make it sound like any relaunch combo is 8k. 3C Hotenjin is 7.3k with mizuchi enders. There are only a couple that crack 8k. However, that's also not my point. Those are j.5D~D non CH combos that give you relaunch. Unless you got a secret j.5D~D combo I didn't know about. Also I said the 6B combo wasn't optimal. Besides, these combos (except for RC jc 4D~D which has them tech before after 6D~D 6C, my bad, I used a different starter and forgot) give you full relaunch, which can give you 214D~A Oki, which is pretty strong, or the same Oki as j.214B, gain your meter back, and do decent damage. I see no downside in using meter to do damage and gain it back, putting them in the same Oki.

So it seems to me like you're not completely sure what you're talking about. No offense.

Nah man, no offense taken at all. Oh wait, yeah a little was taken. Dick.

All I'm saying is that you can't do relaunch off of everything, and you also make it sound like any relaunch combo is 8k. 3C Hotenjin is 7.3k with mizuchi enders. There are only a couple that crack 8k. However, that's also not my point. Those are j.5D~D non CH combos that give you relaunch. Unless you got a secret j.5D~D combo I didn't know about. Also I said the 6B combo wasn't optimal. Besides, these combos (except for RC jc 4D~D which has them tech before after 6D~D 6C, my bad, I used a different starter and forgot) give you full relaunch, which can give you 214D~A Oki, which is pretty strong, or the same Oki as j.214B, gain your meter back, and do decent damage. I see no downside in using meter to do damage and gain it back, putting them in the same Oki.

So it seems to me like you're not completely sure what you're talking about. No offense.

8k combo is my way of saying "that relaunch combo with the Mizuchi ender". You can do relaunch off of a lot of things and they're the ones that usually matter because how often do you catch people with an empty j.5D? j.214B RC is legit but not all the times. It's good if you can actually get someone with air chains but if you're a bit too close to the ground, j.4D won't put them in hitstun and the combo won't work. The thing is that these combos aren't new at all. They've been in every single Haz tutorial vid so far. I'm more interested in finding bigger and fatter combos and combos with tight links that open up new combo possibilities. Hirentotsu RC is general knowledge. I just wanted people to know they shouldn't do 6B in their combo just because it looks flashy. I have no problem with people wanting to do flashy combos.

What. If I meant Relaunch combo I would have said "relaunch" combo. I guess that was miscommunication. Also, I said they're not optimal. Besides, CH 3C 66A only takes off like a hundred damage or so. Maybe not everyone has the combo videos either. I just put it out there. Then of course some combos are situational. And I still font see how it's ever bad if you gain your meter back. And 6A gets blocked fairly often if you're not careful. So it's not a guarenteed hit.

I like you Zeron, but every now and then you sound hella netplay

What. If I meant Relaunch combo I would have said "relaunch" combo. I guess that was miscommunication. Also, I said they're not optimal. Besides, CH 3C 66A only takes off like a hundred damage or so. Maybe not everyone has the combo videos either. I just put it out there. Then of course some combos are situational. And I still font see how it's ever bad if you gain your meter back. And 6A gets blocked fairly often if you're not careful. So it's not a guarenteed hit.

I like you Zeron, but every now and then you sound hella netplay

There is something I've been meaning to try out. I have yet to try it though... 3C Rapid > 6C into full relaunch. It makes 3C safe and in the event they get hit, if it's not CH, you get the full relaunch anyway. It could work if you make people get used to Ressenga after 2B?

It's true though, that nobody blocks 6a online. :keke:

Might as well keep posting combos to stay on subject! Some of my favorite astrolls!

opponent cornered:

anything -> 236d -> astral

2c 5c 3c -> astral

5c astral

6a astral works on normal or counter hit

6b works too!

214d~c astral

cornered, facing outwards:

anything into 623d astral

236c 66 2a 5b astral

I have to say it always bothers me when people say "Hazama has practica 8k and 10k combos..." He really doesn't. That's just showing his maximum damage with optimal starters for the situation. With an appropriate punish of Inferno Divider, etc... he gets 8-10k. But that's situational and extremely rare if you're playing against good players. Most of the time his damage will be around 5-7.5k off the starters professionals use. Examples would include his command throw, 3C, 2A > 5B, etc etc.

In a match against good players, you'll probably break 8K one in every 5-10 matches, if that. So people should stop claiming every relaunch combo = 8K damage. It simply doesn't. Now that I'm done ranting, I'll agree that his relaunch combos are more practical than any other combos, even if you gain the heat back otherwise. Primarily because at the end of any relaunch combo, you can leave out Mizuchi, and gain the 50-75 heat back anyways.

I have to say it always bothers me when people say "Hazama has practica 8k and 10k combos..." He really doesn't. That's just showing his maximum damage with optimal starters for the situation. With an appropriate punish of Inferno Divider, etc... he gets 8-10k. But that's situational and extremely rare if you're playing against good players. Most of the time his damage will be around 5-7.5k off the starters professionals use. Examples would include his command throw, 3C, 2A > 5B, etc etc.

In a match against good players, you'll probably break 8K one in every 5-10 matches, if that. So people should stop claiming every relaunch combo = 8K damage. It simply doesn't. Now that I'm done ranting, I'll agree that his relaunch combos are more practical than any other combos, even if you gain the heat back otherwise. Primarily because at the end of any relaunch combo, you can leave out Mizuchi, and gain the 50-75 heat back anyways.

If you hitconfirm a 5B or j.B, you will get 8.5k with 100 meter on a couple characters. They're not even optimal starters. And you're arguing against yourself...? You just said 7.5k. That's what you should be getting off a good hitconfirm if you don't put 500000000 normals before you Houtenjin (Hint hint: People who do shit tons of normals > 3C > then Houtenjin).

I'm not arguing against myself. I'm just really exact. 7.5k isn't 8k. And I was talking 50 heat, not 100. Usually you'll get around 5-7.5k in the corner or mid-screen on a professional level where people won't let you get Houtenjin off of 5C or 6C CH.

(I know I tend to use many normals > 3C > 236236B. It's a bad habit of mine I'm working on. Trying to confirm it more off of j.b > 5B > Houtenjin, etc. Makes it too predictable if it's always after 3C, and people can catch it with a burst.)

I'm not arguing against myself. I'm just really exact. 7.5k isn't 8k. And I was talking 50 heat, not 100. Usually you'll get around 5-7.5k in the corner or mid-screen on a professional level where people won't let you get Houtenjin off of 5C or 6C CH.

(I know I tend to use many normals > 3C > 236236B. It's a bad habit of mine I'm working on. Trying to confirm it more off of j.b > 5B > Houtenjin, etc. Makes it too predictable if it's always after 3C, and people can catch it with a burst.)

I wasn't mentioning you at all. I was talking generally.

Haha. Well, I guess I'm part of the general population. Working on improving, and I can usually confirm 5B/5C into Houtenjin after an air to ground attack. Problem is I hardly play the game anymore.

Honestly, just waiting to play Vergil in Ultimate MVC3, he's my second favorite character ever after all. Anyone else excited about his reveal this Thursday? (Then again, this is completely off topic.)