Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[CS2] Valkenhayn Vs. Hakumen

Discuss the Valkenhayn vs. Hakumen match-up here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

Special Throw combo off of Back Throw(4BC):

Back Throw: 4BC>RC>Rozen>9D>[W]j.A>j.236A>j.236B>C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>D>[H]j.B>dj.B>dj.C (3022 Damage, 23 Heat gained back)

Char. Specific Detail:

Special Throw combo off of Back Throw(4BC):

Back Throw: 4BC>RC>Rozen>9D>[W]j.A>j.236A>j.236B>C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>D>[H]j.B>dj.B>dj.C (3022 Damage, 23 Heat gained back)

I'll add more when I play this matchup more.

I'm having a lot of trouble against Hakus that use j.C a lot to stuff me moving around in midair in wolf. Any suggestions?

If he's not doing it on reaction and just jumping in the air a lot, go into wolf, run under his j.C and wolf 5B his ass.

I'm having a lot of trouble against Hakus that use j.C a lot to stuff me moving around in midair in wolf. Any suggestions?

Try to stay high in the air when you're in Wolf Form until you're in the right position to approach Hakumen. Haku doesn't have a normal that will go high enough to hit you out of Wolf if you use that form right, but be wary of Hotaru. Otherwise, you'll want to try to bait a move and cause it to whiff, giving you enough time to punish or get in.

EDIT: Leo is definitely right about Wolf 5B. If anything, he'll land near you which is what you want anyway.

It's mainly the ones that do j.C/Hotaru on reaction to me jumping in that give me trouble. If they're just jumping randomly it's not nearly as hard.

So stay above him in midair? Thanks, I'll try doing that more.

If you've got some real big balls and you know Hakumen will throw a j.C in the air, space yourself so Rozen goes right under him for a CH. I've done it a couple times but those were more for troll tactics. As for against a competent Hakumen player, he'll wait till you get in the air to throw it or at least do something that he can try to poke you out of and continue with 4C>Kishuu>Enma etc etc. Try something like going into Wolf, following him on the ground and doing a 4C if he tries to hit you and 5B won't reach. If you're too far out, 5B will either clash with j.C or just make it whiff entirely and then you have to figure out if hes gonna throw a 4C or not which puts Valk in an odd situation.