Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

AC Kliff Thread

Oh shit did you hear AC kliff will be in his younger form. Check out the new famitsu magizine. It has scans, but his sprite still looks rather chunky compared to the rest of the cast :(

Oh shit did you hear AC kliff will be in his younger form. Check out the new famitsu magizine. It has scans, but his sprite still looks rather chunky compared to the rest of the cast :(

Are you serious? That would so own! But are we sure this is confirmed and not like any of his specials (which in most he reverts to his younger self ~.~) cause in his new portrait he is depicted old and gruff (like we love em)

Maybe it'll be a seperate character (!) like Sol and Order Sol, that would be AWESOME!

I personally haven't heard anything of the sort. Source a.k.a. Article Itself, please. (Yeah I know it's from Famitsu, but so far I haven't heard squat).

I was just fucking around. You know they wouldnt put that much effort on secondary characters. I just wish they would make Justice and Kliff sprites on par with the other characters.

wow!! cool!

I wanna play kliff!

big blade ftw!

Anyway the voice in that video. isn't that the voiceactor of Dizzy??

it is soo kawaii :kitty:

Justice and Kliff break most of the Missions. Oh, you want me to combo over 14 hits...? OK, throw->Imperial Ray for 43 hits.

Looks like Kliff got hit by the nerf stick in quite a few ways, but got a couple welcome changes. - 6P has had its insane stun multiplier lessened. It now takes about as many hits as Eddie's to stun someone (much harder since Kliff's 6P only hits once). Feels like it went from 5x or 6x -> 3x. - The 214P dodge is still invincible to strikes all the way through, but is now fully throwable :( - Kliff has become heavier by a slight amount, he no longer floats away like May during combos. His air hitbox feels like a lighter version of Chipp or Zappa. - j.D now gatlings from j.H, allowing for it to be used as a late overhead in jump-ins. It also knocks the enemy up and back higher, allowing for better combo opportunities (Reflex Roar will combo from anywhere, better stuff is probably doable in the corner) - Air Reflex Roar FB (236D) is new. Does good damage and wallsticks on hit, but is techable afterwards. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can rapidfire TK them in the corner for an easy loop, there's some amount of time after you do one where you're not allowed to do it again. If you use a normal like j.S in between you're usually ok, but this seems tough to do.

Air Reflex Roar FB (236D) is new. Does good damage and wallsticks on hit, but is techable afterwards. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can rapidfire TK them in the corner for an easy loop, there's some amount of time after you do one where you're not allowed to do it again. If you use a normal like j.S in between you're usually ok, but this seems tough to do.

Really? I was able to loop at least two pretty easily. 6P-5S© -> TK Reflex Roar, land and TK another or you can dash 5K-5S© into another TK Reflex Roar or aircombo. You can even just land and do the ground Reflex Roar after the second TK if you have full meter.

I was also able to get j.HS to combo into j.D during an air combo in the corner.

EDIT: Just did this combo on Testament in the corner.

j.D (launch), land, j.K-S-HS-D, land, hj.P-S-HS-D

Did 198 dmg. If you have 25% meter:

j.D (launch, TK Reflex Roar, land, dash 5S©, j.K-S-HS-D, land, hj.P-S-HS-D for 234 dmg.

jH > D works anywhere as long as your spacing is right. It's also a really good pressure string because of how much safer jD is now. If your spacing is right you can also just do jD, land, jS > H > D into whatever. 6H XX 236S FRC combos hurt a lot! Random strats D: Jump back jH > D, land, repeat is a really difficult sequence for some characters to deal with. They can sometimes IB -> 2P or something to hit you as you leave the ground but if you space it really well it's pretty hard to do anything. If you don't space it right... you can still block, or 214P dodge (+ old man punches), or mash 2P or something. You can also do rising jH XX 236S, dunno if it still has the FRC point but it gives a combo on hit at the very least. TK FB is active for a while so you can kinda meaty it, or use it to bait AAs. Also really good against people who try to jump up and hit you if you've been doing a lot of jD. You can do some weird momentum trickery with iadD- nothing crazy glitchy though. 214P is no longer throw invul so shrug. Still gets you out of some stuff that you shouldn't be able to get out of. 2D is good, but no huge followups without meter. Might be able to meaty taunt after it on some characters, though.

Not sure about this but I think j.D's "bounce height" is relative to how high you are when you start it.

Not sure about this but I think j.D's "bounce height" is relative to how high you are when you start it.

It works like any other bounce move- the higher your OPPONENT is when it hits, the higher they bounce. For funny results, hit them with jD to end a dust combo.

dash c.S > H XX 236P FRC IAD [iadK > S > H] land, K > c.S > 2D corner 6H XX 236S FRC IAD [iadH > D], land, [jH > D], land, [sjP > K XX 236D] (possibly end with adH > D after FB?)

From midscreen you can hit 2HS -> 236S FRC, then hj IAD into late j.D (so the airdash momentum doesn't cut the move short) and from here you can start j.HS-D loops. Example: dash 2K-5S©-2HS -> 236S FRC, hj.IAD late j.D, land, j.HS-D, land, j.HS-D, land, hj.HS-D Even off of a prorated starter like a 2K, this does 284 damage to a normal-stamina character and only takes 25% to boot.

Justice and Kliff break most of the Missions. Oh, you want me to combo over 14 hits...? OK, throw->Imperial Ray for 43 hits.

Gamma Ray. 52 Hits.