Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

MAT VIII part of Evo Tournament Season - June 4th & 5th - Montreal, Canada: Results

animu games results:

BBCS2

1: Vice-Taicho ($189.00) (Montreal) :LI:

2: Kirbster ($54.00) (Montreal) :RA:

3: Brice ($27.00) (Montreal) :TG:

4: Level5-Chan (Montreal) :TS:

5: Leo7 (Toronto) :VA:

5: MEoDP (Montreal) :JI:

7: Linear04 (Toronto) :VA:

7: Rhannmah (Montreal) :RA:

9: Tim (Toronto) :LA:

9: K2 (Toronto) :RA:

9: Kousaka (Toronto) :AR:

9: Kristoffer :JI:

13: Rameo (Montreal) :HZ:

13: AirMaster (Montreal) :LA:

13: Kaeru (Montreal) :BANG:

13: Sapphire (Toronto) :TS:

17: Blade (Montreal) :HA:

17: Calm101 (Montreal) :MU:

17: Kellfire (Toronto) :TG:

17: Fugu (Toronto) :LI:

17: Pedro (Montreal) :MU:

17: Dio Brando (Toronto) :HZ:

17: Sir H (Montreal) :HA:

17: Emmanuel Montinard (Montreal) :CA:

25: Freezerburn (Ottawa) :BANG:

25: Charles Brodeur

1000: Steb (Montreal) :HZ:

GGXXAC

1: Tim ($66.50) (Toronto) :PO::TE:

2: Leo7 ($19.00) (Toronto) :RO:

3: K2 ($9.50) (Toronto) :MA:

4: Sapphire (Toronto) :SL::OS:

5: Rhannmah (Montreal) :JO:

5: sage (Ottawa) :SO:

7: Dio Brando (Toronto)

7: Steb (Montreal) :AX:

9: lofo (Ottawa) :SL:

9: Linear4 (Toronto) :PO:

9: NerdJosh (NY) :FA:

9: Brice (Montreal) :PO:

13: Kousaka (Toronto)

13: Pedro (Montreal) :ZA:

13: Sir H (Montreal) :SL:

13: Kirbster (Montreal) :JA:

17: Kaeru (Montreal) :BA:

17: Thelo (Montreal) :AX:

17: PotatoBrain (Montreal)

AH3

1: Level5-Chan (Montreal) - fiona

2: Arturo Sanchez - kamui

3: Pedro (Montreal) -petra

3: Brice (Montreal) - elsa

5: Calm101 (Montreal) - scharl

5: NerdJosh (NY) - kira

5: MEoDP (Montreal) - lilicia

5: Tipz (Montreal)

9: Meh (Toronto)

9: Kazuhiro (Montreal) - akane

9: Fugu (Toronto) - kamui

9: Kr3wman (Montreal)

Brackets:

MAT8BBCS2bracet.gif

MAT8GGXXACbracket.gif

MAT8AH3bracket.gif

Montreal vs Toronto 7v7 BBCS2 (not recorded sadly)

Kousaka > Brice

Kousaka > pochp

Kousaka > Kirbster

Kousaka < MEoDP

X-Sapphire > MEoDP

X-Sapphire > Airmaster

X-Sapphire < Level5-Chan

Dio Brando < Level5-Chan

Tim < Level5-Chan

Linear04 < Level5-Chan

(Leo7 > K2 for the seat)

Leo7 > Level5-Chan

Leo7 > BladeOfJustice7 (astroll finish)

K2

traffic > rhannmah

a lot of games were recorded, will upload them to our channel soon : http://www.youtube.com/user/MTLBlazBlue

other games results : http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/mat-viii-part-of-evo-tournament-season-results.138146/

These Guilty Gear results are... humbling. It seems it's time for us to step up our game. Who played which character at the top there? I only remember Sapphire = Slayer, K2 = May, Sage = Sol and Lofo = Slayer. Oh and Rhannmah = Johnny obv.

By the way, Lofo in the GGXXAC results is from Ottawa.

Shoutouts to being randomed out twice by wolf-cannons.

Shoutouts to zero for coming out to mtl despite being lazy, and being one of the first to ban platinum. Oh wait-

Shoutouts to Pedro and Brice for all of us coming together to organize this.

Shoutouts to Vice and Kirbster you guys really repped mtl this weekend.

Shoutouts to 2 of Canada's top BB players play on pad.

Shoutouts to Leo for blowing me up with mvc3 tactics with Valk.

Shoutouts to level5 for being one nasty tsubaki.

Shoutouts to kousaka for thinking I called him retarded.

Shoutouts to K2 for NEVER talking. Either thinks I'm an irritating nigga, or he's a samurai.

Shoutouts to linear's game face.

Shoutouts to NO noel players for MAT8.

I had a good time guys.

Leo7 > BladeOfJustice7 (astroll finish)

So much sodium from that. This is going to plague my mind for a long time.

These Guilty Gear results are... humbling. It seems it's time for us to step up our game. Who played which character at the top there? I only remember Sapphire = Slayer, K2 = May, Sage = Sol and Lofo = Slayer. Oh and Rhannmah = Johnny obv.

By the way, Lofo in the GGXXAC results is from Ottawa.

I'll edit the post with characters used later today if I don't forget. I'll also post shoutouts later.

edit: project importing took long, so I did it. Please correct me if I was wrong somewhere and tell me who I missed.

i didn't use potemkin in the gg tourney, i used robo-ky.

also, tim switched to testament once i exposed his potemkin in winners :(.

i'll have to post full shoutouts later tonight, i'm going to be busy this afternoon. just wanted to say i had fun this weekend. most fun i've had a tourney so far! i had so much fun, i almost felt as if i was a different person :yaaay:! more later.

despite being lazy, my spirit was there with the TO team and guiding them to place higher, it was a long walk for my poor soul, I should get some credit for that.

special shoutouts to pochp/brice for running the tourney really smoothly. It was a really enjoyable weekend for me.

shoutouts to vice for raping me in casuals and having a beast litchi. Congrats on winning the tourney

shoutouts to kirbster's beast rachel. thank god I had matchup experience. Oh, shoutouts to being the only non TO player that played me in GG

shoutouts to brice for those tager gimmicks. Unfortunately just because I can do the gimmicks doesn't mean I can handle them =(

shoutouts to level5-chan for exposing me with the most obnoxious tsubaki I've ever seen

shoutouts to airmaster for not knowing the valk matchup =( Keep at it!

shoutouts to blade for being a real nigga and hassling me for not playing you in casuals XD oh, shoutouts to astroll finish lol

shoutouts to all the other people I met throughout the tourney but didn't get a chance to play you guys. It was nice meeting you all, too bad we didnt get much games down.

shoutouts to linear for being the weaker valk lol. stay free ninja. don't neeeeed combos to win.

Like i said before, i had a ton of fun at MTL. I just wish I knew alcohol can't be bought past 11 in Quebec :(. But when I stepped into the venue, it felt like I was a new man. Actually, the whole tournament i was really feeling myself in a whole new light and actually felt that i performed a lot stronger than last week at the anime north tourney. I didn't win, but I scammed my way into being the highest placer in Toronto, and I plan on placing higher. I'll improve on those match-ups that I had so much trouble with this weekend I swear. Hopefully we'll get to play against each other again soon. Its nice to see you guys improve so much since T11 and went past us. Now its our turn to catch up! Just make sure to stay gdlk.

had an awesome time at mtl. it was nice to meet everyone for the first time. i hope everyone didn't mind how loud i was at times, it was my first tourney outside of toronto, and i like getting hype. in fact, i was so hype, i felt like i was in two different places at the same time.

shoutouts to blade for being funny ass nigga, you're as cool as i thought you'd be in real life. sorry about the wolf shenanigans.

shoutouts to kirbster for being mad chill. i actually have rachel match-up experience too, except you just play differently from the local rachels here. exposed a lot of toronto players. don't denigrate yourself, your rachel was on fucking point.

shoutouts to level5-chan for dat tsubaki. actually wait, fuck tsubaki (srsly though, u gdlk).

shoutouts to airmaster for getting blown up by wolf shenanigans. it's ok i think that's a bad match-up for lambda by the way :(.

shoutouts to calm101's ragequit.

shoutouts to fugu, get an xbox and play on xbl if you want to spar!

shoutouts to rhanmah for dat DC johnny. i like all the KJ confirms, keep playing gear!

shoutouts to kaeru for being a french nezu. show me some corner bumper relaunch combos next time!

shoutouts to nerdjosh for apologizing after bodying me in gear. you didn't need to apologize, cause i should have checked the stick during button check. i appreciate the gesture.

shoutouts to vice for being the silent warrior. wanted to play you more, only got a few games early on.

shoutouts to meodp for doing super > dash under 6c even though it would have put the opponent out of the corner.

shoutouts to my brother from another mother but coming from the same wolf pack, leo7. at least we placed top 8 ninja, but we could have done better!

while i was saddened by our performance, i wasn't entirely surprised, and i'm also happy as well because this looks like the start of a good rivalry between MTL and Tdot (something that has existed with the SF community, but hasn't exactly been apparent in the airdash community). toronto will come back stronger mtl, we look forward to the next time we decide the destiny.

also, shoutouts to zeero for trolling hard and banning platinum even though i wanted to troll with heartcars :(. so i was forced to play valk instead (even though i've mained jin all my life lol).

shoutouts to being lazy. But its okay, I could feel the hype as if I was there =)

Thanks for a great time MTL.

Shoutouts to missing out. At least I get MTL secret boss title now lol.

I'll be there at T12.

i didn't know there was a AH3 tournament!!! WTF!!! i missed it!!!!

ararararar!!! diu la sing!!! OMG

ok, i will do my shout out later

Awesome tourney, best one yet out of MTL!

GGs to those I played even though my Haku wasn't all that this weekend. GG was a ton of fun despite sucking at it too lol.

Shoutouts to TO for making it out to MTL. Love you guys!

Shoutouts to MTL for making up for T11. Off to T12!

Shoutouts to Eb for being the comedian. This guy needs his own standup routine at Just for Laughs. :yaaay:

Shoutouts to Kaeru for being cool and talking motorcycles. I might just get one sooner than I thought!

Shoutouts to Pedro and Brice for running the show. Stay awesome, guys.

Shoutouts to Kirb for repping the new Rachel and being a chill guy.

Shoutouts to Lv5-chan. Sleeper hit of the tourney if there ever was one. Crank that unblockable!

Shoutouts to MTL food for being top-tier.

Let's get something just as awesome going come T12!

Also, I have to admit being very confused at Linear/Leo. I thought you guys took over Linear's name and switched tags or something. Wasn't it Zeero as Leo ans Leo as Linear? I -- I've been so confused. :psyduck:

ggs everyone it was fun.I wasn't speaking beacause my english is bad.lol

You're french is solid. Or how about this vice, when you're around we'll exchange languages. Neorussell also wanted to interview you and your name is up on srk btw as the winner of bb.

i didn't know there was a AH3 tournament!!! WTF!!! i missed it!!!!

ararararar!!! diu la sing!!! OMG

ok, i will do my shout out later

Maybe if you SPOKE more you would've known that.

Both of you two need to talk more. Stay shy you two.

Stay secret boss K.B.

Oh yea, my most important shoutouts is to kaeru for the solid gameplay/stick advice he gave me throughout the weekend. It really meant a lot man thanks.

Sup guys. I had an awesome time at MAT. Thanks to everyone for making this possible.

Shouts to Pedro/Brice/Airmaster/everyone else who helped host the tourney.

Shouts to Blade for being chill IRL. Let me know if you ever get that kamehameha wave down haha.

Shouts to Kirb for his beast Rachel and also a pretty chill guy. Aggro Rachel is not something we see here so it was nice to watch. Too bad we didn't get to play.

Shouts to Lvl5 for having a beast Tsubaki and making Blade salty just by watching you play haha.

Shouts to Rhannmah and his beast johnny. Play more GG!

Shouts to Quincy for having TO blood. We used to have a crazy GG scene here but I never saw you back in the days. Anyways, GGs man and hope to see you again with an improved testament!

Shouts to the guy who ragequit in the tourney, that shit was hilarious LOL!

Shouts to the 7V7 for being very entertaining and down to the last wire.

In case it wasn't obvious from all the coughing, I was really sick over the weekend but tried to enjoy my time there regardless. So that explains not chilling/talking with everyone as much as I would have. I had a bad impression on DL but you're all very chill people IRL.

Anyways, GGs to everyone I played. I was not at my best but I hope I was a good match for everyone. As I mentioned before, it was awesome to see how much you guys improved since T11, not just individually but as a whole community, you guys are a step above us now. I'm definitely hyped up and will actually start training again for next time. You guys should bring a big crew over to T12. Let's get this rivalry on fire!

Also play more GG MTL!

Shoutouts to Montreal, Shoutouts to Toronto, Shoutouts to NYC Nerdjosh and Arturo, Shoutouts to everybody who came at MAT VIII.

It was a great weekends and fun to play!!!!!

Note: I can see a lot of hatreds (or not) of my character Tsubaki and her unblockable. (lol)

Hmm about time I do this.

Shoutouts to Cranky for finding the awesome venue, organizing MATVIII and allowing us to have our side-tourney.

Shoutouts and thanks to everyone who helped b bringing equipment/consoles, as well as carrying stuff, setting up stuff, clean up, etc.

Shoutouts to guys from Toronto for coming over, definitely wouldn't have been the same without you guys. Hopefully more city rivalry now, I hope to keep seeing you guys at tournaments, and if ever any of you are in Montreal for whatever reason, let us know, we'll come up with something. Sadly I was busy doing too many things at once so I didn't get the chance to play many of you, I guess it's even more of a reason for me to drive out to Toronto with some guys to defend our title of best BB in (eastern) Canada? lol. Until then... anyone up for netplay? Add me on either xbl or psn.

Vice-Taicho: GJ repping montreal, you're the man to beat. I swear we can't let you get away with 3 majors in a row. Keep training though, we're catching up, come to meetups if you can make it.

Kirbster: You did an excellent job repping montreal as well, even though eternally second. I definitely coldn't improve as much as I did without your tips on mentality.

Brice: lol tager. (but srsly thanks big thanks for the help and support)

Level5-Chan: Beast tsubaki, keep at it with your wild playstyle, you'll eventually become renown for it. GJ in the 7v7 too, that was awesome. Also, good shit with the recording stuff and S-Video, it was a great help.

Leo7: Didn't play you but your valk looked sweet. GJ astrolling blade in the 7v7 :thumbu:

Fred: Wow GJ, that game against K2 was sooo hype, I'm uploading it to youtube shortly. Also thanks for showing up in time for the 7v7, without you kousaka might have ocv'd us.

Linear04: now when I'll lurk netplayer general and see you trolling, it'll go with a face and a voice :) That gold burst air grab... I think we'll both remember it for a little while at least lol.

Rhannmah: Nice placing in BB even though you barely play at meetups, keep teaching us GG, we gotta blow up toronto in that eventually. Sadface @ traffic though.

Tim: Lol we faced each other 1st round in both BB and GG, and you beat me both times. Next time, imma take my revenge you can be sure of that.

K2: :( we weren't 100% sure about running AH3, but we did it anyways last minute, after everything else was over, I would have preffered to have had you guys participate as well but I had my mind elsewhere on Saturday night, sorry once again. We even had people that were really good at the game participate, guess it'll have to be next time. We recorded it though, really short single elim Bo1 tournament. Oh and we won't plan platinum next time either.

Kousaka: lol blowing us up in the 7v7, fuuu that arakune hitbox that switches sides after airgrab RC. I also have to take my revenge on you next time we play each other. Oh and great time talking to you during the supper break. Going to evo is tempting fuuuuuu...

Kristoffer: dunno if you'll see this, but really sorry about the xbox pad situaton, I'll make sure we have the converter for future events. In the meantime, come to meetups if you're from montreal, and come talk to us in our matchfinder thread.

Rameo: Dang man you're losing that secret boss status :( I know you don't have enough time to hang out with us regularly though, thanks for still participating in our tournaments anyways.

Airmaster: Thanks for rigging... I mean doing the brackets. Keep coming to meetups and practicing, we need someone to rep that lambda.

Kaeru: Long time no see lol. You had some cool stuff in store, but it's true that your bang wasn't ready, rewatching a few replays made me realize how different it was from your CS1 bang. Keep grinding though, we miss you at meetups!

Sapphire: Heh good shit breaking the ice at the restaurant. By the way, I RQ'd at the tourney, so maybe you're talking about me lol. nevermind I just raged I didn't RQ.

Blade: good shit repping that mtl hype, next time I'll make sure we're recording/streaming with commentary so that hype will be immortaized.

Calm101: Sorry about all the delays and confusions and stuff, hope you enjoyed everything. Come to meetups more often if you can though, you don't come enough :P

Kellfire: Didn't meet you, but I'm guessing you're the tager who lost to airmaster. hope you enjoyed the trip.

Fugu: lol we didn't play each other even though we said we would. :(

Myself: fuck you why do you keep getting owned by tourney nerves and going 0-2 every fucking time grow some balls man.

Dio Brando: Your hazama looked pretty sick, but you had one heck of a tough bracket. that match of you vs kousaka was awesome.

Sophisticat: long time no see as well. I'm guessing your job keeps you busy and the CS2 changes keep your hype away... Well if anything, look back at how we were a year ago and how we are now. Anything can happen, CS2 hakumen can win. Take the time to come hang out with us if ever you have some free time. And if BB isn't fun enough, there will always be GG.

Emmanuel: Yo we would really appreciate to have you rep that Carl at meetups. Check out our thread, it's always great to find new players in montreal.

Freezerburn: Repping that ottawa, hope the scene will grow like ours. I'll let you know when we'll do other monthly tournaments and stuff like that. Hope you enjoyed la banquise if you ended up going, if not, then that's another reason to return to montreal!

Charles Brodeur: I didn't meet you either, you're the only guy I can't remember who he played at the tournament :psyduck:. If you're from montreal, check our thread, we have meetups regularly, so if you want to get better, come hang out and play with us.

Steb: Daaamn what a weird weekend that was for you. And you even finished 1000th even though there were only 27 entrants. Keep practicing for ECT though, we gotta rep montreal in the States soon :)

Nerdjosh: woah marvel was marvel, hope you enjoyed the little bits of animu fighters you played with us in between. next time we won't ban platinum, I swear. Hope to see you at ECT!

Thelo: Come to meetups if ever you want to play some GG, I'm down as long as there's a stick. I'll mod mine really soon, just waiting on the kitty boards to be TE-S compatible.

Arturo: Thanks for playing arcana heart with us, although I didn't really see much of it because I was cleaning up.

Kazuhiro: woah didn't know we had such a good arcana heart player in montreal. come to our meetups if ever you can, I gotta practice that at least a little before ECT.

zeero: wtf man. srsly. :psyduck: seriously. I'm going to have to blow you up (at bbcs2) if ever we meet.

nini: you really missed something big :/ be there next time so we don't lose the 7v7.

we also need you to prove that mtl niggas aren't free.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. lol.

Oh man, such a hype weekend.

Shoutouts to Linear for being my first opponent from Toronto. Your Valk is freakin good, wish we could have played casuals. I watched your set vs K2 and I see what you mean about us playing pretty different Rachels.

Shoutouts to Leo for also having a beast Valk. You were reading me so much, I got really scared lol. Next time I'll try to actually play GG so look forward to that! :)

Shoutouts to Kousaka for kicking ass with Arakune, especially during the 7v7. I honestly thought I had no chance, good thing Arakune is susceptible to zoning... it was an honor to play you, ggs!

Shoutouts to K2 for the 1 wind lvl3 j.2c advice. I was really looking forward to playing you but it seems we didn't have time. Let's make up for it at T12!

Shoutouts to Sapphire for looking like you're high as fuck lol. Let's play some games next time.

Shoutouts to Freezerburn for repping Ottawa. Keep at it man, it's always a pleasure to chill with you.

Shoutouts to the rest of To, come to think of it I didn't play most of you, it's a shame. You guys are all super fun to hang out with, and really great players. Crazy execution too. But it's alright, I'll most probably see you all later this summer!

To my MTL peeps,

Shoutouts to Vice Taicho for wiping the floor with me. Man, je repense encore aux grand finals et la seule raison que je trouve pourquoi j'ai perdu ainsi est que t'es simplement meilleur que moi. GGs et felicitations pour ta 1ere place, j'ai hate de pratiquer plus avec toi! :)

Shoutouts to Brice for giving me a fucking run for my money in losers' finals. C'etait un des moments les plus stressants de ma vie lol. Mais bon, meme si ct pas très convainquant, j'espere que ca seal the deal for Plat!

Shoutouts to Fred for beasting with Jin. Mon set contre toi etait probablement le plus hype du tournoi pour moi, lol. Good job on saving us from a Kousaka OCV.

Shoutouts to Level5 for playing an obnoxious solid Tsubaki. Bien joué dans le 7v7!

Shoutouts to Pedro and Blade for the great organization. You guys got the hang of this! Also, you guys honestly improved a lot since CS1. GGs!

Shoutouts to Kaeru for finally showing me your new and improved Bang. Great matches man, I had a blast.

Shoutouts to to Rameo for being this good at a game you don't play that much. Our matches were super fun as well.

Shoutouts to Rhannmah for the wacky mirror matches. C'est n'importe quoi mais c'est vrm le fun lol.

Shoutouts to Nolan for loving meat. Stay not vegetarian. Your Haku is good, give him time! I'm looking forward to our next matches.

Shoutouts to Air for claiming you wanna money match me but showing up broke. :)

Shoutouts to Steb for concentrating more on Mahvel. You kick ass at BB, just gotta get back into it!

I can't think of anyone else I played a lot. I had a ton of fun, honestly the most I've had at a tourney so far, like Leo! Good thing Tekken was hype too, even though I missed the finals to eat and chill with you guys.

See you all at T12!

I've uploaded at youtube 4 customize movies containing multiple matches of Blazblue Tournament (MTLBlazblue on youtube). You'll see: A lot of work.

I'll be uploading some tomorrow. Don't want to upload too much.

*Note: This is the best part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuisyI8supo&feature=player_profilepage#t=754s

Well, it was a fun week-end. Shoutouts to everyone who participated in the tournaments.

If you have any suggestions on how to make the tournaments better, let me know :)

Stop rigging the brackets :)

Level5Chan can testify that I did not rig anything. He was right next to me when I hit the "Generate Brackets" button.

Heck, next time I'll have everyone look at me generate them.

(And yes, I know you're trolling lol)