Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j1n[kr]

The Midnight Carnival - a Guilty Gear Podcast : Tuesdays at 12 Midnight EST

Whats up everyone. King of F mountain here. Long time no post.

So me, Klaige, and KBnova have decided to do a weekly audio podcast where we talk about competitive Guilty Gear, Fighting games in general, and Tournaments around the nation.

Our Podcast will be called the Midnight Carnival. We will stream every Tuesday at 12 Midnight EST (11pm CST, 9pm PST)

Our First Episode will air Tuesday June 14th 2011

Our first guest will be the player: AKA from St. Louis, MO USA

Tonight we will Stream a test Podcast to work out all the technical issues, feel free to join in!

You can Find my Stream Channel at: http://www.justin.tv/j1ntv

Our general format will go like this:

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Topic 4

Topic 5

Live Questions from the Stream

Closing and Shoutouts

I'm on Twitter as @Koreaj1n

Any feedback is always welcome, as always we're trying to do some community building. Lets bring Guilty Gear back with a ROAR LIKE A LION, and not an emo whimper. The best way for us as fans and players to get them to make a new GG game is to bring GG back to the way it was when it outnumbered every Capcom Tournament back in the early 2000's.

Slash!

sweet. id love to go on there sometime with you guys but if its at midnight on a weekday then for me thats like 1 pm on a weekday so ill be in the middle of work. Ill make sure to listen to the recordings though

well maybe if you got on we could do an exception day and record earlier like on a weekend or something, tuesday just works the best for me kenji and travis.

Tonights Episode can be found Here: http://j1n.org/GG/GuiltyPodcastEpisode0.mp3 It replaces Episode 0, cause it still was a Test Episode after all.

Episode 1 is next week with the player AKA from ST. Louis.

So tonight we'll have our first official episode, Our guest will be AKA (Aaron Harris) from STL, a Millia/Eddie player. We'll have an actual format tonight

our topic list is:

1- Introduction, who we are, why GG is important to us

2- Favorite Tournament Experience/Memory

3- Why GG players don't like BB

4- What you'd like to see in a new GG

5- AKA's most recent GG match vs Elvenshadow, and the Millia vs Faust matchup

and then we'll take live user questions after that.

Also I will be giving away a PSN code for a free copy of Galaxy Fight from the PSN Import Store (North America Only) to one lucky live stream viewer.

Thanks to Monkey Paw Games for the code.

We'll be live at 12 Midnight EST / 11pm CST / 9pm PST on my channel: http://www.justin.tv/j1ntv

I work every night you do these, but best believe as soon as I get off and go home I"m gonna be listning to the recording, that topic #3 for tonight is one I definetly want to hear, I wish we could hear that same one, but for why Capcom fanboys don't like GG/BB, personally I'm a fan of both series, GG paved the way for me to start playing all these other fighters.

The MP3 is up here now: http://j1n.org/GG/GuiltyPodcastEpisode1.mp3

congrats to Zinac on winning the free game,

sorry about some mic-feedback, still working out all the technical kinks, I know the audio was probably better last time.

Also, sorry for those who can't get justin.tv to load, I'm not sure whats going on, maybe type the link in directly justin.tv/j1ntv

Anway we'll be back next week woohoo!

I caught most of yesterdays episode. I didn't know that American GG tourney's had their roots in anime conventions. AKA's discussion of Millia's strengths and weaknesses was very clear and well explained, as was his play by play discussion of what was going on and why, during the AKA vs Elvenshadow FF3 match. I'll pass this on to Ril and Lord Pang Tong (Who both play Millia).

Actually I'm going to recommend this podcast to everyone in the NE GG scene.

Great Podcast Guys!:thumbu:

edit: j1n thanks for the download link.

;1053598']The MP3 is up here now: http://j1n.org/GG/GuiltyPodcastEpisode1.mp3

congrats to Zinac on winning the free game,

sorry about some mic-feedback, still working out all the technical kinks, I know the audio was probably better last time.

Also, sorry for those who can't get justin.tv to load, I'm not sure whats going on, maybe type the link in directly justin.tv/j1ntv

Anway we'll be back next week woohoo!

I dunno, dude, is there a limit to the number of people you're allowed to have in the chat or something? I kept trying to reload and eventually it worked after it was over and people left. Also, remind people that when this happens they can still listen on the facebook link.

I caught most of yesterdays episode. I didn't know that American GG tourney's had their roots in anime conventions. AKA's discussion of Millia's strengths and weaknesses was very clear and well explained, as was his play by play discussion of what was going on and why, during the AKA vs Elvenshadow FF3 match. I'll pass this on to Ril and Lord Pang Tong (Who both play Millia).

Actually I'm going to recommend this podcast to everyone in the NE GG scene.

Great Podcast Guys!:thumbu:

edit: j1n thanks for the download link.

Thanks Vyers, hope each week with new guest players they can help give advice about their own characters/experience to help more people that just started or even veteran players to shed some new light.

Huge shoutouts to everyone who listened live and to those of you who are taking the time to check it out after the mp3 is up if you aren't available on tues nights. We're having a good time doing this and we hope it's something to help not just put some life into the GG community in the states again, but to get everyone excited for when the series makes a return to the forefront of tournament fighting games with a new release.

Your comments, suggestions, and ideas are always welcome. The audience is what will make this thing go, we're just the medium to deliver hopefully a lot of good information and some fun and laughs along the way.

Good stuff. I dug all the stories you guys were telling in episode 0, it's cool for those of us who weren't there to be "let in" on some of that. Anyway, looking forward to checking out episode 1. Keep it up guys!

So Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12am EST / 11pm CST / 9pm PST we're going to have Latiff, an Eddie player, who recently took 2nd at Revelations GG, I'll be giving away another key for Galaxy Fight for PSN to our live listeners. We'll be talking about GG at Evo, Current Events/Hot Topics about Guilty Gear, Latiff's match vs Satoshi at Revelations, The Eddie Character Gameplay, and more!

These are great. They make me miss C-god's basement though :(

EDIT oh man solbadguyz... good shit kenji. i was so happy to eliminate him @ cgod's haha.

when he brought his own intro music with his boombox :8/:

j1n[kr], Klaige, and KBnova, just wanted to drop in and say that this show is absolutely great! Laden with technical difficulties as it is (which I'm sure will get ironed out the longer this goes on), this has to be my single favorite fighting game podcast on the net right now. I'm just a nameless scrub, but for what it's worth, you guys single-handedly convinced me to go pick my copy of Accent Core up again. I'm personally hoping for some more stories of yore since I came in relatively late to the Guilty Gear scene and would definitely like to know what I missed. I don't know if you guys take topic suggestions, but a topic I would love to see addressed is what happened to Guilty Gear being present at EVO. Apologies in advance if it's been beaten to death already, but it's a topic I know nothing about and could never find anything about. Regardless, I can't wait to see what you guys bring out in the future and thanks a million for doing this podcast!

Thank you for listening to the podcast and glad you are finding interest in AC again (GG as a whole) since it's still a great game. I wish for this show to get people back into the game and will be bringing more guests with different character mains so they can go really in depth with them. Thanks for the nice comments and hope to see you guys tonight on the stream. :)