Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j1n[kr]

The Midnight Carnival - a Guilty Gear Podcast : Tuesdays at 12 Midnight EST

so this week we'll be airing Wednesday 9pm PST/11CST/12 midnight instead of Tuesday since our guests can't make Tuesday.

Our guests this week are Ky-sama and sol-bumguy the two women who setup and ran the Guilty Gear Tournament at Evo please tune in!

Hell yeah, looking forward to it! Such a shame I can't listen in live (would be 6AM for me, lol)

Hey j1n and everyone else, I wanted to put up my question here in case I couldn't make it live tonight again. I want to know what you guys and your guests, Ky-sama and sol-bumguy, think about tournament organizers participating in their own events. Sometimes I see tournament organizers participating in the events they run and other times I don't. Is there some kind of code of ethics that tournament organizers tend to follow? For instance, is there some unspoken rule where tournament organizers aren't allowed to enter their own tournament if it's for a major or something? Thanks in advance for reading and I can't wait to listen to the show (hopefully live!).

no problem we will answer your question

sorry we weren't on Tuesday our normal time Heidren! we will be on tonight! Look forward to it!

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Ikagki-chan, I dont know their reasons for it but as far as general rules or whatever, its totally fine to play in a tournament that you are running. I always enter the GG tournaments where I run brackets like at Frosty Faustings and other past Chicago majors that I have ran the brackets for. The only real down side to it is that things can slow down slightly when you are playing your match cuz you cant call new ones but if you have someone to help you out or if you call lots of matches on deck before you play, things will continue to run smoothly for the few minutes you are playing your match.

My apologies to both Ky-Sama and Sol-bumguy for not making it to this podcast. I've been in the midst of a family crisis this week and my schedule has been a tire-fire since monday morning. Thank you very much to the two of you for coming on and I hope you enjoyed being guests on the podcast.

;1113414']no problem we will answer your question

sorry we weren't on Tuesday our normal time Heidren! we will be on tonight! Look forward to it!

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Ikagki-chan, I dont know their reasons for it but as far as general rules or whatever, its totally fine to play in a tournament that you are running. I always enter the GG tournaments where I run brackets like at Frosty Faustings and other past Chicago majors that I have ran the brackets for. The only real down side to it is that things can slow down slightly when you are playing your match cuz you cant call new ones but if you have someone to help you out or if you call lots of matches on deck before you play, things will continue to run smoothly for the few minutes you are playing your match.

Thanks to both of you guys for answering my question! That's some really good insight. :yaaay:

Sup guys; I hate to double post, but I've got another set of questions I want to ask you guys and your next guest. Hopefully you guys are able to take it.

- Obviously, the location tests for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend has been going on and people have been finding out a lot of stuff from these location tests. Something that I've been really wondering for a while about Arc System Works games and other games in that style (what would you call that style anyway?) is how do people figure out the combos they do? Using BlazBlue as an example, even a character who is considered fairly basic to learn, Ragna, has some really strange combos (Dead Spike loops) that make you think "Who would have figured this out?" Taking this to Guilty Gear, there's quite a few characters who seem to me you need to make up a combo on the fly (Faust and Millia come to mind). What kind of process do you guys go through as experienced Guilty Gear players when caught in a situation where you need to improv a combo or want to style with a combo you think works, but haven't tested before? I think I may have worded the question poorly, but I hope the point gets across anyway.

- In the most recent podcast with Ky-sama and Sol-bumguy, I noticed Kenji (I think) went on a small tangent about Steve Harrison's MAS Stick (those things are super manly I would like to add) and I know Latif gave shoutouts to his Arcade-in-a-Box stick in another interview he had. I'm a huge arcade stick hardware nerd myself, so I just wanted to ask you guys and your guest a few short questions about your fighting game hardware.

1) What was the first input device you guys played fighting games seriously on?

2) What input device do you all play on most right now?

That's all I've got. Stay awesome guys! I can't wait to tune in on Tuesday! :yaaay:

My apologies to both Ky-Sama and Sol-bumguy for not making it to this podcast. I've been in the midst of a family crisis this week and my schedule has been a tire-fire since monday morning. Thank you very much to the two of you for coming on and I hope you enjoyed being guests on the podcast.

It is all right, things happen, and I truly hope that you and your family are doing better now <3

Late reply, but thanks for having us on the podcast; VERY sorry about the mic troubles and extreme nervousness-- it was our FIRST TIME being interviewed and using a mic (we actually bought the mic SOLELY for the podcast, so I suppose we should sell it or something now). Again, so sorry about speaking too quietly, mic trouble, etc.... IMHO, I wonder why our voices did not sound like IRL? Was it because of the mic's quality and me being/speaking behind Ky-Sama?

Thank you guys for doing this for GG-- IMO, GG will only "die" if/when we allow it to^_^ Long live GG.

Just wanted to drop in as always and say last night's show was too godlike! I managed to catch the recording on j1n's channel. Alcohol was one of the best guests yet. :toot:

Thanks for answering my questions as always everyone. I know I ask a lot of them, but I'm really glad you guys are able to let out all this knowledge.

Also, thanks for the shoutouts as well, but sorry to say, I'm not making me any moolah when I miss your shows. I just have boring old college classes getting in my way. Gotta get that diploma, right? :eng101:

Keep up the good work everyone! Can't wait for next week's episode.

no midnight carnival tonight? awwwww..... :(

did i miss something saying there wouldn't be one tonight? oh well.

ok then more sleep for me this week

Sorry no Podcast tonight, we've all been busy with real life stuff, and also Deus Ex ! It's kinda dead in the fighting game world so not too much to talk about. We might do a lesson Podcast next or something.

Here is last week's podcast I am sorry I didn't upload it earlier, http://j1n.org/GG/GuiltyPodcastEpisode10.mp3

Also here is something for fun:

This is how I play Deus Ex, on hard. Welcome to the party!

http://www.j1n.org/images/DeusEx1.jpg

Lesson podcast sounds very good! I'd love to see a "YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT TO MY BUTTANZ?!? How to play Eddie" podcast! :vbang:

Only found 2 button views for Eddie's stuff, which were helpful, but I'd love to see more stuff like that. Also, Eddie is not in the video tutorial thread and he's pretty tough to figure out, imo :psyduck:

These characters might be interesting to do tutorials on (in order):

- Eddie

- ABA

- Johnny

- Dizzy

- Potemkin

- I-no

- Faust

- Zappa

The rest of the cast is pretty straight forward, imo. I think we have plenty of people that can explain Eddie's complex crap. Mahora could tackle ABA a bit deeper, perhaps, but the previous podcast was pretty cool. Johnny, Dizzy, Potemkin and I-no all have their own knack to their play. Then we have Elvenshadow who could drop some science on Faust, I think. Zappa is pretty straight forward, but it might be interesting to go in-depth.

Nice initiative!

Yea again our apologies for no podcast last night guys. We want to do this every week, but there's just times where we are busy, or as J1n said, when there's just nothing interesting to talk about. We'd rather skip a week and gather solid material/guests then just halfass a show just to maintain the weekly deadline. TGS is coming up very soon and we have some ideas for down the road so stick with us until then. We really appreciate all the support.

Is the mp3 of episode 10 working for you guys? My player keeps saying the file is damaged or whatever. Won't work on my pc or mp3 player. Yes, I have re-downloaded a couple of times.

Is the mp3 of episode 10 working for you guys? My player keeps saying the file is damaged or whatever. Won't work on my pc or mp3 player. Yes, I have re-downloaded a couple of times.

Ya, same