Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j1n[kr]

The Midnight Carnival - a Guilty Gear Podcast : Tuesdays at 12 Midnight EST

Only found 2 button views for Eddie's stuff, which were helpful, but I'd love to see more stuff like that.

I'm guessing you are referring to my vids.

Well no one contacted me and asked for more so I stopped after making 2.

Oh shit! Didn't see they were yours! Now it makes sense :p

Those vids are really helpful, because it shows all the timing for button holding and releases, where I can visually copy it, whereas with text combo descriptions, it's kind of hard to get it right.

Love the new channel as well, good shit Novril! Most stuff on there is from different games, so I didn't realize you were into GGAC still. The commentary on the Eddie vs Millia vid was pretty funny, but I guess stuff like that could be interesting for the podcast. Just commentate some of the gods for each character.

Concerning Eddie, aside from just execution, I guess a lot of it comes down to flow as well. It's probably hard to grasp, just from text. How much time would you guys say is required to get decent with Eddie (as in, basic level)?

Something like Running Sets might also be cool, where people discuss the match while playing :D

Oh shit! Didn't see they were yours! Now it makes sense :p

Those vids are really helpful, because it shows all the timing for button holding and releases, where I can visually copy it, whereas with text combo descriptions, it's kind of hard to get it right.

Love the new channel as well, good shit Novril! Most stuff on there is from different games, so I didn't realize you were into GGAC still. The commentary on the Eddie vs Millia vid was pretty funny, but I guess stuff like that could be interesting for the podcast. Just commentate some of the gods for each character.

Concerning Eddie, aside from just execution, I guess a lot of it comes down to flow as well. It's probably hard to grasp, just from text. How much time would you guys say is required to get decent with Eddie (as in, basic level)?

Something like Running Sets might also be cool, where people discuss the match while playing :D

Ask me these somewhere else. On YT or something. This thread is about J1n fixing the mp3 of EP. 10.

Ah dammit Episode 10 is broken?

Let me fix that when I have some time !

Sorry we didn't podcast this week either, not much to talk about

I won't be able to Podcast next week either.

Topic ideas:

-Fryght's tutorial idea

-In-depth discussion of game mechanics(1FJ, slashback, frc/rc, etc.)

-Specific character popularity in the u.s. and japan

-Video review of the jonio cup

-GG story discussion(lol)

We've definitely got some plans for future episodes. Right now we've all just been busy, (j1n is super busy with job and real life shit at the moment), We'll definitely get back at it when the time is right. We still have more characters we want to break down and have guests (in the case for Anji, Kenji and I can handle that one of course).

So yea, we aren't dead or giving up the show, it's just been an unfortunate combination of real life stuff, schedule conflicts, and just the fact that right now is kind of a dead zone for fighting games. Stick with us and we'll keep you updated next time were going to get an episode recorded.

Wanted to say thanks to you guys for putting this podcast together. Been listening to the mp3s at work for the last couple of days...really interesting discussions, insightful character analysis, and a nice share of hilarious tomfoolery *laughs* . Been trying to learn GG again (I used to play back before #R, dropped out of fighting games for a long time, started to get back into the genre again recently), so it's cool to see/hear some of the stuff that's happened with GG during my time away from the scene.

Yea we are kind of hiatus right now guys. We will be back, don't worry. It's just deadzone time for fighters, and j1n has been super busy. We'll keep you guys up to date.

I should have fixed episode 10 I hope.

If not let me know. Mp3 plays for me T_T

anyway, We'll be back, I'm just mega busy right now IRL! :(

Yep like J1n said we will be back guys. He's in the middle of moving, but once that is settled, look for us to start up again during the holiday season!

I think Kenji is in a Tekken Tag coma. AC net play will probably wake him up.

I'm from Southwest Missouri and since the announcement of guilty gear coming to xbl and psn I just now started coming back to these forums. Being from the midwest and all and after listening to the podcast, I asked to join that midwest guilty gear alliance on facebook :)

I didn't ever play it hardcore cause I was just getting into fighting games back then but my execution is 3x better now and I'm gonna go hard in the paint when this is re-released.

;1175497']yep im moving to Boston,

then we will be back!

Now will be a good time...

We're gonna try and do one Tomorrow (WED 5/30) at Midnight EST. I gotta remember how to do one again, but should be fine! Big topic to talk about! Should be at the same place www.justin.tv/j1ntv

Trying to get the old gang back together so that's why this one won't be today on a Tuesday like before.

Looking for a Guest also!

We'll try to figure out a regular plan of shows again too.

When it's on Xbox Live, I will prob get a new PC and hook up streaming matches every show with commentary, but thats a ways off.

Anyway!

peace!

get at me then chase magic lets do this tonight. I think I will also be streaming me fail on Inferno in Diablo 3 while we talk about new GG news so peeps have something to watch.

Oh yeah I'm not really advertising this much since I don't have the time these days to hype the show up, so if someone would like to do that kinda stuff that'd be super cool!