Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Chipp

chipp 2D beats anji 2D all day long because it goes over it, so don't try to out poke him with 2D in most situations

his jump in jH is difficult to beat, much like Sol's jump in jH. 6K autoguard, air throw, or try to evade

New stuff: -Chipp's strings are pretty predictable and easy to react to...so it's relatively easy to land an autoguard -watch out for cross-ups,it's the main oki choice for Chipp -teleports may be tricky,however,you CAN react to them in terms of blocking...and you can reverse the momentum once you anticipate a teleport and guess right -once you catch Chipp,don't be afraid to let go a little to bait out a DP or burst,those are the "oh shit" buttons he has and it will be frustrating if you hardly caught him in the first place -jS is a good "retreating" option -zoning with 6S is a good idea,but make sure you aren't too predictable with it -shitsu zoning should be limited as it hardly reaps benefits when he can just teleport -6P loses against most of Chipp's air to ground moves (even if it's IAD),5P seem to be fairly reliable if angled properly -make sure Chipp stays on the ground as often as possible,and try to enter from the ground as well since Chipp has good AA against Anji

Well,I'd say you balance it out a little,so it limits his thinking time and preparation to get in.You don't want to overturtle as he'll eventually figure out what type of approach to break your defenses with.However,I do encourage you to be as aggressive as possible since Chipp has paper-thin defenses.Risk when there is a possible reward,but don't be foolish when he has punished the same thing twice.You may not exactly catch a Chipp too often though,but it's not a bad idea to try at times. Stay in the air as often as possible,seeing as how jK stuffs a lot of Chipp's aerials.When you anticipate an air teleport,the best possible outcome is you air throwing him (and it's not as hard as you think it is).

I try to switch between offense and defense. I usually fail in this kind of match up. Chipp likes aerial teleports a lot. I think. They can get a decent game flow going if they force you to block. Like Dawn said though, strings can get predictable. Don't let Chipp's speed be intimidating. If you feel pressured and try to mindlessly chase Chipp around, you can just fold the match then. By the way, anyone know what moves can stuff his exactly? Or autoguarding propers? 6K guards Alpha Blade yeah? I think i got lucky with it once. Otherwise I block. If there's no H follow-up I jump with 8/9/7S/K. What's a good counter to his 41236K (invisible headleaf throw) and 41236H? All I can do for the command throw is jump. The other is just weird I think.

What's a good counter to his 41236K (invisible headleaf throw) and 41236H? All I can do for the command throw is jump. The other is just weird I think.

First one: 5K. It works and looks funny as hell. If this doesn't work, you could always try the less funny but more practical 5S.

Second one: Block, or get a reaction H Fuujin. Only problem with Fuujin here is you can only really do it at the maximum range of the attack, otherwise you get caught.

The safest thing to do to the leafthrow I think is just to superjump forward on reaction. The mixup between the grab and the forcebreak is too dangerous to try and poke, and chipp gets hella damage if he lands either one.

I always check how much tension Chipp has. I'm learning to do that a little more after a few rounds practicing on a computer. I've found 5H works like a charm. Seems to work for me anyways. But, 5K works well too. Faster than 5H definitely.

5H is a rapefest against chipp. He has way too many good reaching lows that will destroy it, the lack of autoguard means any teleport mixup beats it too. Honestly I would stow this move away against chipp if your opponent has any idea of what the hell they are doing. 5h is asking for chipp to put you into his okizeme game that leaves you in a very very poor position.

If Chipp doesn't have bar during leafthrow then just jump and air throw him out of it then net free SJ install combo for tons of damage or On if you want to try to start your own pressure. I wouldn't say I'd rely too much on pressure in this fight, imo Chipp has too many ways to get out of butterfly set ups so I'd prefer to take the SJ install combo off air throw. You may also be able to time it to see if he isn't going to use the FB on leafthrow (if I remember right, he has to do it fairly early) then just air throw him anyways. That thing takes forever so.... Why doesn't anybody post in the Anji thread anymore? :(

Why doesn't anybody post in the Anji thread anymore? :(

Blazblue happened.

Remember to talk to your kids about Blazblue, otherwise it may happen to them too.

The safest thing to do to the leafthrow I think is just to superjump forward on reaction. The mixup between the grab and the forcebreak is too dangerous to try and poke, and chipp gets hella damage if he lands either one.

Is this strat still possible in +R? I know it's been a long time from this post til now but jeezus Chipp is freaking annoying. A guy at my local scene uses him and wow I have no idea how to combat this character in +R at all, especially Genrozan (although alot of the earlier strats discussed here are very helpful).

Leaf throw used to be horrible in AC, as pretty much everyone could just jab him out of the air on reaction for free CH. Imagine how it went for Anji and his monster AA 5P convert. AC+R gave it invincibility, now this move is actually fairly strong.

Obviously the secret is to just use TK Orb on reaction to the Leaf Throw, thus avoiding the grab and maybe even getting a solid CH out of it.

Obviously.

(No, I don't have that kind of reaction time either)

Obviously the secret is to just use TK Orb on reaction to the Leaf Throw, thus avoiding the grab and maybe even getting a solid CH out of it.

TK Orb will lose to Genrouzan FB-followup. I think 3K can be pretty low to duck under it. Also, one can try 623HS FRC Airthrow (though, Anji could be too high after the FRC).

Sign in to follow this