Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

LK's GAMEPLAY RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY CS2 thread

zidane defending dacid, must be an eclipse outside or something

There was a lunar eclipse here last night. Does that count?

Guys don't digress too much, otherwise SJ might get mad and lock this thread or something.

LK, how come Litchi's The Four Winds (the one where her staff spins alot with Akuma kanji on it and goes in a certain trajectory) isn't used too much? I thought the fact that it covers up character sprites behind it would allow you to do ambiguous hidden mix-up (like when Rachel does lvl 4 Tempest Dahlia) would make it see much more use in matches.

She doesn't use it much because she has Daisharin, for the most part.

Shishin has some situational usage. It's good to retrieve the staff quickly, and it has counter hit carry, so you can combo off it.

It was the staple of her mixup in CT though.

Dear Lord Knight,

Where's the princess? (I'm curious what your avatar is all about)

I've seen people talk about TRM set-ups, but I've never seen a set-up explained properly. How does a TRM set-up work and what are some examples of such set-ups? I'd also like to ask if it only works on OS Barrier Tech users, as I can't imagine how these set-ups will work on people who only tech throws on reaction.

Edited by Fluck

LK, how do I deal with people hating on top tier?

Tell them there's a character select screen, and that it's called that for a reason.

Dear Lord Knight,

Where's the princess? (I'm curious what your avatar is all about)

I've seen people talk about TRM set-ups, but I've never seen a set-up explained properly. How does a TRM set-up work and what are some examples of such set-ups? I'd also like to ask if it only works on OS Barrier Tech users, as I can't imagine how these set-ups will work on people who only tech throws on reaction.

I can explain that, the trick with a Throw reject miss set up is to look like you're going to throw them and instead, do something silly like 5A... and then throw them. They react to your apparent throw attempt with B+C and by the time you really throw them their reject attempt is too late but they're still in a reject miss state. This works even through purple exclaimation marks.

A really obvious one is with lambda:

236A, 5A > B+C

This works because many people see 236A as a really obvious throw setup. Try to mix it up, it's all about not being consistent, in that example, you could add more 5A hits, not do any, or go for some other mixup instead.

"Game's much more balanced save Tager, everyone has a very decent chance against top-tier, lrn2play nub?"

Does that mean i dont have to l2p? :D

anyway to LK.

what's a good way to control your saltiness? cause now-a-days when i play bb using tager i cant stop getting salty when i lose.

Does that mean i dont have to l2p? :D

anyway to LK.

what's a good way to control your saltiness? cause now-a-days when i play bb using tager i cant stop getting salty when i lose.

Well, Tager still has a chance, you still need to l2p.

Nub :D

"Game's much more balanced save Tager, everyone has a very decent chance against top-tier, lrn2play nub?"

Tagers worst match ups come from the A tiers not the S tiers lol.

Hazama is his worst match up then Arakune. fucking bees.

Then the A tiers as in all of them is 4-6.

LK, what would you say are the hardest match-ups with Litchi now? What chars distinctly seem to have an advantage against her now?

LK what do you think is the best motivation for people to improve? How do you lead a community to improve?

I say that because to me it feels like BB in Toronto is dead.

Actually I say that because it feels like we suck and nobody is improving at all, in fact, people are getting worse.

Feels like playing CS1, adapting to your specific character CS2 nerfs, but not taking advantage to the characters buffs and changes to the game system.

It was stupid of Dacid to say/imply Satoshi didn't know the matchup.

No, it wasn't stupid for me to imply he didn't know the matchup, I'm the one that played him and if anyone knew how well he understood the matchup it would be me. At first, he was completely free to all of the new Bang tricks/frame advantages/poison nail dashes/ etc, and by the end of the tournament he was rock solid in the matchup.

Other than that, yeah, you're right. By the way your boy Nerdjosh got bodied by WC Marvel

For LK: What would you say is the 'best' way for Bang to attempt to deny Litchi's 2A 5B 2A pressure? IB Backdash at the right time? That shit was blowing me up real bad.

At first he was completely free huh? You mean after the half-day flight? After the jetlag? While being sick? While getting used to the (scrubby) differences of American and Japanese play?

I've seen Daigo lose rounds/matches to American Chun-Lis. GUESS HE DOESN'T KNOW THE MATCHUP OVER THERE IN JAPAN. By the end of the tournament he figured out YOUR gimmicks, he didn't learn the Bang matchup for the first time. Goddamn. It's actually painful that you believe something like that.

For LK: Can you fucking believe Dacid posted that? Jesus Christ.

Look dude I'm not some day 1 scrub that can't even tell when a matchup hasn't been fleshed out. You're the internet theory fighter here, not me. I fucking played him, sit down.

You sure post like a day 1 scrub. "Well, you see, because Satoshi could not figure out my new Bang gimmicks that I figured out in training mode that worked once and cost him a round, he is not up to date on the new Bang matchup. Forgetting the fact that he embarrassed and raped me with better fundamentals and stronger play, he could really use some work against my super-charged Bang and the matchup overall."

I played MIU ( whoops, I confused asian people ) at Evo in GG Slash. I took MATCHES off him ( you know, more than a round ). I guess he didn't know the Anji matchup, even though Anji was one of the best chars in the game and played a lot? I mean, I took MATCHES. He musta never fought an Anji before.

Edited by Zidane

It's not a secret that he outplayed me, and I give him more credit than "I was doing so good" when I used poison nail dash and bodied his anti air 5 times in a row in pre-tournament casuals, among other things.

Seriously, why are you even allowed to post here, your shit is so stupid I can't even believe it.

i love dustloop

Dustloop is at its best after every WC/EC major.