Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Dizzy

Match rating: 5.5-4.5 Dizzy's favour. This matchup is all about chasing and then defending whenever dizzy has her stuff out.HS fuujin isn't effective here as most of her projectiles allow her to be safe from it,so you're gonna have to approach another way. When chasing Dizzy,you have 2 options.Either dash and throw out a 6S (and autoguard her 421S projectile),or superjump/IAD in with jK.However,if she has a bubble out,you're far better off just turtling,or if you're a daredevil,go for the 6k autoguard.Just remember that dizzy is weak when she doesn't have her projectiles covering for her. Dizzy is very susceptible to shitsu pressure as she is not able to do anything once you have it going (other than DAA/overdrive).So you can capitalize there once you score your knockdown.Her lack of reversals makes Anji's shitsu pressure shine. But this match isn't just about chasing,it's about defending too.There are many situations in the match where Anji has to block just because Dizzy has a projectile out (sometimes two).Dizzy has a good pressure going once she sets her stuff up,and it's not to be taken lightly as it could cost you up to half of your hp.Try to find a hole in a repetitive string,or surprise Dizzy with a daring autoguard.Just keep your eyes open...

I would think Dizzy has a slight edge because she usually initiates her crap first.Though Anji can live through the stuff,she can reset with a little less effort since she can jump around a lot and still throw out a projectile(bubble or high arc axe beats your jump ins since you go back on the defensive). 6P is quite risky...especially if she back airdash and pop it.You might as well autoguard it.The only place you would want to use a 6P,is against a Dizzy who IADs in on you without projectile cover,just because 6P owns that for free.

wouldn't it be the reverse? shouldn't you have a slight advantage at match start when she doesn't have any shit out yet? edit: I want to make it clear that I'm not saying anji has advantage in this matchup, just that at match start I think he has advantage. I also think he has advantage at match start on Sol, but that doesn't mean the matchup is Anji's advantage

I just played a couple rounds with a good dizzy in my area, and I can NOT stress enough how good scoring a KD is in this match. Try going for silly tick throws if it'll allow you to get an FB Butterfly out, and the match is practically yours. Every time I lost was because I got my momentum thrown off because the Dizzy escaped all my throws+knockdowns. Also, Dizzy has a GIGANTIC aerial hitbox, so sj combos are amazing, too.

I just played a couple rounds with a good dizzy in my area, and I can NOT stress enough how good scoring a KD is in this match. Try going for silly tick throws if it'll allow you to get an FB Butterfly out, and the match is practically yours. Every time I lost was because I got my momentum thrown off because the Dizzy escaped all my throws+knockdowns. Also, Dizzy has a GIGANTIC aerial hitbox, so sj combos are amazing, too.

all lies:keke:

Dizzy has one good reversal that you have to wacth out for

Its called "OMG Seizure"

All kidding aside thougth, Dizzy withouth 50% tension has no answer to Oki pressure, she can alway's try to 1-Frame jump. A good Anji will be aware of his opponents options and be ready to air-trow her out of her jump. On neutral though its a little more dangerous for Anji because altougth he can try to to auto-guard her fish, she can always expect it and hit him out of hit because he can't auto guard both hits at the same time. He can alway's use his good SJ to avoid some of her summons, be chossy thougth because she can adjust herself to avoid Anji on the way down.

Sign in to follow this