Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoctaMario

Guilty Gear X tier lists?

I just started playing GGX again for shits and giggles and I've been having no luck finding a tierlist for this game. I'm kinda curious as to how it stacks up. If anyone has a link, I'd much appreciate it!

I wish there was a GG: The Missing Link tier list....

Also, I seem to recall lots of bitching and moaning about Johnny, Jam, Dizzy, and Testament in the GGX days....also random Potemkin sillyness.

Thanks Hecatom! None of my searches turned up any real results. I appreciate it!

no problem bro

Everyone can use the FD glitch is S+++++++ for me. But I remember Jam was quite high

this 2010 ggx tournament proves that

http://www.gamechariot.com/11movie_GGX.html

if i had to tier it i would say S everyone except axl, A+ Axl, he cant really make nasty combos, but he has a fucking great range, good damage output from single hits, and once he is on yellow bar health he can keep you away or rush you if he likes pretty nice

Also, I seem to recall lots of bitching and moaning about Johnny, Jam, Dizzy, and Testament in the GGX days....also random Potemkin sillyness.

GG missing link tier list: Everyone SSSSSSSS++++++

Infinite tens-..i mean, chaos bar: got

free killing, mostly unaescapable killing move: got

broken game: got

Millia and Johnny were definitely top 2 characters. Millia oki was retarded, especially with X OTG system where multi-hit OTGs could not be teched, this gave you free perfect setup for disc oki every time. This same OTG system is what made Johnny top thanks to Mist Trap (OTG with coin, dash up and continue OTG combo, cancel to Bacchus Sigh, meaty 2HS -> untechable level 2 Mist Finer, throw coin to OTG and repeat). With no Burst system, getting touched once by Johnny basically meant you lost.

Dizzy was top thanks to huge damage from FCD combos. FCD glitch meant everyone had an infinite, pretty much. I remember Baiken being dominant at one of the first national GGX tournaments, j.HS rocking people. Otherwise, it was basically Millia/Johnny/Dizzy. Honorable mention to Jam for being able to dizzy you off of random ground hit thanks to her FCD infinite. I remember Venom and Zato/Eddie being very good as well.

With no Burst system, getting touched once by Johnny basically meant you lost.

The lack of Burst definitely makes things that would have been escapable in XX and beyond a much bigger deal. Sol seems to have a lot of really safe moves I've noticed, ones that can lead to borderline TOD combos. :P

Sol is decent in GGX, he also has pseudo-useful FCD infinite. While everyone had an FCD infinite for the most part, most of them were way too hard to be practical, IMO. Jam is one of the only characters that you will see go for the infinite, Dizzy uses FC a lot in combos but it's more just to tack on damage with multiple heavy attacks. FCD is used more for pressure by most characters, it's basically a free RC for normals that can cancel to sweep.

To add about Millia, not only was her oki dumb, but she had dumb damage too because of the OTG system as you mentioned. TK badmoon into otg 6p > 2h confirmed into a lot of damage and puts you back into the same 50/50 mixup. 236H had a faster startup back then as well.

FDC: faultless defense cancel

Any ground move that can gatling into 2.d (2S+H), cancel your 2d (before it comes out) with a FD block (4S+H).

Example: Dizzy can gatlink 2HS into 2S+H. SHe do FD before 2S+H hit.

Millia was without a doubt the best character in the game. Anytime she won oki or landing a move (2K especially) she got FCD H for free. I don't remember the year, but a player named FU had his team bail/not show or whatever at nationals, and he was a lone Millia player. He made it pretty damn far in the 3x3 by himself. Top 8, maybe?

Johnny, Jam, and Dizzy I'd also put up in S-tier, and they were definitely the most prevalent characters used at Nationals. While Millia's and Jam's FCDs were instant round winners, they were, by their nature, unreliable so most people had a pocket Johnny with Mist Trap as their back-up since there was almost no execution requirement. It wasn't perfect, though, and there were ways out of it and had to be set up. Dizzy just did a shitload of damage with her double/triple hammer combo, but she had a relatively weak zoning and rush game.

Other notable chars (A-tiers, in my memory and opinion) were May (her Iron May loop was dead easy and did like 60-70%), Potemkin (his Aegis-like super hit OTG, still did full stun damage, and floated for good set-ups and damage), Zato-1 (he had a blockstring into STRONG mix-up that guaranteed dizzy into IK), and Baiken (her oki trap game was damn good and she could escape block strings and mist trap).

Without getting too granular, I'd say mid-tier I'd say was Chipp (had and FCD block-stun infinite to max out guard gauge), Anji (butterfly trap and FCD S), Venom (FCD gave him an great set-up game with the ball formations), Sol (excellent damage and FCD 2H was okay).

Axl, Faust, Ky, and Test were garbage. Nothing exceptional and none of them benefited from FCD.

This is more a technical question, but has anyone been able to gauge how powerful characters are in GG Generations for AC or AC+?

That is to say, you had GG Mode and GGX Mode.

GG Mode:

Characters could Charge Tension (H+D), and Charge Cancel, Jump Cancel and Low Airdash anything, Dead Angle, and IK-poke served as either a guard cancel, or you could cancel into it from any normal. Lastly Tension would build in the last quarter bit of your life much faster, instead of infinite like before. I think GG mode also boosted damage for some attacks, but I could be wrong.

Limitations: No Bursting, No Forcebreaks, No RCs, No FRCs, Burst Penalty (Players who pick AC/AC+ character get a Green Burst Icon instead of Blue, which lets Burst regenerate much faster)

Unknown: I don't know if Negative Penalty changed.

GGX Mode:

FDC returns, OTG system returns, Dead Angle still possible, Airdashing is slower and closer to normal as is jump cancel, and Roman Cancel is allowed.

Limitations: No Bursting, No Forcebreaks, No FRCs, vs AC/AC+ characters Burst is Normal, but slight change in Music.

In #R GG mode you can cancel any normal to Burst, now that's shit for DP/Blue Burst baiting. Also all character have IAD infinites (at least vs Po) and since almost all normals are Jump cancelable, some charactes are horribly broken and can achieve 200%+ of their normal combo demage... It's awesome, too bad you can't play GG mode online...

Also GGX mode Johnny - SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS+++++ tier. Repeat Mist-Shit-Coin x N now that's funny. I've also tried to learn some FDC combos but it's pretty hard :(

Would be cool if someone made a GGX Mode Tier List for Accent Core Plus.

Ah, but then there's the GG and AC+ matchups....dang, that'd be too broad, and people are lazy.

At the very least I'd like to "rank" character's strength.

For example:

Sol Badguy

Setting: AC+ Default

What Tier is he (compared to other AC+ chars): ?

How is he overall in this setting? (compared to other characters in various modes EXCEPT GOLD/BLACK): ?

Setting: AC+ EX Mode

What Tier is he (compared to other AC+ EX chars): ?

How is he overall in this setting?: ?

Setting: GG Mode

What Tier is he (compared to other GG Mode chars): ?

Setting: GG Mode EX Mode

What Tier is he (compared to other GG Mode EX chars): ?

Setting: GGX Mode

What Tier is he (compared to other GGX Mode chars): ?

Setting: GGX Mode EX Mode

What Tier is he (compared to other GGX Mode EX chars): ?

And so on and so on...

Tier list is compiled after maaaany play, and by capable people (aka: japanese comunity). Why someone should lose INCREDIBLE amount of time in it? And those modes are made for fun and as an extra (as well as the EX), there will surely be unbalanced and broken shit.

Obv IMHO

This is why I hate lazy short-attention-span arcade players. >_<

Where's the sense of GG Loyalty? TRY THE SHIT OUT, MAKE A RANKING LIST, GET'R'DONE, then we can talk about how GGX Mode compares to GGX theoretically.

Even if it IS broken, we don't know HOW broken because people are too goddamn lazy.

This is why I hate lazy short-attention-span arcade players. >_<

Where's the sense of GG Loyalty? TRY THE SHIT OUT, MAKE A RANKING LIST, GET'R'DONE, then we can talk about how GGX Mode compares to GGX theoretically.

Even if it IS broken, we don't know HOW broken because people are too goddamn lazy.

It's a looong work to do, with many skilled people and countless fight. every aspect of the chara must have be examinated, every combo discovered. You agree it's not an easy task. That's why it's impossible, just that, no intention to do the lazy short-attention-span arcade player lol.

And that's also why current tiers are made by japanese comunity, btw.

Gotta agree there, it'll take too long. Each tier list for I would assume any fighter is not done in a week. Even when they are compiled it's not done just to give back to the community blade but also for future reference. Some people like the developers make use of such info (rebalancing the games/loketests).They aren't going to rebalance and refine the gold/shadow/unlimited forms of characters, because they aren't used for competitive play, but just for fun. So the person/people making such a tier list are burning their time/energy/resources to for a list that no one will use.

While I got respect for you and everything, it's pretty selfish to expect someone to do that. Nominate yourself to doing something like that.

While I would like to do something like that, I don't have the qualifications to judge the character's frame data and info on such a high level as you guys are normally doing (which I have no idea how they do in the first place).

Closest thing I've done is a brief writeup on Unlims in CS and AC+ Survival Mode Gold Chars.

It'd just be easier to hold a GG Generations Tournament or something where players play as GG, GGX or EX characters in AC+.