Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Eddie

Anji is at disadvantage in this matchup mostly cause of raw damage imo. Otherwise pretty fair matchup. my guess is 5.5-4.5 eddie's advantage

zoning/spacing/poking:

look for opportunity, don't be hasty or bad things will probably happen to you. zoning shitsu at far range is helpful. if he leaves shadow vulnerable you may try to kill it with a quick recovery attack like 2K. if it's dead he'll have a lot more trouble keeping you out while it recharges.

pressure:

eddie has trouble against anji's butterfly pressure because he lacks reversals and his DAA is sucky too.

defense:

if you block his 236K shadow blade thing you can block the first hit then autoguard second hit but I warn you it is very difficult to do consistently and if you mess up you will get hit. If you just want to block (usually the safest option) try to block his 6K overhead on reflex, if you can't you'll have to play guessing games. He may also try to command grab you which you can jump to avoid when you predict it. If he's doing too many 6Ks and grabs just jump and you'll get out, he needs to use low moves or mixup falls apart. Fujin during his blockstrings is usually a bad idea. Reversal Fujin is on the other hand, very useful against okizeme unblockables involving the drills.

5A seems to work well as anti air in this match

combos:

- On combos are a bit hard to land, fujin loops are a little on the limited side of things.

- on the plus side you can use 5S5H2D 236S-blah juggles against him in corner for good damage

special combos to ruin eddie's day:

basic no fail combo: 5S5H 236H-D run 5S5H2D236S-S

raw 236H-D > dash 5S5H2D236S-K > KSH

5H 236H-D > dash 5S5H2D236S-K > KSH

2S2D 236S-D > dash 5S5H2D236S-K > KSH

do 5S so it hits him when he's really high up and delay the 2D from the 5H, then the followup shouldn't be a problem

Useful information: Anji can escape ALL of Eddie's unblockables with reversal HS Fuujin(though if he places them just at the edge touching you,that's a true unblockable).YES,EVEN THE PUDDLE.However,I haven't checked if you can 3k into p autoguard for puddle,can someone confirm if it's possible? Remember,there's a super risky autoguard extension that is invincible on startup (or practically invincible) which uses 25% tension.You might want to consider it if you're in trouble and they have no bursts,however,if you're baited,the consequences are severe.

You can't wakeup Fuujin through the puddle. Fuujin's invincibility runs out long before it activates, and since Eddie should be right on top of Anji it's not like Anji's Fuujin can move him out of the way like it can against the (FB) Drill unblockables. I also have my doubts that Fuujin can escape FB drill unblockables perfectly if Eddie is close enough to Anji, but there are other, less risky ways of doing unblockables to beat Fuujin anyway. I have a lot more to say about this matchup actually but I'll do it in the Eddie forum instead. LOL

Well,it's better to try to escape that unblockable BS rather than taking it.It's just a nifty thing I found while using the recording feature.Besides,everyone knows about how broken Eddie is in AC.Give us a break like Arc did in Slash. =/

But if Eddie is anywhere near you during a puddle, there is a 0% chance of you escaping via Fuujin as per the reasons mentioned above.

Your best bet (as usual) is to watch the timing of the shadow placement and try to block correctly. Hell, even 1F low autoguard is a better idea than Fuujin since at least you should have a 1F chance to hit that as opposed to no chance at all. Backdash also usually doesn't work because you'll just end up bd'ing into the puddle again.

The best option is to guard low on your wakeup when puddle is out. Normally you'll guard puddle, and maybe have enough time to stand up to guard the overhead. Unless it's perfect timing this is the best option. If it's true UB then any of that shit will hit you no matter how many times you want to try and fuujin through it. Honestly though, This is one of Anji's best fights in AC. There is no reason you should ever be in a situation where you need to guard these unblockables. Anji can fight eddie in the air, j.K is amazing for Anji in this fight. So active. Anji can escape Eddie's pressure pretty easily, autoguards are great. Honestly you need to play this fight with all the knowledge you've gained from people about Eddie and how he works, and then just play the match-up a lot. After enough practice you'll see that this fight is pretty even comparatively. It's funny how Anji has decent matches against half the top tier cast. Testament and Slayer are complete rape though.

Testament? Why's that? maybe post in testament topic about it so don't get too sidetracked I disagree about being in situations where he can't do puddle unblockable on you though, it's gonna happen sooner or later.

There's a good fight with ドミー vs Shadow. I'm going to make an Anji match thread and post it in there. Edit: Woops! Someone already has it posted.

yeah that's a good one even though it's pretty old not so bad matchup because of anji's aerial manuverabilty and that when you get eddie under pressure you can do whatever you want really I don't think there's anything wrong with putting match vids in the matchup threads though, rather, I think it would be a good idea.

Sign in to follow this