Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

LK's GAMEPLAY RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY cs2

when is a good time to ask people youre playing offline about things in their/your game?

i kept forgetting to ask people that i played offline over stuff cus i was planning to ask when everyone was finished playing

LK, how do you combat tourney nerves? I've only competed in SCR last nov and evo, I did alright both times, but I was extremely disappointed with my performance even still. Is there any mindset that keeps you from being your own worst enemy?

I find myself blanking out on certain strategies and giving my opponent too much credit when the spotlight is on.

I wear my lucky USA shirt, that seems to work for me. As for mindset, just DON'T think that it's a serious match. If you think of it as a casual kinda thing, then there would be no reason to be nervous. (This is what I do as well. But then again, I've never won a tournament LOL)

when is a good time to ask people youre playing offline about things in their/your game?

i kept forgetting to ask people that i played offline over stuff cus i was planning to ask when everyone was finished playing

Ask when the question is on your mind after your match. Don't wait until the meet is over.

what kind of netplay do you recommend for getting better

and what kind of players / connection?

also what part of my game besides everything do you think i should try to improve on, based on the games we played where you raped me? lol

You have a 360 already, so you're in there. I suggest 2 delay and better. 1 delay is all right sometimes, if the connection is stable.

I suggest playing anyone that has a good connection. Don't spend too much time against beginners (you know your skill level already), but give them a couple of games, most of them will just leave anyway. It's good to play everyone because then you won't be surprised by shitty gimmicks or anything. . . there's a lot of tactics that aren't in vids, and even though they aren't good it's good to be aware of them.

From memory, you take way too many risks on wakeup and you move a bit too wildly (as in, there were so many times where you'd land near me and just try to move again, and I'd catch you on landing/when you moved). Minimizing how much random damage you take is really helpful.

How does unblockables work, besides hitting a low and a high at the same time. For example, arakune's set up with 2C and bell bug. 2C is level 4, so leaves you with 18f block stun. During those 18f can you switch to blocking highs? If you can, then true unblockables are only if both attacks hit within the frame? If they are 1 frame apart it should technically be blockable but just difficult right?

Too add to Linear's answer, you can block it if they are 1F apart if you cross your fingers.

LK, on the match with spark, you did something like.. 5aaa or 2aaa at some point to pressure spark..

what's the point of it? =/

-5A is +3.

-With staff, 5A > 2C to prevent mashing/jumpouts, 5A > 4D for overhead, 5A > 3C for low, and can setup throw and throw reject.

-Staffless, 5A > 2A > jC for instant overhead, 5A > 2A > 3C for low (to mixup with instant overhead), 5A > 3C low, 5A > 2B low, 5A > 6A overhead, 5A > 5C to stop mashing/jumpouts. 5A > rising jC kind of sucks because 5A isn't jump cancellable on block, making it relatively easy to block. Again, you can do throw/throw reject stuff with 5A.

It creates a pretty stressful situation for Hakumen.

LK, how do you combat tourney nerves? I've only competed in SCR last nov and evo, I did alright both times, but I was extremely disappointed with my performance even still. Is there any mindset that keeps you from being your own worst enemy?

I find myself blanking out on certain strategies and giving my opponent too much credit when the spotlight is on.

To be honest, I still get nervous. But it's a feeling I recognize, so it doesn't bother me. Most of the time I get really nervous for one set, and then the feeling (it's like an intense tightness/tension) goes away. You have to see how it affects you personally. Some people say they don't get nervous but I feel like that's bullshit.

While you're playing.

How should jin play the litchi matchup, I feel that I really don't know how I should play against her as jin.

Well, there's no better place to post a video of LK but in LK's thread. For those who haven't seen it, I got a nice interview with LK at EVO. Quite interesting if you want to hear his view points on BlazBlue or fighting games in general. Since it has a few BBCS2 Gameplay Related Questions, I don't think it's in violation of the thread so I'll drop it off here.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Edited by Shinsyn

LK,

How would you rank the BB characters in order from best to worst [can be in tiers] regarding oki stuff?

What do you think was the worst nerf that Litchi got from CS1 to CS2?

LK how do you feel about CSX looking at the current changes? I dunno why it feels like their making a lot of people weaker by taking away strong, yet not dominant tools away from them. I personally thought CS2 was pretty good balance wise besides Tager.

LK What's the plan to get the crowds to chant *your* name instead next year?

Also - WTF ground chun - what should I know and where are we going with this?

I think I'm going to take my favorite one or two questions of the week and include it in my Vlog - just a heads up!

wow nigga. you really put your collar up for that interview.

I want your babies.

$NJ$

LK,

How would you rank the BB characters in order from best to worst [can be in tiers] regarding oki stuff?

What do you think was the worst nerf that Litchi got from CS1 to CS2?

Everyone has pretty solid oki but if I had to rank it, it would probably be Litchi > Makoto > the rest of cast

Everyone's oki is good, but no one has one single move that has the versatility of Daisharin. Orb comes close.

I'm pretty sure loss of Itsuu special cancel really hurt Litchi. It just really reduced her combo and hitconfirm potential. Some of the other nerfs (like 4D or J.C) aren't actually that bad - in some cases they don't really matter. . .

LK how do you feel about CSX looking at the current changes? I dunno why it feels like their making a lot of people weaker by taking away strong, yet not dominant tools away from them. I personally thought CS2 was pretty good balance wise besides Tager.

No matter what, despite the changes I feel like the game is going to continue to evolve anyways. However I'm still a bit averse to Special Corner Proration zone, because anyone who has high midscreen damage will probably automatically be strong.

Litchi changes look ok to me, I'm glad I can start doing something that isn't BCB loop. Most of the characters look fine, Plat is looking stronger than everyone else though. I have to see the final changes before I can settle on anything.

LK What's the plan to get the crowds to chant *your* name instead next year?

Also - WTF ground chun - what should I know and where are we going with this?

I can try to jumpstart my low tier career now.

Alternatively, I can hope that EVO is in NYC at Madison Square Garden and nab that hometown(coast) advantage

Also I have no idea what you're asking in the second question.

LK, can I rent one room of your house to stay in if I ever come to America, it'll be about as big as my entire house so I'm good.

When do you think barrier should or should not be used? Obviously, you'll want to barrier if you're on one primer, but do you think it's a bad idea to simply barrier block everything until your gauge is almost empty?

Oh me! Pick me next!

So LK:

1) What exactly was that thing you did with Makoto in the corner and what are the pros and cons of it?

2) What's your take on Platinum as this point, both character strengths and match up wise (Litchi or Makoto's perspective).

3) What do you think I need to improve on to be consider "pro"? Is my slightly reset based game play harmful or could it work better with moderation. Can it involve a dose of trolling, I already know there's a time and place for everything but I like to think it adds a small enough random factor to increase my opponent tension at times.

4) I hardly ever use training mode and when I do it's usually always for messing around with random characters, is that bad? :P

LK, do you think plat is kawaii?

:|

LK, can I rent one room of your house to stay in if I ever come to America, it'll be about as big as my entire house so I'm good.

When do you think barrier should or should not be used? Obviously, you'll want to barrier if you're on one primer, but do you think it's a bad idea to simply barrier block everything until your gauge is almost empty?

Anyone can come whenever! To experience the NJ scene.

Barrier should be used for sure. You can tell who has really good defense by how well they use barrier. It depends on what character you're playing against. Against some characters, like Litchi, barrier isn't very useful - it's really hard to outright push her out. But against some others, like Bang or Makoto, barrier used well can actually push them out and enable a quick escape.

It's best if you know what characters have normals with a lot of pushback (like Bang's 2B) or if the other player is running strings where they are not running back in (like against Noel). It's important to not lose focus of other things (throws/overheads/etc) when you decide to barrier.

Oh me! Pick me next!

So LK:

1) What exactly was that thing you did with Makoto in the corner and what are the pros and cons of it?

2) What's your take on Platinum as this point, both character strengths and match up wise (Litchi or Makoto's perspective).

3) What do you think I need to improve on to be consider "pro"? Is my slightly reset based game play harmful or could it work better with moderation. Can it involve a dose of trolling, I already know there's a time and place for everything but I like to think it adds a small enough random factor to increase my opponent tension at times.

4) I hardly ever use training mode and when I do it's usually always for messing around with random characters, is that bad? :P

1) One of the little tricks I learned when I was considering making Makoto my main. It's just whatever combo > Comet Cannon > dash into the corner > dash out > 214AA or 214AB. Normally 214AB is enough for a free hit. I'll normally only do it when I have 50 meter so I can keep them in the corner. The second time I did it to Lost Soul I was thinking about doing 214AA but normally people get hit by the crossup in the corner two or three times first... Just dashing into the corner leaves that small gap for Makoto to slide into.

2) Platinum is so annoying honestly. . . . The way people play her doesn't line up with the way I feel like she should be played. For Makoto it's really rough - I want to parry in neutral but I'm too scared of 2B to do it too much. I just let them do whatever right now and try to slide in when I see an opening. The match is much easier for Litchi because she controls more space and generally has less recovery on pokes (relative to range). Plat is one of those matches that really exposes Makoto's short range in neutral. . . I don't want to say it's in her favour but it's probably even. I was at the point where I thought Jin vs Makoto is in Jin's favour for the same reasons (aggressive space control that she has problems dealing with).

3) You don't consider yourself to be a top player?

4) Eh it's not really bad, I mean you probably have a big knowledge of the game by now, haha.

1) One of the little tricks I learned when I was considering making Makoto my main. It's just whatever combo > Comet Cannon > dash into the corner > dash out > 214AA or 214AB. Normally 214AB is enough for a free hit. I'll normally only do it when I have 50 meter so I can keep them in the corner. The second time I did it to Lost Soul I was thinking about doing 214AA but normally people get hit by the crossup in the corner two or three times first... Just dashing into the corner leaves that small gap for Makoto to slide into.

2) Platinum is so annoying honestly. . . . The way people play her doesn't line up with the way I feel like she should be played. For Makoto it's really rough - I want to parry in neutral but I'm too scared of 2B to do it too much. I just let them do whatever right now and try to slide in when I see an opening. The match is much easier for Litchi because she controls more space and generally has less recovery on pokes (relative to range). Plat is one of those matches that really exposes Makoto's short range in neutral. . . I don't want to say it's in her favour but it's probably even. I was at the point where I thought Jin vs Makoto is in Jin's favour for the same reasons (aggressive space control that she has problems dealing with).

3) You don't consider yourself to be a top player?

4) Eh it's not really bad, I mean you probably have a big knowledge of the game by now, haha.

1) I only caught a glimpse at first so though you made it so 214A~B went in reverse. lol

2) Yeah once Lostsoul got better at zoning with her normals within a week I honestly though it was in her favor as well, like it was dealing with Litchi in full time staff mode. Getting exposed by moves that I didn't know the properties of didn't help. The match up for me gotten a lot better once I realize it was mostly his previous match up knowledge against me and every other Platinum were doing it wrong. =/

3) Just making sure I didn't have some kind of inflated ego, since I don't normally reference myself as such. xD

4) True enough.

LK, you always join my lobby the moment I have to get off the Xbox. :arg:

Anyways, what's your typical game plan with a character like Litchi when your opponent has flawless defense?

Edited by Spud

2) Yeah once Lostsoul got better at zoning with her normals within a week I honestly though it was in her favor as well, like it was dealing with Litchi in full time staff mode. Getting exposed by moves that I didn't know the properties of didn't help. The match up for me gotten a lot better once I realize it was mostly his previous match up knowledge against me and every other Platinum were doing it wrong. =/

Oh man, seriously this. All the other plats are doing it wrong. Some of those normals have a way bigger hitbox than I expected.

Also I have no idea what you're asking in the second question.

Dude - The Garden. You'll be famous. If The Garden hosts Evo, even if BB is in some back office with two chairs, I will go. I'd also see how far in SF4 I get with Flowcharts, then get a T-shirt that says "I flowcharted at EVO".

Anyways - lemme rephrase my question -

In about a paragraph, sum up how people should adjust to the the changes you expect (so far...) and what Litchi's situation will be going into CS:E.

Dude. You HONESTLY think Valkenhayn is S-tier in this game?? In the same tier with Hazama and Makoto?

Please explain your logic, b/c right now I'm smh.

Alternatively, I can hope that EVO is in NYC at Madison Square Garden and nab that hometown(coast) advantage

whoah whoah whoah, is there a chance of this happening AT ALL?!