Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

[VS] Simple Q&A thread

How do you defeat Bulleta? lol... really, where is her weakness? I feel like her approach is unique and tough to deal with and her defensive game lp, missiles etc are suprising effective.

How do you defeat Bulleta? lol... really, where is her weakness? I feel like her approach is unique and tough to deal with and her defensive game lp, missiles etc are suprising effective.

In my (dubiously useful) opinion, you'll never touch a good Bulleta if you aren't on top of teching and GCing. She can practically indefinitely pressure with moves that will stuff a jump from the ground if you try to avoid blockstun that way.

Edited by Fayk

Bulleta's weakness lies from her inability to deal with people jumping on her from any distance really. S.MK is an ok AA, but it's no Demitri S.MK. She also has no real good defensive option when dealing with pressure (like a DP). GC is ok to temporarily alleivate pressure. Bulleta's defensive options are similar to Rikuo's. You have to defend by using your movement/ spacing.

From your perspective as Morrigan, it is a hella tough matchup for sure. You have to stave off the incoming Bulleta rushdown of death and destruction while attempting to deal damage with inferior damage dealing options. However, once you get within the range that Bulleta wants to fight at, then you can start to open up on her and use your hi/low game to take advantage of her. Controlling the top part of the screen is important too, because Bulleta wants to be in the air to assault you with like 30 jumping attacks before she lands. Standing MP and MK can stop dashes if you predict them correctly, but only in a situation where they don't have charge. Otherwise you'll eat missle.

I have a few questions, since I find this series rather intriguing. Is competitive Vampire mostly played on arcade cabinets? Are the console versions ever played? Just asking because Donovan is probably the most interesting character for me (design/attacks looks cool as hell) but he only seems to be on the console versions. I guess a better question is, does anyone really care about the console characters competitively?

Edited by Zeromus_X

I have a few questions, since I find this series rather intriguing. Is competitive Vampire mostly played on arcade cabinets? Are the console versions ever played? Just asking because Donovan is probably the most interesting character for me (design/attacks looks cool as hell) but he only seems to be on the console versions. I guess a better question is, does anyone really care about the console characters competitively?

Short answer is no. As far as I'm aware this is mostly because of other issues with the platforms where you are able to play as other characters (Pyron, Donovan, Phobos) and not because of the characters themselves.

Hunter sees a decent amount of play, not as much as Saivor but a respectable amount.

Hunter sees next to no play. Lets be real. Its a solid game, but... yeah nobody plays it to speak of

Is competitive Vampire mostly played on arcade cabinets? Are the console versions ever played?

Lately most of the tournaments in the states have been run on my Supergun, but there have been a couple on PS2 as well. JP tournies are all on Arcade Cabs

Edited by Kajoq

When's the next offline Vampire Savior tournament?

How about on-line opportunities, is there a set schedule of events for people to join in... gppo i suppose?

=]

Im not sure the next offline Tourney, EVO I guess - Are you coming Jais?

As for online, There are weekly Danisen (ranking battles of a sort) at 6pm est Saturdays. They might get moved back to sunday

Yeah we have weekly danisen ranbats on Saturdays. Recently due to the amount of people that have been coming, we've just had regular double elim tourneys.

Hey guys,

I've always absolutely loved this series, and feel I'm long overdue for actually getting involved competitively. (Or at least giving it a shot) I know enough for the very basics, but nothing really in terms of comboing or even good pressure or the like. (Character of choice here being Gallon) So I guess here's a couple basic questions having come from a semi-competitive background in fighters.

1.) I know the majority of play right now is done via GGPO, therefore on the equivalent of Arcade hardware. I suppose one question is how does playing on Vampire Collection (PS2) compare to say, playing on Vampire Chronicles (Dreamcast) and having both players pick "V.S. Type" for their character? I know that PS2 Vampire Savior is pretty damn close to arcade perfect, but honestly my Dreamcast is by and far the easier one to play. (Broken PS2, and PS3 h8 import PS2 titles)

I mean sure, I could just try playing with friends or practicing via GGPO. I just think it'd be a bit more convenient to make use of a console version.

Actually, I guess that's my only real question until I get some halfway serious play time in.

Thanks in advance for any answers, peeps.

Hey guys,

I've always absolutely loved this series, and feel I'm long overdue for actually getting involved competitively. (Or at least giving it a shot) I know enough for the very basics, but nothing really in terms of comboing or even good pressure or the like. (Character of choice here being Gallon) So I guess here's a couple basic questions having come from a semi-competitive background in fighters.

1.) I know the majority of play right now is done via GGPO, therefore on the equivalent of Arcade hardware. I suppose one question is how does playing on Vampire Collection (PS2) compare to say, playing on Vampire Chronicles (Dreamcast) and having both players pick "V.S. Type" for their character? I know that PS2 Vampire Savior is pretty damn close to arcade perfect, but honestly my Dreamcast is by and far the easier one to play. (Broken PS2, and PS3 h8 import PS2 titles)

I mean sure, I could just try playing with friends or practicing via GGPO. I just think it'd be a bit more convenient to make use of a console version.

Actually, I guess that's my only real question until I get some halfway serious play time in.

Thanks in advance for any answers, peeps.

Chronicle is fine to use for practicing if you don't have access to anything else. It is the only version of darkstalkers with a record function in practice mode. Due to engine tweaks however, their are alot of differences in how combo engine works. The game feels like vs2 for every character where dashing links do not work with a few exception and some combos change and do not transfer to the arcade or ps2 versions. Bishamon is the biggest example of this as you can combo into regular fireball after a couple of hits but not es (this is opposite in the arcade version).

I have a question about push blocking. A friend of mine explained it to me and I didn't understand from his explanation how it worked. I looked through the wiki and its exactly how he explained. My problem is three things: You piano all the buttons to get a high chance and preferably high or fierce attack at the end for max push

1. How do I piano Lk,Lp,Mp,HP,Hk,MP quickly. My pinky does not rest on HK when I rest my hand on the arcade stick (HRAPsa2 if that matters)

2.How can I practice it? the ps2 collection has a training mode, but no recording feature and the AI is too random. On GGPO or mame etc. there is no training mode.

3. Is it really possible to hit six buttons in the heat of battle like that???

from the wiki

This leads us to the proper way to AG on a stick: Lk, Lp, Mp, Hp, Hk (then Mk). There are two main reasons for this. The first and most obvious reason is that it makes sense when you think about it ergonomically. If you place your hand over the attack buttons of an arcade stick, they'll very close to the buttons listed respectively, with the thumb being over Lk and the pinky over Hk.

Edited by hardworkgenius

I have a question about push blocking. A friend of mine explained it to me and I didn't understand from his explanation how it worked. I looked through the wiki and its exactly how he explained. My problem is three things: You piano all the buttons to get a high chance and preferably high or fierce attack at the end for max push

1. How do I piano Lk,Lp,Mp,HP,Hk,MP quickly. My pinky does not rest on HK when I rest my hand on the arcade stick (HRAPsa2 if that matters)

2.How can I practice it? the ps2 collection has a training mode, but no recording feature and the AI is too random. On GGPO or mame etc. there is no training mode.

3. Is it really possible to hit six buttons in the heat of battle like that???

There are many methods to tech hit the buttons. You can swipe your hands across the buttons or you can do the above method. The only way I can say to practice the other way is to play and try it. if you roll your hand across the stick from left to right, that's how you'll get it.

It is possible to hit all the buttons, but it takes a lot of practice.

There's a lot of different techniques people use for tech hit. Some people just slide a finger/knuckle around all 6 buttons. Double piano works. You don't have to start with lk if it uncomfortable, sequence doesn't matter to much really. I sometimes accidentally dark force when starting on lk.

Lk,Lp,Mp,HP,Hk,MP is generally considered optimal but kinda funky to pull off, practice doing 4 input piano lk, lp, mp, hp and once you can do that try hiting hk with your pinky then back to mk with your ring finger. Most people online only do 4 input tech hit anyway, adding in the 5th and 6th once they can do that consistently. A good way to practice if you have an 8 button stick is to assign one of the 4th buttons to a P2 attack that hits multiple times like leilei's hp. Press that button, and you have a long window to put your self into block stun to practice. (also why you avoid moves like that in normal play)

brand new players who have no experience should try the 4 push method first because of the simplicity\probability of the push

thumb hits lk, top 3 are regular piano fp,mp,lp

thats 50%, not risky if you wiff because its a light attack, option select tech throw and combo starter. Its probably the best one to use for newer players IMO. However 50% is 50%, meaning that once you master it, you'll have to update your push to the 5-6 one. However, 4 for right now should give you a really good perspective about the push. all forms of good pushblock are option selects and depending on what you start with determines the options that are given to you.

you can start a pushblock with lp+lk which is a dark force, then piano and I think the game registers that as a 4 button input. Dual presses count as 1 button but this 4 push block method will trigger a dark force on wiff rather than wiffing a normal and quite a few characters in the game have invincible startup on their dark force and other have super armor. However on block, you get a 50% push.

lastly, I believe you can start doing command grabs+push attempts if your character has a command grab that doesn't have a wiff animation. For instance bee has no wiff on her command grab, w\e button overrides the button priority will animate. so things like hcb+lp, piano 3 buttons is a different types of OS compared to the dark force vairation.

the whole push block thing can get REALLY deep, @ the highest level you have to start combining your push block attempts with option selects. There are others to note but those are 3 different examples of how a push block can be an option select. Once you know how the game is going to register the inputs, its not that hard to start making them up on your own.

What methods of guard-canceling do people use?

I did some hardcore digging and found a bit of info from MagMan suggesting qcb to block then going to df + button to get them out.

Are there any other methods?

The two methods that I know of are:

1. Buffer Hcb (or Towards to Defensive Crouch for blocking lows), then hit Offensive Crouch + P during block stun

2. Buffer a DP motion, and then hold block, hitting Punch during block stun.

Does anyone know the name of the song in Jedah's Boss Intro...I swear to god I've heard it before....

Whats wrong with Vampire Savior 2 and why isn't it on GGPO? I have 1 and 2 and 2 seems to have the 3 different characters, was there poor balance choices made in this games version or something? Like SF zero 2 alpha?

Whats wrong with Vampire Savior 2 and why isn't it on GGPO? I have 1 and 2 and 2 seems to have the 3 different characters, was there poor balance choices made in this games version or something? Like SF zero 2 alpha?

Vampire Savior 2 isn't considered to be the "latest & greatest" due to system mechanic changes. VSAV is the most accepted, played & competitive Vampire to date.

Play VSAV.

Does anyone know the name of the song in Jedah's Boss Intro...I swear to god I've heard it before....

http://soundtrackcentral.com/cds/vampiresavior.htm

All i have found list songs by character/stage names. =/

Edited by Kyle

New Vampire Savior player here. What are the differences between Morrigan and Lilith?

Also, what makes this game so good? (no disrespect here, i'm genuinely curious!!) AKA What kind of things are in vsav that I can't get from other fighters?

Edited by Shiawase

Morrigan has air dashes/overheads and a fullscreen fireball. Lilith has a shortrange fireball, ground dashes and no fast overhead game. They have similar looking ground normals and aside from both having a DP and command super they play very differently.

Generalizing: it's a fast paced, offensive game drawing from the fundamentals of the SF2 era (footsies, spacing, etc) with offense balanced by somewhat difficult defense (it takes practice). But unlike other fast paced games that have lots of air dashing and quick overheads, you don't need to memorize 50-hit combos.

Sign in to follow this