Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

[VS] Simple Q&A thread

Really struggling trying to do instant air dashes. Are they harder in vsav or has it just been too long since I've played an air dashing game?

I'm having troubles doing them forwards when I'm facing the right.

Not all characters have them, so maybe that your problem? Are you playing Zombie or Lei-Lei?

Can someone tell me what the point of deactivating a Dark Force manually is? I know some characters get limited properties from them. Lei Lei can't throw, for instance, so I can understand a player deactivating hers early, but I've seen Felicia players like Nekohashi activate Kitty Helper for a short while, then cancel it. Dark Forces don't continually drain meter and Felicia doesn't lose anything from having Kitty Helper active. You also can't gain the meter back by canceling it out, so why do people do it?

Because you are unable to move or block when your Dark Force wears off. If your opponent is ready to strike you when that happens they will get a free combo. Manual decativation allows you to be unpredictable about it, and it allows you to deactivate when you think you're safe.

Where are the matchup threads? I'm getting my ass kicked with Zabel because i dont know what to do. I can do his combos/iAD and even tech hit easily but I lack matchup knowledge. And watching videos dont really help explain to me what to do in a matchup.

2 questions.

1. What makes a good Q-Bee? I watch Sakomoto and he plays very slow/patient and he doesn't go crazy with iAD's yet he dominates some games.

2. What should a Q-Bee be doing in training mode? Since her combos are pretty easy.

2 questions.

1. What makes a good Q-Bee? I watch Sakomoto and he plays very slow/patient and he doesn't go crazy with iAD's yet he dominates some games.

2. What should a Q-Bee be doing in training mode? Since her combos are pretty easy.

I'm still learning her myself, but I think I can offer some insight:

1. Checking the opponent's jumping habits and playing good poke games is vital in the meta-game. IAD is not a good way in unless you can keep your opponent's jumps in check and their standing pokes stuffed. Other than that it's about good mix-ups and capitalizing on her bubble oki.

2. Be able to IAD on both sides consistently, practice bubble oki, and be able to do cr.LK or st.LK xx 41236PP on command (actually very tight). She's not a technical or complex character outside of her IAD dependency.

1. Good Q-Bee players:

- Don't jump right away when they get up

- Don't jump right away as soon as they are done being hit with an attack/done blocking an attack

- Understand that Q-Bee's CMD throw is the best in the game by a longshot, especially her ES Command Throw

- Learn how to hover while blocking, as this can be very difficult to handle (it essentially allows you to move forward while blocking any attack)

These are the main things I would say. A Q-Bee player who isn't jump-happy, uses her Command Throw defensively, and knows how to safely advance on an opponent is pretty hard to beat. The things listed address all the general pitfalls I've seen from Q-Bee players over the years (very obvious when they jump, very easy to throw on wakeup, and have a large tendency to close the gap with full-screen dashes).

Can you explain why her ES command throw is so much better? Is it just because it option selects with LP?

Both command throws have a ton of invulnerability (28 and 37 frames respectively) and have the same startup, but the ES Command throw also has ten active grabbing frames compared to the normal version's one active frame.

Both command throws have a ton of invulnerability (28 and 37 frames respectively) and have the same startup, but the ES Command throw also has ten active grabbing frames compared to the normal version's one active frame.

Thanks, good info.

Anyone know how to do Donavan's second EX move? I for the life of me can't do it. I can't read is the input MP>LP>4LK, MK?

Nvm, got it.

Edited by BlackYakuzu94

Because this game is played in Turbo, I wonder: do we have the opportunity to hit every frame in links? Like, because the game is going faster than normal, will a 2F link actually give 2/60 of a second to complete, and if not, what's the difference?

Because this game is played in Turbo, I wonder: do we have the opportunity to hit every frame in links? Like, because the game is going faster than normal, will a 2F link actually give 2/60 of a second to complete, and if not, what's the difference?

Turbo works by skipping frames, not actually speeding up time, so the actual window of links only changes if one of the frames in the link window is skipped. Your input can be lost if it's a 1f link or if you input on the last possible frame of a link window. I'm not sure how the game handles things if you input on the first frame of a 2f link and it gets skipped, though. I believe the input will be carried over into the next frame and you'll hit the link (because according to the game, that skipped frame never actually happened).

Edited by Celerity

How do you practice Zabel's unblockable j. LK in training mode? What settings/records do you need to set to the dummy?

Set training mode dummy to-

Action: JUMP

Guard: ALL

As Zabel, antiair w/ any of these-

st.lp

st.lp, cr.lk whiff

st.6lp, cr.lk whiff

st.hp,

cr.lp,

cr.lp, cr.lk whiff

Than, recover and IAD, Fast fall, descending J.lk. when Timed correctly it is UB.

99~7~*J.LK, cr.lk, st.6lk, 6~4PP.

*J.lk should hit on the last few active frames, MEATY.

Good luck!!!! ^_^

Sign in to follow this