Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

7/23 Team St1ckbug Rising: Brooklyn, NY (WE ARE BACK!)

If you still need PS3s with all the characters unlocked for BB, I can bring mine.

I don't have Component cables though, so if someone could bring those for use, you'd be set. Unless you're fine with standard def.

Also, I'll have AH3 by then, so that's an option too.

so what'sgoing on. Are people there? If so imma get out of my house

Good shit to the people for not coming. Still got some skillionare fighting done.

As of now, tournies are on 360. I got word that we will have PS2->360 converters for use. If you play on PS3 pad and can't use a PS3 pad....really?

Good shit to the people for not coming. Still got some skillionare fighting done.

As of now, tournies are on 360. I got word that we will have PS2->360 converters for use. If you play on PS3 pad and can't use a PS3 pad....really?

my PS2 pad exploded so I can't use that

so I guess good luck guys lol

Yours isn't special. Use someone elses.

Don't whimp out. Support your community. We actually need people to come so we can you know...exist.

my PS2 pad exploded so I can't use that

so I guess good luck guys lol

So I will bring one just for you, or if you prefer I also hav a namco u may also use...any more excuses?

I'm in there! I'll bring an extra PS2 pad as well if this is indeed being run on 360.

Also around what time is shit starting?

gee if you want someone to support the scene don't treat them like shit or else they won't wanna come, just sayin'

and yes pads are different

they aren't like arcade sticks where you can just let people borrow them, sticks are mostly all the same

pads are different because they depends on how beat up they are, I took 2 pads to ECT and no one wanted to play with the second one because it just was too stiff

and sometimes pads are way too loose

so yes mine is special because it's in that perfect state where it isn't too loose or stiff, Akira-Shiro and Raiza liked it

if your pads have been used intensively and are ready for a fighting game then yes bring it

but as it stands now I rather stay home and wait for SJ5 so that I don't make "oh I lost cause of the pad" excuses

damn you guys went hard body on hellknight for no reason lol

The reason is we need attendance. This isn't SFIV/MvC3. We get treated like shit, we have people who still doubt it...people that kinda provide the space we need. We do need people.

I'm in there! I'll bring an extra PS2 pad as well if this is indeed being run on 360.

Also around what time is shit starting?

I have to discuss that with Alan/Biscuits since we added the 4th game.

gee if you want someone to support the scene don't treat them like shit or else they won't wanna come, just sayin'

they aren't like arcade sticks where you can just let people borrow them, sticks are mostly all the same

pads are different because they depends on how beat up they are, I took 2 pads to ECT and no one wanted to play with the second one because it just was too stiff

so yes mine is special because it's in that perfect state where it isn't too loose or stiff, Akira-Shiro and Raiza liked it

if your pads have been used intensively and are ready for a fighting game then yes bring it

but as it stands now I rather stay home and wait for SJ5 so that I don't make "oh I lost cause of the pad" excuses

Or you could not make the excuse. It doesn't matter, if you don't do great, because if you don't do great, that's it. Come through. Have fun. Give the other pads a try because you never know. Hell if you can salvage it, there may be someone there that can fix it even...

I know it sounds like I'm being harsh, I probably am. But attendance in this one is absolutely vital. Simple as if we don't make them money, they probably won't let us run anything again. :sweatdrop:

All trolling aside, does that basically mean you don't want to attend any events because you need time to wear in a pad?

Simple as if we don't make them money, they probably won't let us run anything again. :sweatdrop:

Well we would still have to pay a $10 venue fee, so aren't they making money either way?

Or you could not make the excuse. It doesn't matter, if you don't do great, because if you don't do great, that's it. Come through. Have fun. Give the other pads a try because you never know. Hell if you can salvage it, there may be someone there that can fix it even...

I know it sounds like I'm being harsh, I probably am. But attendance in this one is absolutely vital. Simple as if we don't make them money, they probably won't let us run anything again. :sweatdrop:

yeah you can have fun just by showing, but if someone wants to also participate with all their ability then let them

I netplay all the time so I have to put up with limitations most of the time, so getting the chance to participate offline and not have any limitations would be great, especially since that's what offline vs online is all about

but if there are limitations then why should I come? I can just save my money and wait for the next event

All trolling aside, does that basically mean you don't want to attend any events because you need time to wear in a pad?

No I have a working a pad, but it's a PS3 pad (I only play BB)

so I have no problems coming through if I'm allowed to use it (and if I have the money lol)

if I'm not given the option to use it then I rather not show, it's all personal preference

I'll just go to the next event that allows it

Well we would still have to pay a $10 venue fee, so aren't they making money either way?

There's expenses too. Extra manpower, electricity, and time for example are all needed to put on a tournament. I admit I may be over analyzing it due to being in business and going to business school though -_-.

pads are indeed special, you will never play at the same quality when using someone elses. example lf l took my sisters' pad and played on it i'll do pretty badly. and doing badly due to forces beyond your control is... well its like netplaying.

and ps2 pads are shitty. they feel horrible and laggy, its just really not a good quality pad compared to the ps3 pad.

lt may seem that pad warriors are bitching, but really its not the same. at all.

now lm perfectly fine just coming and not playing anything if its on 360, l just dont want to be the only one there, which would seem to be the case. but yeah why is it on 360 anyway, no one seems to really object having anything on ps3. (l dont know anything about the setups there so just asking)

You could just show up and have fun hanging out with everyone. Didn't you have fun meeting everyone at ECT? I mean, I don't even play this game but I still show up and play it.

Depends how far it is and how much it costs though.

dunno, Henry has lots and lots of xbocs? I didnt really see to many ps3 setups at NL. But hey if you guys want you can rent my DBZ fight stick for a mere 0.01 cents!!!!!

but yea GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD. the 23 seems like such a far date

pads are indeed special, you will never play at the same quality when using someone elses. example lf l took my sisters' pad and played on it i'll do pretty badly. and doing badly due to forces beyond your control is... well its like netplaying.

and ps2 pads are shitty. they feel horrible and laggy, its just really not a good quality pad compared to the ps3 pad.

lt may seem that pad warriors are bitching, but really its not the same. at all.

now lm perfectly fine just coming and not playing anything if its on 360, l just dont want to be the only one there, which would seem to be the case. but yeah why is it on 360 anyway, no one seems to really object having anything on ps3. (l dont know anything about the setups there so just asking)

Because they will have PS2->360 converters for people to use in the tournament. And there's people that like pads from both consoles.

about pads.

some things are easier on pad than stick.

i use saki/time and i have certain bnbs that involve charging/holding 5 or 2 E for long periods of time, till my opponent forgets i placed a charged 5 around...but something like that is near impossible on stick, just works with pad.

20 days away.

i need to practice my melty.