Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

06/19 - Toronto BBCS Team Tourney- XP Grindfest Tourney

Results:results

Zeero 38

K2 29

Wu 28

Kousaka 28

Sapphire 27

neiluj95 22

Leo7 21

Diobrando 20

Roldy 20

KC 16

Martine 9

Akuun 7

Unsanctifier 6

Kellfire 2

ggs guys.

i think this gives everyone a good gauge on where they are in the community.

let's work on getting those numbers closer together.

apologies to akuun.

i'll try to stop talking shit to everyone in general.

let's have two more of these before evo. lots to work on guys.

i need to stop dropping winning combo

i almost exploded myself again, omg

gg today, i don't like hairy long legs

The least significant difference in this data set (lol...) is 3.09 points with a confidence value of 5%.

Average 19.5

STDEV 10.41264025

Var 108.4230769

t(0.05,13) 2.532637811

LSD 3.08890462

If your point difference is more than 3 points different from another person, then they are statistically significantly different! This doesn't mean much though since it's only based on one data set =).

nice wu, u reminded me i did learn something from high school

why pui so gdlk? will get him next time

leo, wt video should i watch?

Comments on gameplay:

K2 - stop dropping combos. use more jA overheads. And watch Matsu (Mazo Hime), I think you'll find some tricks. Also, spam more 2C.

Wu - not impressed! IMO you need to use 5A pressure more instead of always going for the whole string. And 2d mixups. play Noel like CS1 with lots of gimmicks, except you only need 2 to win a round instead of 5 now.

Kousaka - master kou is always gdlk asides from dropping supers and facing 9-1 matchups lol. I personally think that for the bad matchups, you should change mentality and go all out, might as well lol. 9-1 matchup is 9-1 matchup if you're playing it. Randomness wins sometimes.

Sapphire - Needs a better neutral game. and by that, i mean when u're in the neutral game, spam charges. Tsubaki is 10x gayer if she has charge.

neiluj95 - Didn't really watch you play but from our match I think you just need more exp. You seem to know what your gameplan is.

Leo7 - Do combos sir. And stop putting yourself in neutral all the time. learn to keep up pressure/stay in range. You're too often out of valk's range.

Diobrando - Hazama's neutral game/pressure/everything is awesome but you're not really abusing it. I think you need to yomi better with chains.

Roldy - I'm not sure, but I don't think you combos are optimal. Asides from that, your pressure is a little autopilot. Mix it up and do more stagger stuff imo.

KC - Secret boss, u just need to play more and you'll beast me 11:-1 again

Martine - I think your jin's spacing and decision making is really good, but you end up dropping a lot of combos and panicking sometimes when random stuff happens XD. I think for you its to work on consistency.

Akuun - Work on combos as usual, and learn lambda's pressure game. From what I saw from Tim, lambda's wheel oki pressure is really good now, so its not all about keeping away anymore. Check out the corner combos with the 5c6c->wheel->spike->tackle stuff as well. And try to always end combos with wheel oki imo.

Unsanctifier - I think you need to work on your combos, they're very unconventional and doesn't really get you the best situations/damage. Also doesn't really feel like you have a gameplan down. Lots of improvement areas.

Kellfire - Pick a character, then we'll talk lol.

For everybody who seriously wants to get better (esp for the evo folks) it may be a good idea to note down what to work on and what you realized throughout the tourney. I myself made a note of about 10 things I could work on from what I saw from myself of this tourney, between playing and watching Leo's gdlk valk.

Asides from that, GGs to everybody! IMO this should become like a biweekly or monthly thing since its our only way of really playing bbcs2 together from now on. Gety is on life support, way to go for trying to cater to the wrong crowd without the proper actions lol.

shoutouts to Sonia for running the brackets yay... now wheres my drawing >_> Can I get a cute doggie (valk?)

edit:

let's work on getting those numbers closer together.

I disagree with that statement because it involves pulling me down my throne on fuck top mountain :mad:

You only get fucked on top of that mountain.

If people have other thoughts they should mention it and that includes questions/thoughts on your own gameplay. I found my drive (teehee) to get better after seeing Pui go 2-0 for most of the tournament. My motivation is to rape his ass really hard and then wipe my bloody cock all over his cute white dress.

The next time we do this, we should have a brief talk prior to the tournament about what to work on and watch out for.

Thanks for the tips Pui, it is true. I have no idea what I'm doing at this point. I tried Dive Kicking with Rachel a few times =.=

Unsanc requests more meetups with no other game distractions!

Valk pic, saved ^_^

Thanks for the feedback Pui (or should I say LK, LOL). My combos are most definitely not optimal, I don't even know the new combos besides DP loop, just going off CS1 knowledge, lol.

Time to abuse my free time and beast on Tetsu videos >_<

Comments on gameplay:

Akuun - Work on combos as usual, and learn lambda's pressure game. From what I saw from Tim, lambda's wheel oki pressure is really good now, so its not all about keeping away anymore. Check out the corner combos with the 5c6c->wheel->spike->tackle stuff as well. And try to always end combos with wheel oki imo.

Thanks for the advice. It's true that her sickle oki is really good now, and I do try to use combos that end with it but yeah, I dropped a lot of combos and I don't think I got a knockdown on you at all. It worked when playing other people but there are some mixups from sickle that I simply can't do at the moment, so that's another thing to work on.

I've been trying the 6c -> wheel -> spike -> tackle string in corner combos, but it seems to only work under very specific circumstances or else people can tech out. I couldn't figure out when to use it, so I stuck with just 6c -> tackle in the tourney.

Akuun: sticking to easy combos are fine if you know you can't do it yet, but you should learn so you eventually can do it. When I was playing my matches, I opted to use easier combos a lot too and lost a lot of damage, but its ok. I think the correct mentality is to start of aiming to do the best combo, then when you realize or dont feel comfortable doing it for whatever reason (spacing/height/whatever) then you switch to something you know that works.

Leo knows how many times I went for easier combos, because I was uncomfortable with the height I got people at during my combo.

Secret Boss: secret boss your score considering you dont even play this game against people or know anything about the changes is very good lol. needs more xp

yeahhh hype wolf on hype dog action

Fun tourney and thanks for hosting and everyone bringing equips. I know I have improved alot since MAT and believe most of us are very close to our CS1 level (and we play much less lol). I'm sure we will surpass that level with a few more of these. And I would like 1 more (ideally 2) session before Evo.

P+ : I charge according to the matchup. I'd rather RTSD against rachel instead of charging otherwise she gets time to throw her shit out and I have a harder time getting in and my charges don't help me get in since pumpkin shit beats everything. Give some more useful advice jerk!

Wu: I agree, next tourney we are both going to 2-0 against Pui. :keke:

GGGGGGGGGGG!

lol gg's everyone~ we'll look into possibility setting another session before evo..

also perhaps next time we should put some sort of bounty on the people who beat zeero

Pui: yeah exactly. I'm learning the combo so that I can eventually use it, but at the time of the tourney I wasn't comfortable with fielding it in competitive play, so I didn't. That particular link happens halfway through a combo so if I dropped it, I would lose a lot of damage.

If we have another session like this that would be hype. I'll be going back to playing CS2 now, next time I'll get well over 10 points D: <

i need to play more so i can get use to my combo