Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Kimura

[VS] Lilith: Succubus

those combos are difficult indeed, plus they strain my finger joints.

Main problem was not in the button press sequence, but in the stick direction. Especially in the combos where you crouch, you have to move stick from down or downback or downforward to left or right and most of the times it would register as diagonal input.

I personally use right arm for stick and left for buttons (cross my arms), so it is more difficult to do that combo. If I switch arms combo is much easier but I lose mobility when holding stick with left hand

i have a lot of problemsdoing - c.LK>c.MP>s.MK>LI

i can't do it in time or the LI just don't start at all, i was using only the index for the combo but now i use different fingers and i can do the combo a few times : c.LK (index)>c.MP(medium)>s.MK(medium)>LI

most of the times the super won't start or when it start it miss the link, am i using the correct fingers?

cr.lk = Thumb

cr.mp = Middle

st.mk =Thumb IMPORTANT. this free's the other fingers for the LI

lp~lp = double strum middle~index

after a lot of weeks spent in training mode i finally come up how to do that hard link (still only in training tho)

maybe is stupid but i impur the lp x3 times instead 2 and that helped me alot

i aldo use my index for the lk,and my medium for imput the mp and mk, after that i use my index again for start the super

her j.mk land cr.mk-cr.hp-LI works well too, even if you don't do a crossup,the damage is higher than cr.lk-cr.mp-s.mk -LI and easier to do

for the chicken block LI, i tought you can't air block after an air attack, how is possible that you can pre buffer the LI without getting hit??

also when i try to do that shit a lp comes first and then the super

for last thing, if you are fast enough you can link j.lp-j-hp LI and do big damage, is hard and works only on the tallest enemies, but if you do j.lp-j-mp- LI it will hit even the other chars (stand position)

Ciccio, if you input 7+lp, nothing comes out. That is how you pre-buffer. This only works when low to the ground. Unless you SuperJump.

3~7+lp, BLOCK~lp~6~lk~hp

oru

7+lp, BLOCK~lp~6~lk~hp

so, i must imput the first lp before jumping?

Input the first lp, while you are jumping. same time.

Updated links to previous post.

Broke up post#2 added to post#3.

Gonna update post#3 w/ the large info drop I completed today.

Need some help with a Lilith challenge, c.LK->c.HP->Luminous Illusion.

I would suggest practice c.HP > LI 1st many times because the failure to connect LI comes from the speed of your c.HP transitioning to LP

for LI command.

mini break down

c.LK > c.HP > (go very fast here piano to LP I use middle finger on HP roll piano index finger on LP) c.LP c.LP downforward (I hold DF for comfort/brain control lol) > LK > HP

It's also important to note that the command for LI (and DI...and every command super in the game) will fail if the game thinks that you are pressing any of the inputs at the same time. So, while doing it quickly is very important, you may also want to practice it in training mode with the input display on to see if maybe you are pressing any particular part of the sequence TOO quickly.

Ahh, sort of. I think the physical timing of plinking in most fighting games won't actually count as pressing simultaneous inputs. It's best if you open up the training mode, and set up the Input Display. That way, you can see whether you're doing it or not, as well as where it happens most frequently.

66lp OS:

The following four characters can mount an option select to punish jumps, throw when the opponent's down+back and confirm into a BnB on hit.

You have to rely on the whiff recovery-frames, Hitstop & the st.lp whiffing a crouching opponent.

Bulleta

66lp~6mp~st.lp, RENDA st.lp CONFIRM

Lilith

66lp~6hp~cr.lk, cr.mp, st.mk xx LI

Q-bee

66lp~6mp~cr.lp, cr.lk, cr.mp, cr.mk

Big thanks to:

FleshPounder for loads of technical VSAV conversations

PsychoRarity for old uploads of players doing this over a decade ago

Neojinbe for uploads of players doing this over a decade ago

SAKO Bulleta for being the first player I've noticed this from

KAJI/Kosho for aggressively applying this technique.

How do I catch/approach guys that u.back all the time and generally run away/zone till time runs out. Mainly Dimitri and Jedah.

PSN ppl tend to have a "oh no its Lilith!" fear of being close and just u.back like they don't even want to play.

Up+back's can be beat w/ d.mk & d.hp attacks. You can also do a superJump full air chain to bring them to the ground into an unblockable grounded normal.

Usually its a air bat or wheel from dimi/jedah, superJumping in I've had problems with. Tho I need to use d.hp more I haven't used it for that purpose.

thx Kyle

Lookin Good!

You can split the input for cr.lp, cr.lk xx LI.

cr.lp~cr.lp, down+forward + lk, hp

The three Lilith things you should train more are:

I- d.hp xx LI

II- d.lp, LINK cr.lk, cr.mp, st.mk xx LI

III- d.lp (whiff b/c they crouch), recover and throw.

Lastly, here is a great TechHIt/GuardCancel drill. Credit to Uminoko_Aulbath!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjERTMLa-fM

I- d.hp xx LI

II- d.lp, LINK cr.lk, cr.mp, st.mk xx LI

III- d.lp (whiff b/c they crouch), recover and throw.

Lastly, here is a great TechHIt/GuardCancel drill. Credit to Uminoko_Aulbath!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjERTMLa-fM

I. I forgot about and II. I def need to practice

lol omg that sas overhead yea i'll practice that wow, I die to that too often

Lilith-

Tiger Knee Soul Flash than react to the opponents movement. You can lure them into jumping at your soul flash by backdashing, than react to their 9-jump w/ a d.hp for the grounded UB.

If you do a higher TK & confirm the opponent 9-jumps, Lilith should Super Jump full air chain into a grounded UB. SJ.lp, j.lk, j.mp, j.mk, j.hp, j.hk, Land, and UB w/ st.hp or d.mk or s.lp.

When spaced correctly cr.lp, cr.lk & cr.mk are GC/DP safe. Use this to mount offense on a cornered character w/ a dp.

If a d.mk resets opponents in the corner, Lilith still has time to do a cornber walk-thru mixup.

D.lp x Throw OS is sooooooo strong. Seriously, the centerpiece of Kaji’s advancing mixup game. learn to ABUSE this trick. Video coming soon!

thanks for the helpfull info you managed to collect.

but I have one question regarding LI and DI combos.

what is the appropriate and total time frame to input the LI commands during combos?

Because regarding the slowest speed, LI can activate within 1 sec. But if I press the keys fast enough in can be activated within 0.4 seconds (or less?).

Should I execute the command as fast as possible?

Also the appropriate duration is the same for all LI combos?

eg in c.mk xx LI, c.hp xx LI and d.hp xx LI should LI entered at exactly the same length?

Also is there a difference between Morrigan and Lilith in how you input those combos?

I practice those inputs but I am really lost as to the exact length of the LI/DI.

I recommend learning one length and using that same input for all Demon commands. You have 11f between each button input. Not the direction. Lp, (11F)lp, 6, (11F)lk, (11F)hp. 33 total frames to execute. IIRC.

Cr.mk has very little hitsun, so execution has to be very fast. I prefer st.mk B/c you can execute at the usual speed and the combo will connect (unless you are at MAX range).

Morrigan & Lilith have identical demon execution

Good Luck!

I recommend learning one length and using that same input for all Demon commands. You have 11f between each button input. Not the direction. Lp, (11F)lp, 6, (11F)lk, (11F)hp. 33 total frames to execute. IIRC.

Cr.mk has very little hitsun, so execution has to be very fast. I prefer st.mk B/c you can execute at the usual speed and the combo will connect (unless you are at MAX range).

Morrigan & Lilith have identical demon execution

Good Luck!

Thanks I'll try.

Dont mind not doing a full LI/DI, which is way too difficult for me (once every 100 and only in training)

Just 2/3 hits suffice.

problem with that move as opposed to other characters and other fighting games, is that it is very difficult to see what you did wrong.

because except precise speed it also requires precise buffering, especially for 4 or more hits.

but the thing that confuses me the most about that motion is the on screen hit display

Sometimes LI occurs though it does not connect.

eg I do c.mp, c.mk, c.hp xx LI

c.mp, c.mk, c.hp register as 3 hits on screen. In order for the combo to happen must the hits continue to 30 (3 hits from p and k attacks + LI' 27 hits) ?

I ask because the hit count resets after c.hp, yet at that time the opponent is stunned from c.hp when LI connects, continuing at 27 hits.

I perform this on a training dummy only. But in an actual match, does the CPU or human opponent have time to react or block between c.hp and LI, even though the hit count resets prior to LI?

If so, then the combos are much less frustrating.