Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. I-No

random stuff: 5P anti air seems effective autoguarding her projectiles isn't very helpful since they hit too many times her crouch dash into the low hitting thingy goes under shitsu my knowledge of this matchup is totally astounding :psyduck:

Uh, I can't really remember anything about this match. I do remember auto guarding attacks that I knew were going to be high, aka her dashing at you and attacking = almost a free autoguard attack in my opinion. Also good to do that against oki that doesn't involve notes, but do involve dashing, since her only options (as far as I know) are air to ground which is auto guarded or beaten, land into low which 6K should beat before she lands, or land and dust/throw which should also both get beaten by 6K. Pretty sure her "low hitting thingy" can be beaten by a properly timed P stomp into free combo, or you could always fuujin it. Oh speaking of fuujin, it probably isn't a great idea to fuujin through a note that is thrown as an attempt to get in. And thats all i've got on this =/

i think you can hit her out of the "low hitting thingy" with low moves. fujin...eh i dunno when to use lol. we are all clearly too pro at this matchup

Hehe, fuujin through the part of the attack that hits. She if left opened unless she FRCs it. Would use similar timing to punish with a stomp. And yeah, we could probably write a book about this match up :P

you want to fujin stbt late if anything. otherwise stroke beats that shit free for a counter hit. you don't want to fujin a lot on wake up because you can be thrown out of it. random stomps won't help you. use safe crouching moves like 2s.

I hate this match up you cant guard point any thing she dose. She just spams her flying swurly spike thing. I need lots of help.

Uhhh...you can autoguard as long as her notes aren't in the way.Fuujin through notes (non-low level) is also heavily advised as it really hinders whatever offense she has.Her pressure strings can sometimes end in that low dash animation attack thingamajig (too lazy to look it up,but I think it's 63214S) and you'll eat shitloads of damage with oki.However,if she catches you blocking during her dash,you're in a world of guessing games.It can go High Low,High High,High High Low,High High High,or any of the previously mentioned mixed in with a throw.So keep guessing,the odds are,you'll get hit.

However,this matchup isn't THAT bad.We're probably making it sound worse than it actually is but 5P/6P also gives Ino troubles.Just watch out for those damn random far range K chemical loves so you don't give her a free oki.

1) Patience

2) get good at blocking

3) doing stupid shit like trying to 6p her just because she is in the air is dumb, if you're obvious she'll just drop, go low or use STBT and you will get combo'd. Stick to faster recovering and just as effective anti-air like 5p. If it misses you can always go into something else/block.

4) Doing full-screen butterflies? please stop. this is dumb.

5) I'd recommend avoiding guessing guard point stuff on wakeup, but doing it in the middle of her strings or near the end. Some moves are unpunishable normally on block (STBT, HCL), but you could SB or GP into a possible punish. Try mimicking her strings in training mode, and find a way through.

4) Doing full-screen butterflies? please stop. this is dumb.

Only dumb if the opponent is doing nothing, cause then they throw a curveball note and ruin you. Throwing a full screen butterfly in response to a thrown note is not quite as dumb since it will set the note off and produce an "eagle guard" for I-no's after note rush. Generally though, yeah, pretty dumb (why can't Anji zone at all? T-T)

Sign in to follow this