Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dorian

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic!

I thought My Little Pony was for little girls? Since someone went out of their way to do this, I assume not just little girls watch it?

The world is a strange place.

why do people do this

why is this

-why-

It's a government conspiracy. It all makes sense. Here, let me post what I posted in the old Netplay General:

Edit: I think I know who (did this). The American Government, tired of America losing money to Japan in tourneys, initiated "Operation Baby Fighter" in order to ingrain fighting game fundamentals in the newer generation at a young age, so they grow up to become fighting game gurus, and not let America get blown up in tourneys. This game is the fruit of their labor.

now japan will blow us up with fucking horsies

I just why

-why-

I don't want to see Tokido take JWong's money with a magical rainbow unicorn

Damn. Can't stop laughing now.

I thought My Little Pony was for little girls? Since someone went out of their way to do this, I assume not just little girls watch it?

The world is a strange place.

That's correct. Lauren Faust made the show so that anyone could enjoy it (or at least watch it and not cringe, especially when you compare it to the old MLPs), even adult men. For that last part, she succeeded beyond her expectations, by proof of the brony community's existence. To give you an idea of how big this community is, look up an average episode of the show on Youtube, and notice that the statistics for audience viewership are usually something along the lines of "This video is most popular with: Male 18-24, Male 25-34, and either Male 13-17 or a female statistic". Not to mention all the memes that are associated w/ the show, flame wars on 4chan over it, etc.

As for the people that made the game, it was said that they were seasoned fighting game players, so I'd assume they'd know at least a little about how to make a game like this. :/

i'm not familiar with the show but i see no gameplay reason to be excited :psyduck:

That's because there is none.

Shit's gonna be hype! Rainbow Dash main all the way!

...Unless Big Macintoch is in it, then i'll have to at least try him :P

I AM GOING TO LOVE AND TOLERATE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME!

srk gaying the thread dedicated to the game, no surprise there

oh boy. a few gatlings, launchers, and boring moves

who cares

i'm not familiar with the show but i see no gameplay reason to be excited :psyduck:

pre alpha stage

there arent moves, moves properties , or any gameplay thing that can be judged, its only to show some of the actual sprite work, and ost at best

Que pinche mamada.

:(

i didnt actually look at the srk thread, but this is one of the few times i dont see a reason to be all "FUCK SRK"

i mean seriously, it's a game where you play as recolored ponies with different hair/hats. maybe they have different in-show personalities, but..still.

pre alpha stage

there arent moves, moves properties , or any gameplay thing that can be judged, its only to show some of the actual sprite work, and ost at best

I don't see your point.

I realize it's pre-alpha state. But it still has nothing to be excited about. Why should I care about yet another fighter when there are TONS coming out, and most of those other ones at least give me a reason to want to play them?

I will seriously play fucking any fighter even if the cast is 100% composed of boring old men, just as long as the game has mechanics and shit that interest me a lot.

But, getting excited about something just because of a source material that has very little to do with fighting..is sort of like getting excited over MUGEN. :psyduck:

Not everything is about gameplay you know...

Learn to have fun. :/

i never said i didn't enjoy cool/entertaining/whatever characters, flashy attacks, etc :psyduck:

But you make it sound like you don't

Honestly I know NOTHING about the modern My Little Pony craze, I only want to play this game because it looks fun, I love that they turned this into a fighter taking it completely out of it's natural environment, and I respect how well it looks and moves, especially considering the entire cast is four legged. I'm really looking forward to see how the others will play.

That being sad I could care less if MLP was attached to it, hell you can make em all chickens and I'd still want to play this.

i mean seriously, it's a game where you play as recolored ponies with different hair/hats. maybe they have different in-show personalities, but..still.

YO! There's pegasi (pegasus'?), unicorns, earth ponies, etc. Some can use magic, some will probably be zoning or have flight modes.

There's tons of different playstyle potential, but thats alright; I'm going to love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

now japan will blow us up with fucking horsies

I just why

-why-

I don't want to see Tokido take JWong's money with a magical rainbow unicorn

Yo, you're my hero. What's worse is if we became better at it. They would be like "YOU PONEH PLAYA?"

I'd take Daigo, mago, and Tokido in FT10 on the alpha build on MLP right now! If they can run tournaments for wonderful world we can get down on MLP. Applejack and Rainbow Dash would Love and Tolerate the SHIT outta of all of them.

Just finished this, thought i'd share its incredible glory and joy with everyone. Every game needs Carlton Banks.:toot:

131111662952.jpg