Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroic_Legacy

[VS] Sasquatch: The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas

1. Fish bubble trap - the fish player here corners me and there's nothing I can do. I read that I'm suppose to Dark Force, but when?

frame-2 on wake-up, use the Darkforce w/ armor & do not jump! I'll link ya soon. This happens lots in losers finals of D&R-2013.

2. Jedah zoning - the local jedah player is nearly always airborne. I can get hits with j. forward, s. fierce, and c. fierce but it doesn't do much damage. He constantly zones me with wheels and airdashes and any hops are either met with a wheel or his airdash attacks.

Chicken block his airdash attack to create an opening. any time you get an air hit, you MUST turn this into a mixup. try, cr.lk, hp-throw, Short-hop-j.mp, or long-dash j.hk.

3. What to do after midscreen knockdown - I know I'm not supposed to pursuit. Right now I've just been doing j. roundhouse on their head and hoping for a 50/50. It's hard for me to do hops if they roll away from me.
Three short dashes will cover all wake-up options. so, short-dash, land, short-dash j.hk, confirm which way they rolled, do a final short-dash at them for whatever mixup you's prefer.

frame-2 on wake-up, use the Darkforce w/ armor & do not jump! I'll link ya soon. This happens lots in losers finals of D&R-2013.

Chicken block his airdash attack to create an opening. any time you get an air hit, you MUST turn this into a mixup. try, cr.lk, hp-throw, Short-hop-j.mp, or long-dash j.hk.

Three short dashes will cover all wake-up options. so, short-dash, land, short-dash j.hk, confirm which way they rolled, do a final short-dash at them for whatever mixup you's prefer.

wow, thanks! this is exactly what i needed.

1. is there an easy way to punish ES Beast Cannon while Gallon is flying around?

2. people say gallon/sas is in sas' favor but i have trouble AAing him and felicia because of their fast jump speed.

3. are there any tricks to short-hopping faster? i can't do it as fast as i see in match videos where they can SH across the whole screen like it's a marvel wavedash.

wow, thanks! this is exactly what i needed.

1. is there an easy way to punish ES Beast Cannon while Gallon is flying around?

2. people say gallon/sas is in sas' favor but i have trouble AAing him and felicia because of their fast jump speed.

3. are there any tricks to short-hopping faster? i can't do it as fast as i see in match videos where they can SH across the whole screen like it's a marvel wavedash.

1. My suggestion to you is to find safe points while he's flying around to use ES Towers. ES Towers just stops Wolf in his tracks, myself included.

2. Don't AA him. AG him.

for instant short hops: as sson as you press towards the second time, hold down+back.

66~[1]

for instant short hops: as sson as you press towards the second time, hold down+back.

66~[1]

What's the benefit of doing this over 66~4? Wouldn't it be quicker to both go to 4 and to go back to 6 after the 4?

personal preference.

Sasquatch-

Can short-hop over short crouchers & 1-frame ES-Big Brunch before the turn around w/ input of 6, 6321[4]PP.

Short-hop into hp-throw is a super effective way to punish tech-hits & jump outs w/o losing momentum on a st.mp.

When opponents manage to get above the rollercoaster-squatch, the go-to answer is always st.hp & a short-hop on the reset.

vs Qbee, corner OKI w/ j.hp~j.hk. Can easily land into a throw to cover all jump outs and put the bee on the ground.

Against short crouchers a short-hop j,hk is a fun cross-up (which most sas players know), but the new trick here is when the opponent actually stand blocks and Sas never crosses. This is an amazing throw setup. The opponent recovers just as Sas lands. I recommend a normal throw to OS the jump too.

When fighting a defensive Bishamon, your goal is to walk him to the corner to take away his zoning game. This takes patience & Time. Just Tech-Hit and advance.