Sign in to follow this  
Korey

[VS] Gaming/Online Information/Console Differences/Dipswitches

Howdy folks!. As many of you realize, Vampire has a growing, mostly online community. Luckily there are many programs you can use to play VSav online. I'll detail them here:

GGPO- This is where the majority of the VSav community plays. The netcode for Vampire is nearly flawless (the new build does add some crazy rollbacks when specs join/leave the game and some other weird lag spikes), but it's by far the best program to play VS on. This requires the ROM of vsav.zip (euro)

Supercade- Supercade is a P2P (Peer to Peer) based client run by Damdai. It boasts the ability to have replays, and that's really the only thing it has over GGPO. The netplay isn't as good and creates some pretty nasty input lag, which in a game like Vampire is pretty essential. the Vsav community uses it when GGPO is down. This requires the ROM of vsav.zip (euro)

Kaillera P2P- Some people use this function of Kaillera to play VSav. It's useful to avoid lag from Specs and I don't think it has input lag ( don't really use it). It's rather easy to set up too. Just get your opponents IP, host a game and gogogogogogo. This requires the ROM of vsav.zip (euro)

If anyone else uses another service, just let me know :keke:

Arcade Boards are the best!

Edited by Kyle

Should we maybe try to get a location listing for arcades that have the game? I know its a lot more prevalent than newer games, but it might still be useful. The rhythm gaming community does this for their arcade games (cause most of them are super rare).

also, as far as ports go, if you do not have the means to puchase/assemble a supercade listed are the important ported versions, with brief description:

ps2, Vampire Collections(jp only) - japan had recently released a "collections" disk for playstation 2. The Vampire savior version has hidden dipswitches, which allow for arcade perfect play(which is all that matters).

sega saturn Vsav - All frames of animation are in it. No tweaking to any frame data was done. not sure if any unblockable glitches were in it.

Dreamcast Vampire Collections - It has a record/play mode, enabling you to practice tech/gc timing with it.

The psx and psp versions, don't really have anything to offer.(cut frames of animation, altered frame data/properties)

As for the Sega Saturn version the 4 meg ram cart is required. Which shouldn't be a problem if you have an Action Replay, but needed to be said if you have a Japanese Saturn without the cart.

Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati has (2) boards and active caibinets for Vampire Savior.

Game Galaxy in Nashville area has a board, but you'll have to request for the game to be used.

Lexington Kentucky has Kajoq's Supergun. Arcade perfect. Always looking for players/company etc.

In Seattle Julius Blaze owns a arcade setup, always looking for more players.

Brotha can always use more bus money :keke:

Stuff

I'll try and do some more Googling and see if I come up with anything... that's how I found the first set of star descriptions I posted.

EDIT: Here we go, found some more already. Unfortunately, I don't actually have this game so I can't verify them myself, but I'm sure it will make things easier on those who do have the game to verify each star's effect if we have an idea of what each one does. Also, note that I have very little knowledge of Japanese and am mostly relying on online sources to translate these... If anyone who is more well-versed in Japanese can correct any of these, I'd be much obliged.

EDIT: Found a few more! source: http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cach...ークストーカーズコレクション" option&hl=en&client=firefox-a

For the original Vampire:

01-14: 6-button chains allowed

01-15: Cancelling from a missed move is possible

02-01: Techniques come out easier?

02-02: Auto-guard is selectable

02-03: Air chains are possible

For Vampire Hunter:

01-02: Bishamon's ES Kirisute Gomen doesn't use up any meter

01-11: Phobos/Huitzil's jumping MP has knockdown

03-05: Chain cancelling allowed

03-06: Auto-Guard is like that of Savior (inifinite uses)

03-07: Air chains are possible

03-09: ?? Something about Anakaris's dancing coffins and button presses

For Vampire Savior:

03-12: Chain cancelling

For Vampire Savior Arrange:

04-02: Dee replaces random select on character screen

04-08: Chain cancelling

For Vampire Hunter 2:

02-13: Chain cancelling

02-14: Air chains

For Vampire Hunter 2 Arrange:

02-14: Dee replaces random select on character screen

03-03: Chain cancelling

03-04: Air chains

For Vampire Savior 2:

02-15: Chain cancelling

02-16: Air chains

For Vampire Savior 2 Arrange:

02-14: Dee replaces random select on character screen

03-03: Chain cancelling

03-04: Air chains

More to come later, hopefully...

EDIT 2: Interestingly enough, from what little I can comprehend of the source thread I posted, they appear to be discussing the announcer sounds... so the issue you brought up might be widespread, and not just an effect of the swap system you're using, Midnight. Reading "Tech Hit! Kahahahahahaaaa!" in katakana really amuses me for some reason... >D

One last note: I've heard a few mentions of a secret difficulty mode, Nightmare. Not sure how to acquire it.

Combination Cup Link;

http://www.vampire-dcc.com/column/

The American port of Vampire Savior - Darkstalkers 3 - shares the gameplay engines (as well as story mode transitions) of Vampire Savior, Vamipire Savior 2, and Vampire Hunter 2, respectively. Dark Force Change was intended for Savior 1's gameplay, while Dark Force Power was intended for Savior 2's.

The only thing in relation with Hunter 2 was the fact Donovan, Phobos, and Pyron were added to complement both gameplay styles, and Pyron, naturally, was the end boss if you set it to Hunter 2 settings in single player mode.

Vampire Chronicle (released on PSP and import Dreamcast with a limit of 5000 copies) shared the gameplay engines of not only the above mentioned games, but also Hunter 1 and Vampire. Meaning Demitri's other Chaos Flare animation can be seen as well as Felicia's Litterbox Kick, just to name a few old moves. However, the single player mode is the same lackluster result as Savior 2.

However, in Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection (released on import PS2), there is a hidden character named Dee (an evil version of Donovan originally intended for Hunter 2), who is basically a hybrid of Donovan's specials and Demitri's normals. A damn shame you couldn't play the grown up Anita though.

hat is exactly wrong with the DC version? some specific would help a brotha out.

I'll answer this one. Like sanjuro said this game is hyper darkstalkers and their is nothing wrong with that. However, if you are looking for an arcade perfect version out of it, that shit is not happening. The game has the st character size sprites. I'm not sure if the hit boxes are different. The characters although mostly accurate are missing some of their gimmicks like glitch's, unblockables, etc. Also this game even though you can pick the mode of play it still runs on the Vampire Savior engine. As a standalone game its good, but as for arcade perfection its not even close.

As for the ps2 version Vampire Collection this one was made for accuracy. It pretty this game has the same design features as the alpha anthology (in fact the template for alpha anthology came from this game). It has all the series in its entirety excluding chronicles so those games are: Vampire- The Night Warriors/ Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors, Vampire Hunter- Darkstalkers Revenge/ Nightwarriors Darkstalkers Revenge, Vampire Savior Jedah's damnation, Vampire Savior 2, Vampire Hunter 2, and some pretty pictures in an art gallery. Each one of these ports are pretty accurate as you can use the dipswitch setting (ala alpha anthology to make them accurate to the game your playing). We used this version

-Anakaris- Nothing has changed. all his normals and special moves still function the same. All combos still work

-Aulbath/Rikuo- I would say that this character is pretty faithful to his vampire savior form. All his combos work the bubble trap works.

-BBhood/Bulleta- I'm not a bbhood expert but it seems that she still has the massive frame advantage on her far standing jab. I tried to do the dashing infinite but failed because I lack the execution to preform it in the game. I'm sure it is possible though. Otherwise everything else should be faithful to vs.

Bishamon- there is only one dynamic change I found. In the dc version, he can do crouching short x3 into spirit summon but cannot do es spirit summon, as the es versions starts off to close to his body the dc version. In VS, the effect is the opposite but for different reasons. In VS, you can only combo into a spirit summon if you es it after one hit, (therefore c.lk x3 into hcf p does not work in vs with out you burning meter). The reason for this is that the regular version of spirit summon has to slow of a start up in VS, so the further you are the lower the chance you have to combo it in. Other than that everything works sans the unblockable.

Dimitri- Nothing has changed still fireball zoning and uppercuts. All combos work

Felicia- Kitty helper still function normal all combos work.

Gallon/Iori/Jon tizlle - From what I can gather He still works the same. He still has his juggle state off of an anti air beast cannon into d,u, es flash kick move that does not need charge. I can not get beast mirage combos to work off of his dash because I suck. However, he still retains his massive damage off of dark force beast mirage into es nunchuaku during beast mirage. Beast cannon still functions the same as well.

Jedah- Nothing I could find. Everything function fine. I cannot do the dashing infinite on regular vs anyway. Also his regular darkforce fly combos still work as well.

Lei Lei- As usual I can not find anything worth mentioning. All combos work the same nothing is changed

Lilith- She did not change, even her juggle state in darkforce is still intact. lilith can juggle the opponent in the corner after you use a dp or a merry turn with repeated tiger knee fireballs while the opponent is in the air during Darkforce 1 (lp+lk or mp + mk activate).

Morrigan- didn't play her but I'm sure all her shit still works.

sasquatch- still works

Q-bee- I did some testing and everything seems fine. Hell even her air lighting kick on a blocked air opponent still does massive chip damage on block.

Zabel- still has all his b&b's their fore he is the same.

In conclusion, Think of this version as vampire savior upper. Most everything works that is not a glitch from the original Vampire savior. I think the game is still pretty balanced even in this form and could actually be used for competitive play.

off hand, I know lilith and bb lost dash links. qbee lost c.fierce, +c.mp.

[Mario G]

Edited by Kyle

Would this be the appropriate place to compile usernames for GGPO, Supercade etc. ?

Edit:

Perhaps a player database for each character?

Edited by Prophet

If you're talking about GGPO online, The savestate defaults to Turbo 3.

If you're talking about using GGPOfba to play offline, You'll need to hit F2 to go into the dipswitch menu, then Configuration then Game

From Felineki @SRK post #167: Original Thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/vampire-community-thread-ggpo-hitbox-overlay-dustloop-tutorial-2-and-why-you-lose-to-me.119829/page-4#post-4755527

For those who have the PS2 Darkstalkers Collection, I recently attempted to translate what seems to be the most thorough documentation of the Secret Option dipswitches as seen at Shu's Darkstalkers Frame Data site. The description refers to the effect when the switch is on (star is filled). They're numbered by row, then column. Keep in mind that my Japanese isn't perfect and that I don't have full understanding of some of the effects, so they might not be 100% accurate; they should be in the right ballpark, though. I'll continue to update this post as I come across more information and clarifications.

VAMPIRE

1-1: Demitri's Bat Spin can't be continued by repeatedly inputting the command.

1-2: Aulbath's crouching hard punch is an overhead.

1-3: Startup of Morrigan's Darkness Illusion is unblockable at point blank range.

1-4: Unknown.

1-5: Whiffing a Mega Spike causes Victor to become unable to perform specials. (? Haven't verified this yet.)

1-6: Glitch which causes P1 Demitri to remain invisible if he is grabbed during Bat Spin startup by P2 Demitri's Midnight Pleasure.

1-7: Phobos is hittable during his mid-air chopped in half animation (such as caused by Bishmon's Oni Kubi Hineri).

1-8: Anakaris's jumping light punch glitch: When it hits at a certain range/angle, the opponent behaves oddly (as if they had blocked), and the hit is counted as comboed into whatever attack hits next.

1-9: Anakaris Pharaoh Magic glitches: If a successful Pharaoh Magic is interrupted, then the hits that were made up until the interruption will count as being comboed into whatever hits next. Also, if he is interrupted while the opponent is frozen by the ice hit, they will remain frozen until he hits them with something.

1-10: If an opponent in a hittable midair knockdown state is hit just as they reach the ground, they'll transition into a ground hitstun state (similar to SF3 Gill).

1-11: Arcade version credit roll.

1-12: If Phobos is hit during crouching hitstun, he'll transition to standing hitstun (same as SF2 Honda and Blanka).

1-13: Unknown.

1-14: Chain combos become Hunter style (punch-to-kick is possible, and input is more lenient).

1-15: Whiffed moves can be canceled.

1-16: Player 1 has an advantage on air throws.

2-1: Input recognition becomes more lenient (similar to later games in the series).

2-2: Auto-guard is selectable.

2-3: Chain combos can be performed in midair.

2-4: Unknown.

Phenomena that cannot be changed via options (the same no matter whether all stars are on or off).

Ability to change the hitstun length of a jumping light attack by pressing a medium or hard button the instant that it hits.

Demitri, Aulbath and Zabel are able to crossup cornered Victor, Sasquatch and Phobos.

Jumping attacks with long active periods (jumping light punches and such) are capable of being blocked in midair then hitting again if the opponent lands while the attack is still active.

Once Gallon, Zabel, Morrigan or Aulbath block an attack in midair, they are unable to midair block any subsequent attacks that aren't part of the same blockstring.

If Morrigan is hit during one of her crouching attacks, she goes into standing hitstun.

Aulbath can cancel an attack into backdash, then cancel the startup of that backdash into a forward dash.

Phobos's Might Launcher can be unblockable. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)

If Phobos is hit during his crouching turn around animation, he goes into standing hitstun.

VAMPIRE HUNTER

1-1: Arcade version credit roll.

1-2: Phobos glitches: 1. If you hit a midair opponent with Confusioner just before losing by time out, the opponent will do their winpose in midair. This works even if you trade an attack with the opponent. 2. If you hit a Conusioner-affected opponent with ES Genocide Vulcan, the whole attack will hit even if the Confusioner effect runs out mid-attack. 3. Similar to the last point, ES Circuit Scrapper can't be escaped partway through by having Confusioner effect run out.

1-3: Gallon's ES Wild Circular uses up all his remaining gauge stocks.

1-4: Felicia's ES Hell Cat uses up all her remaining gauge stocks.

1-5: Bishamon's ES Kirisute Gomen uses up none of his gauge stocks.

1-6: Aulbath's ES Crystal Lancer uses up all of his remaining gauge stocks.

1-7: Aulbath's ES Sky Neptune uses up all of his remaining gauge stocks.

1-8: Pyron's ES Planet Burning uses up all of his remaining gauge stocks.

1-9: Aulbath can perform a pursuit attack while the opponent is getting hit by Sea Rage.

1-10: Lei-Lei can dash and perform attacks during spinning fall state (as caused by Aulbath's Aqua Spread, Phobos's Circuit Scrapper, and Lei-Lei's Houtengeki).

1-11: Phobo's jumping medium punch causes knockdown.

1-12: Phobos is hittable during his mid-air chopped in half animation (such as caused by Bishmon's Oni Kubi Hineri).

1-13: Lei-Lei can warp by inputting left->right in 2 frames.

1-14: Unknown.

1-15: If Victor is thrown during Great Gerdeheim's startup, its effect will persist until the end of the round.

1-16: Zabel is hittable during burned animation caused by a multi-hit burn attack if it hits him while he's in midair.

2-1: Felicia is hittable during burned animation caused by a multi-hit burn attack.

2-2 Bishamon can perform Tsuji Hayate and Kaeshi Ha even if Hane Ha is blocked.

2-3: Unknown.

2-4: Felcia's Please Help Me Glitch: If Felicia is hit before Lucy makes contact with the opponent, then attempts Please Help Me again, the first Lucy will regain the ability to hit the opponent, and if she does the number of hits will increase and the dust clouds won't disappear.

2-5: Gallon has invincibility during the recovery of his far-range standing medium punch.

2-6: Anakaris Pharaoh Magic glitches: If a successful Pharaoh Magic is interrupted, then the hits that were made up until the interruption will count as being comboed into whatever hits next. Also, if he is interrupted while the opponent is frozen by the ice hit, they will remain frozen until he hits them with something.

2-7: Canceling into Sasquatch's Big Eisbahn from his standing medium punch causes the ice to appear instantly.

2-8: Unknown.

2-9: Glitch that causes ES projectiles to temporarily freeze in place. (This is apparently done by having an ES Projectile come into contact with the opponent at the exact instant it should be canceled out by another ES projectile that is pushing against it. The projectile will freeze in place, unable to hit, for a short time then automatically start to move again while regaining its ability to hit.)

2-10: Glitch which causes P1 Demitri to remain invisible if he is grabbed during Bat Spin startup by P2 Demitri's Midnight Pleasure.

2-11: The very end of Donovan's Change Immortal automatically causes the opponent to midair block.

2-12: Unknown.

2-13: Glitches with Donovan's dash moves: When he has the sword, during a dash his standing punches behave as if he didn't have the sword when performed at close range. When he doesn't have the sword, during a dash his standing punches behave as if he did have the sword if performed at long range. His light kick is also uncancelable during a dash.

2-14: Sasquatch's ES Big Snow can only be performed with LP + MP.

2-15: Zabel's ES Death Hurricane can only be performed with LK + MK or KKK.

2-16: Unknown.

3-1: If Anakaris tries to use ES Kotodama Kaeshi (Spit) after swallowing Lei-Lei's Ankihou, it will come out as a regular light Ankihou but still use up a gauge stock. (If this star is turned off, he can't perform ES Kotodama Kaeshi (Spit) at all after swallowing Lei-Lei's Ankihou.)

3-2: Unknown.

3-3: Player 1 has an advantage on air throws.

3-4: Dash input becomes more lenient.

3-5: Specials/EXs can be cancelled into from chain combos.

3-6: Auto-guard becomes Savior-style (No limit on number of times, No auto-chaining, chip damage is received on auto-guard).

3-7: Chain combos can be performed in midair.

3-8: Chain combos can be performed during air dashes.

3-9: Anakaris's Hitsuji no Mai only comes out on button press or release (can't be performed by holding buttons down).

3-10: Once he has charged back, as long as he holds a forward direction (down-forward and up-forward count) Bishamon can perform ES Iai Giri (similar to SSF2T Honda and Chun-Li).

Phenomena that cannot be changed via options (the same no matter whether all stars are on or off).

Ability to change the hitstun length of a jumping light attack by pressing a medium or hard button the instant that it hits.

Auto-guard allows an opponent under the effect of Phobo's Confusioner to block.

Lei-Lei's Henkyouki can;t be crouch blocked by some characters.

Lei-Lei's ES Ankihou can be performed with a punch and kick button of different strengths.

Lei-Lei continues to flash red while performing an attack from a canceled ES Senpuubu, and if that attack defeats the opponent it is counted as an ES KO.

From opposite corners of the screen, Pyron is unable to standing block Lei-Lei's medium Ankihou.

If Morrigan is hit during one of her crouching attacks, she goes into standing hitstun.

Felicia is able to hit with light kick etc. an opponent that has been hit with Please Help Me before they are knocked down.

Aulbath can cancel an attack into backdash, then cancel the startup of that backdash into a forward dash.

Aulbath's Sonic Wave and Poison Breath can hit an opponent under the effect of Water Jail (in the 1995/03/02 arcade veriosn, they can't).

If Sasquatch performs ES Big Towers while a Big Snow projectile is on the screen, the icicles will only come out forward.

The startup of Phobos's Genocide Vulcan can't be standing blocked by some characters.

Phobos's Might Launcher can be unblockable. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)

Glitch that causes Phobos to freeze in his ES pursuit attack pose. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)

Phobos's pursuit attack can hit a knocked down opponent the instant they first touch the ground, preventing them from bouncing.

If Phobos is interrupted during a multi-hit attack that causes frozen in ice state, the frozen opponent remains hittable in midair.

If Phobos is hit during his crouching turn around animation, he goes into standing hitstun.

VAMPIRE SAVIOR

1-1: Some ES Guard Cancels are unblockable during startup. (Lilith, Demitri, Morrigan, Anakaris, Dark Force Zabel, Felicia, Bishamon)

1-2: At the end of the match, the third eye of the fetus in the Fetus of God stage won't appear.

1-3: Zabel getting an afro during his MK winpose is random. (If turned off, it can be activated with MK + Select.)

1-4: Zabel getting an afro during his Dark Force startup is random. (If turned off, it can be activated by holding down select while activating Dark Force.)

1-5: Zabel's dash attacks can be canceled into dashes.

1-6: Anakaris is invincible after landing a midair Pharaoh magic.

1-7: Anakaris kicking out a big Khybit along with the opponent after landing an ES Mirra Drop is random. (If turned off, it can be activated by holding down select.)

1-8: The big Khybit coming out during Anakaris's taunt is random. (If turned off, holding down LK while taunting will get a big Khybit.)

1-9: Anakaris's punches are unblockable during Dark Force.

1-10: Unknown.

1-11: Unknown.

1-12: Morrigan's secret winposes require a random chance in addition to certain conditions being met. (If turned off, they can be selected with LP + LK, MP + MK, and HP + HK.)

1-13: Unknown.

1-14: The big coin during Anakaris's LK winpose is random. (If turned off, big coins will come out while select is held down.)

1-15: The desynchronization between Lei-Lei and Mei-Ling during their MK winpose is random. (If turned off, it can be activated with MK + Select.)

1-16: Unknown.

2-1: Certain moves can become unblockable at certain close ranges: Bishamon's ES Karame Tamashii, Enma Seki, and midair Karame Tamashii, Anakaris's Pharaoh Magic and jumping kicks.

2-2: Bulleta's Cheer & Fire can be unblockable. (After a certain point during the animation, it becomes unblockable: LP is frame 15, MP is frame 19, HP is frame 24. This is after the active portion of the attack begins, so it has to be a meaty hit to be unblockable.)

2-3: Glitches involving afterimage/clone-type Dark Forces: 1. After Lilith starts and ends a LP + LK or MP + MK Dark Force, she can be juggled by the afterimage/clone attacks of Lilith's HP +HK Dark Force, and Morrigan and Gallon's Dark Forces. 2. After Felicia starts and ends a Dark Force, she can't be hit by the afterimages/clones from Morrigan's Dark Force and Darkness Illusion. Liliths HP + HK Dark force and Luminous Illusion, and Gallon's Dark Force. (It's also possible for Gallon's attacks to miss some hits.) 3. After Lei-Lei's opponent is hit by the spikeballs from her Tenraiha, she can't be hit by the afterimages/clones from Morrigan's Dark Force and Darkness Illusion. Liliths HP + HK Dark force and Luminous Illusion, and Gallon's Dark Force. (It's also possible for Gallon's attacks to miss some hits.) These glitches lose effect once a projectile is thrown.

2-4: 1. Glitch that causes certain throws to dizzy when teched out of them (Bishamon, Zabel, Aulbath). (Note: Don't understand this one...) 2. When trading hits with Bishamon's ES Hayate, you still go into the seppuku animation (although you don't take damage from it, you can be hit out of it).

2-5: Zabel doesn't get meter for whiffing his down + kick attacks during an air dash.

2-6: Zabel doesn't get meter for whiffing normals during a dash or air dash.

2-7: Unknown.

2-8: Anakaris is unable to perform ES Hitsuji no Mai right after the match starts. (?)

2-9: Unknown.

2-10: After air blocking an attack, Felicia becomes able to block ground based attacks until she reaches the ground.

2-11: Unknown.

2-12: Zabel is hittable during his standing chopped in half animation.

2-13: The very end of Zabel's jumping light kick is unblockable.

2-14: Unknown.

2-15: Glitch that causes Lilith's LP + LK or MP +MK clone to not disappear. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)

2-16: Zabel is able to block during the recovery of his jumping light and medium punches.

3-1: Unknown.

3-2: Arcade version credit roll.

3-3: After whiffing an attack during an air dash, Zabel is able to use the same attack again before he lands.

3-4: Unknown.

3-5: Unknown.

3-6: Sometimes Aulbath's Poison Breath and Sonic Wave won't hit an opponent under the effect of Water Jail. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)

3-7: Gallon's ES Beast Cannon can be unblockable. (Upon changing direction from a straight down rush, a period of approximately 10 frames during which the opponent is unable to block is activated.)

3-8: After Felicia performs Head Ride or Cat Clinch, until the opponent enter a neutral state, they'll be knocked down by any attack that should cause reset.

3-9: Q-Bee has invincibility on missed throws.

3-10: Unknown.

3-11: Glitch that causes Q-Bee's attacks to have no pushback against a cornered opponent. (Note: Don't know how this is done...)

3-12: Specials/EXs can be canceled into from chain combos.

After Anakaris performs a midair special, he can air block ground-based attacks.

When performing Zabel's Hell Gate with multiple simultaneous buttons, he'll appear slightly to the left of where he would when performed with LK.

Zabel's forward + MK gives him less meter than is usual for a medium attack.

After Lei-Lei performs an ES Senpuubu, until she enters a neutral state she won't flash upon performing an ES or EX move.

Lei-Lei can cancel whiffed medium and hard punches into specials during an air dash.

Gallon's Dark Force afterimages can hit opponents during wakeup.

Felicia's Rolling Buckler uppercut causes bizarre blowback on trade.

If Sasquatch's Big Eisbahn is interrupted by Felicia's Head Ride (right around when the ice appears), the ice will remain.

Bishamon can perform Tamashii Yose and hit the opponent before they go into the air, putting them into standing hitstun.

Edited by Kyle

Thanks Kyle! Really interesting to know since I can't read Japanese and the menu doesn't tell you much when your setting dips.

sega saturn Vsav - All frames of animation are in it. No tweaking to any frame data was done. not sure if any unblockable glitches were in it.

Saturn Version: Missing some animations and has more links then the arcade.

Which is correct?

Holy crap, didn't realize the PS2 collection had input lag... but I ever play the CPS2 board. Anyone know how bad the lag is? Is there a video demonstrating this somewhere?

So, does anyone here actually have firsthand experience trying the Saturn version? I'm thinking of buying it to see what's good, as soon as I have the money.

As for the input lag in Versus Mode...I've almost never played 2P mode, but I've never had a rough time pulling off any precise maneuvers (at least, no more than usual), so I'd say the Input Lag isn't extreme. The bigger peculiarity is that the "Tech Hit" noise when performing an AG comes like, a full second after the AG. It's really, really weird.

I should stress, however, that the Training Mode is just fine. It's probably the best way to practice combos while also looking at each attack's/combo's white, red, and total damage.

Which PCB is the one that is the best version?

I'm interested in this, too...

I think there are sound differences between different regions... For example, Lei Lei says something different in one of her opening animations, but besides this, I suposse it's the same gameplay with no frame differences, etc between USA, Euro and JPN versions.

I'm interested in this, too...

I think there are sound differences between different regions... For example, Lei Lei says something different in one of her opening animations, but besides this, I suposse it's the same gameplay with no frame differences, etc between USA, Euro and JPN versions.

To be specific, it's her sister saying "Ikuyo Lei-Lei" (Let's go Lei-Lei!).

Silly piece of info I felt compelled to impart.

Carry on.

Though I do wonder why the overseas releases don't have it.

Edited by GWONAM

Giga Wing's attract mode seems to lose sync with music. The problem seems to happen due to gfx drawing slowing to much when screen colors fade out. This problem could be due to the 68k being clocked at 11.8mhz when the hardware has a 16mhz crystal on it. Various timing loops show 11.8 being the average speed of the cpu and this does run true when comparing emulation and real hardware when timing is not based on Vsync (ssf2 and ssf2t for example). It is possible that what is slowing the cpu is read/write wait states when accessing RAM areas. This would mean that in places where lots of opcodes are being used in connetion with data registers only the code would end up running to slow.

This was taken from Mame's source. This is the reason why emulation of the cps2 is always too fast as they're setting the cpu to run at 16 mhz instead of 11.8 mhz. And, them talking about how bad Capcom is at coding too.

This could also be used on mame-rr to get a better cpu speed where we currently have it running 75%. Now we can have it on the upper end of 73% so it'll be even closer to the actual board.

Not sure if this is an ok place to put this but i've sitting down writing the differences between Chronicle and the original arcade versions. I've only been working on Hunter on and off past couple days.

System

Ground Chains are the same as in Vampire Savior

Fireballs desipate instead of a tug of war.

Victor

ES Dash Punch doesn't juggle airborn opponents

Forward Dash covers more ground

Electric Normals require less time being held

Zabel

Punch Throw has the kick back animation.

Aulbath

No Infinite

Phobos

Normals that are different 5HP, 5HK, 5MK, more

New Normals close HP, could have more

Flight is different, Different speed, different height

Crouch walking speed is slower

Float projectile is different and doesn't last as long

Pyron

No Double Pounce

Dive Punch air chains removed

Cross up tatsu tactics don't work

As far as differences in Chronicle go, I've heard that Savior Morrigan's c.MK is a mid when it was a low in the arcade, and Original/Hunter Aulbath's Screw Jet is an overhead (?) when it was a mid in the arcade.

One big difference I notice while hacking it the damage difference. The health on Savior and Savior 2 is 288 while Chronicle has it at 144(Same as Hunter and the original/first one).

Savior 2 Lilith

Dunno if this is possible on arcade, but you could Air link LP to LK then into a LI(I'm sure it is possible).

Edit:

As far as differences in Chronicle go, I've heard that Savior Morrigan's c.MK is a mid when it was a low in the arcade, and Original/Hunter Aulbath's Screw Jet is an overhead (?) when it was a mid in the arcade.

I found my first PSP/DC difference. Only on the DC version of chronicle the Screw Jet is an over head. but yeah Savior Morrigan 2MK is a mid on both.

Edited by jedpossum

Interesting thread about getting GGPO to run through LAN or direct connect (sorry, didn't know where else to put it):

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ggpo-in-p2p-lan.160583/

Might be useful for times that GGPO is down or no one can connect to each other.

I noticed something in there called fba_ggpo_perfmon.cpp too.

Seems like it's supposed to draw a bunch of network performance data, yet I've never heard of anyone calling it up.

Would any programmer here be willing to try and able to enable that in a special build?

Sign in to follow this