Sign in to follow this  
Korey

[VS] Gaming/Online Information/Console Differences/Dipswitches

Hell you can use the same port as long it isn't on the same computer. It wasn't too long ago me and Fayk was testing with the p2p. The Performance data is possible to get with out a special build forgot the key combination for it.

0.25 kbps

Found it! It's alt+S to bring up the stats monitor.

Shows the realtime ping, and some stats about frames.

I see frames going from -4 to +10 on both sides, not sure what everything means yet.

@Jed: Would be be kind enough to detail the exact system difference from VSAV to VSAV2?

I recall hearing something about air chains and DarkForces being altered. anything else?

Here's what I've found so far:

http://dammit.typepad.com/blog/2010/07/vsav2-nerfs-revealed.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ass5iE_E05JhdGMtNDVjQjhFb29JTUVuX2xBR2tTVHc&authkey=CKHSovsH&hl=en&authkey=CKHSovsH#gid=0

Edited by Kyle

VSAV2 changes from VSAV.

FYI

I don't have a full list of differences but here is the mechanics:

Air Links

ES moves cost half a bar (the one where characters turn blue).

EX moves still cost 1 level (Chase the Rainbow) and the old dark forces(Change Dark force) have become ex moves.

Dark Force cost 2 levels and every character has the same Dark Force now. You get Air Chains and the white damage is now red damage.

Throws have a shorter start up.

Dash Links have been removed.

I believe most of the glitched unblockables been fixed.

Oboro Bishamon now playable and added a boss version as well.

Removed Shadow Gallon (Hunter 2).

Hit box changes

Example Felicia

yoCp1.png

a8i1t.png

There is more just don't feel like looking and comparing to other ones. Rotanibor was the one to notice hit box differences.

Edited by Kyle

VSAV2 changes from VSAV.

FYI

Characters and moves have different hitboxes.

Any sort of air chains have been removed, including dash links.

Moves that cross up have had their hitboxes altered so that they don't cross up.

Some characters have new moves (either GC-only moves that became specials, or moves that weren't in VSav like Morrigan's drill).

Some moves have had their properties altered for utility or for the purpose of removing unblockables. For example, Lilith's S.Hk is now an overhead. Or, BB Hood's J.Hk has a much shorter window from the startup to the landmine exploding, which effectively removes her unblockable setup.

Dark Forces now turn all damage into red damage, and IIRC the same thing is true for you (i.e any attacks you take in Dark Force will be all red damage). Dark Force can be activated while moving - there's no startup or cooldown freeze anymore (similar to characters in VSav who had flying DFs).

Old Dark Forces are now command EX moves.

And, that's all I remember from my personal observations.

Edited by Kyle

VSAV2 changes from VSAV.

FYI

Throw invulnerability in reversal situations was made almost non-existent in VS2/VH2. That's why you have that weird Bishamon throw tech loop that you see in the Darkstalkers Carnival matches.

Edited by Kyle

An other thing that is differen in vsav 2 are zabel standing lp and mp, in savior 1 you can hit you opponent even if you are very close to him.

in savior 2 the moves won't hit and you will pass trhought you opponent model

Darkstalkers Resurrection releases for PS3 on March 12th 2013 & XBOX 360 on March 13th 2013. This is cited as Arcade perfect versions of Vampire Savior & Hunter.

This will be reviewed & confirmed upon the release. DS:R includes online play, replay's, challenges, training, versus & arcade mode. XD

Edited by Kyle

Have this on PS1, PS3 and just got it for Saturn...but there is no training mode on the Saturn version??? It just shows Arcade, vs, and options...

Sign in to follow this