Sign in to follow this  

BBCS2 stun recovery tips

I dont really wanna get into a discussion about auto recovery vs manual recovery. Blazblue's recovery system seems to be unique to all the other fighting games i've played before. You dont just need to press buttons when you are in air or something but you will have to wait for the stun to disappear?

Right now I am just mashing A/B/C randomly a few times a second and I guess it works but...its really... nooblike...not to mention, sexually frustrating. So I want to know how good players does it. Is there a consistent way? I dont wanna have to learn combos of every character to learn what connects and what I can recover out of.

Every move has a fixed time where if it hits you whilst you're airborne, you can't recover. This time gets shorter slightly as the combo prorates more and more. The advance input feature of BB lets you input a tech up to 5 frames sooner than you can if you are still holding down the button when you can tech. So rhythmic mashing can actually work most of the time. The real issue is more that trying to tech asap every time will just get you destroyed by experienced players who will know when you can recover and be waiting with a throw or some other well timed move to pressure you further (Or with Tager, a complete unblockable). Mix it up, and learn which moves are desirable for teching and which are not and when.

Most players do kinda mash on A/B/C during hitstun in hopes for the combo to drop and they get a chance to recover. As you play more and against more experienced players (AKA players who almost never drop their combos) you'll find there specific points in each combo where you can tech because the combo is over. At this point, you can press the tech button calmly and recover, usually into a defensive stance and block. If you mash the A/B/C button too hard while trying to recover, you might recover and then end up getting counter hit (because the game would have read you as attempting to attack after you recovered).

Your best bet for now is to (not mash) continue pressing the A/B/C during hitstun and stop AS SOON as you recover. As you get better and play better people, you'll just naturally learn the rhythm of other character's combos, and when to press tech.

Be careful though, as some characters (Tager being the biggest user of this) purposely do combos that give you a tech window in order to reset you into a newer, more damaging combo.

LONG ANSWER SHORT: For now, simply press the button during hitstun and be sure to stop yourself as you see your character recovering. Overtime, you'll learn when to press it and not have to just "mash" on it.

Hope this helped!

Just a quick note: "Mashing" 4AB or 7AB also helps to reduce the risk of getting CH'd while beeing air combo'd.

If you're feeling extra gross hit back ABC for the throw option select as many players tend to catch airtechs with airthrows.

If you're feeling extra gross hit back ABC for the throw option select as many players tend to catch airtechs with airthrows.

And then get purple grabbed or air TRM'd. Don't use B+C to tech.

What's TRM stand for? Not familiar with that abbreviation.

Throw Reject Miss, when you attempt to break a throw and for the following ~30(?) frames any throw will be unbreakable.

Ah, right. Yeah, don't do throw commands haphazardly if you want to avoid throws.

Man, there was this one time, when I predicted my opponent's blue Tager Buster, and in anticipation I mashed B+C a bit... Good times, good times. Hey, I never liked that 3700 life anyway.

And 'course Atomic Collider is just plain unblockable. Damn that move. Only time when you have to tech late or you get hit. Otherwise, good blocking/Barrier/throw escapes get you out.

Edited by HolyOrderChipp

I was recently in a tourney and was watching tokido play noel. He just mashes the shit out of abc like there is no tomorrow when being comboed.