Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

omegaryuji

[VS] Felicia: Cat People

i recently tried to learn the -DF, [+c.lp, c.lk,s.mp xxcatspike, close.mk<kitty hits> catspike] loop combo again, i remember i dropped it because i wasn't able to do it

for some reason i wasn't able to link the first part of the combo (c.lp, c.lk,s.mp xxl.catspike) the cat was resetting the hit and the close mk xx catspike wasn't linking giving a free block to the opponent

but today after a little practice i finally get how link it correctly and then start the infinite: you need to wait the helper a little more than usual ,she need to be closer to the ground so she can land and then link an othet attack after your s.mk xx l.catspike hitconfirm the hitstun is long enough.

i know that this can be obvious but it took me a while to understand it because when i was watching the demostration video i wasn't able too see correctly the little helper landing (maybe i'm just stupid :rolleyes:)

this combo works very well against the tallest character but it will link against the smaller characters too, i hope that this little info will help other guys other than me

oh you can link close.mpxx l.catspike too if you can't or just don't feel good using the close mk, i didn't calcolated the damage yet but i think that is the same as the close mk

i found that if you "Short hop" felicia's dash lk you can link a combo when landing, the timing is a little hard but the dash lk is very easy to short hop

you can do this with the dash lp and dash mp (but is harder than normal with the mp)

to be honest i'm not sure if is just a normal cancel or short hop...i can't tell if felicia can short hop because i never noticed it

Lyne or Rine.

I updated the jp players base to include the player & moonrunes

it seems that he's doing the same thing that i do, but for some fucking resons he can won

bah i don't know where the fuck i'm going wrong i watched all the videos but still can't find anything

I'm trying to improve my Neutral game,is very hard for me because i'm not patient at all because i'm scared to leave my opponent free so i keep try to attack the more as i can

do anyone know how can i improve and become more patience? also wich attacks are more useful for that type of game?

Is Felicia not really a high/low character like Sasquatch and Q-Bee? It seems like holding down-back and mashing buttons blows up her hop game more so than other hoppers. Is she more about frame traps and grabs? Gah, sometimes I wish I were Japanese so I could hit-confirm off of one jab in turbo mode.

Also, how do you combo off her hop? It seems really difficult - should I delay it? I find short hop -> anything but her light jumping attacks is really, really inconsistent in coming out.

I'm trying to improve my Neutral game,is very hard for me because i'm not patient at all because i'm scared to leave my opponent free so i keep try to attack the more as i can

do anyone know how can i improve and become more patience? also wich attacks are more useful for that type of game?

I find st.JP, st.SK, cr.SP, st.FK, and st.RK are my main ground normals for neutral/footsy play. Yeah, I know it's probably not much help to list about 40% of her buttons. Really, Felicia has pretty good normals overall (the biggest problem with them is not having anything outright abusable aside from maybe cr.SP), but it's hard to describe when you should be using one or another aside from just learning from experience.

As general help for that playstyle, I can say that you can try taking a read through the footsies guide from sonichurricane (link), but for specifics...it's an experience thing, and I'm not nearly experienced enough to say anything less vague :vbang: . I usually dont feel like I'm leaving my opponent free when I'm harassing them in neutral, so maybe you're playing it too passively? Although, I feel like Felicia's neutral game depends a lot on the other player respecting it, too...if they're willing to just eat hits while getting in, it's up to you to turn those stray hits into more damage.

Is Felicia not really a high/low character like Sasquatch and Q-Bee? It seems like holding down-back and mashing buttons blows up her hop game more so than other hoppers. Is she more about frame traps and grabs? Gah, sometimes I wish I were Japanese so I could hit-confirm off of one jab in turbo mode.

Also, how do you combo off her hop? It seems really difficult - should I delay it? I find short hop -> anything but her light jumping attacks is really, really inconsistent in coming out.

In terms of offense, Felicia is most similar to Gallon/Talbain/Wolfman, with (arguably) better normals in return for worse specials and less damage. I think her high/low is mostly based on renda'ed cr.JP vs shorthop buttons, but I'm awful so don't treat that as gospel. As for comboing off of the hops, I have the most success with sh.SP/sh.FK linked to cr.SP. sh.FP and sh.RK are slower enough to get poked out a lot

more often.

Felicia-

Midscreen DarkForce BnB can be extended with short-hop J.mk, LINK cr.lk (helper hits) than back to the typical repeat BnB. [cr.lk, RENDA cr.lk, (helper hits), walk forward.]x2

Best corner OKI is to 44J.mk, cr.mp XX ES-Buckler; for the cross-up overhead or the landing low. This is ideal b/c it always ends in a cornered opponent. Compare this to a quick left/right walk-thru and Felicia’s mixup has a chance to leave the corner.