Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Korey

[VS] Demitri: Dracula

If you have room and are getting meatied:

Pushblock-> batspin, or jump up/forward to try and get over after pushblocking. Depends on how close the bubble is.

GC the meaty, he can make it whiff though if he's far enough and times it right.

Reversal DP the meaty, although if you do this once, chances are fish will wait for it the second time.

If you roll into it, and he's right there, reversal DP (especially if it looks like he isn't finished putting it down). A normal throw attempt might actually be better than his command throw, since it's faster.

This is my Demitri guide. It's a work in progress. I haven't covered everything. I'll be editing it in the coming days/weeks. Hopefully at some point I'll also have video examples.

Table of contents:

- Normals

- Standing

- Crouching

- Jumping

- Specials

- Chaos Flare

- Demon Cradle

- Bat Spin

- Supers

- Demon Billion

- Midnight Bliss

- Midnight Pleasure

- Dark Force

- Neutral game

- On the Defensive

- On the Offense

- Okizeme

- General Information

- Notable Players

Demitri

Demitri is a defensive character (perhaps the most defensive character in Vampire Savior) with strong normals,

a crazy okizeme game, and an amazing guard cancel. He lacks great offensive options from neutral situations, but

makes up for this with his great okizeme and reactionary defense.

- Normals -

LP

Demitri's standing LP isn't used terribly often, but it is good for a few things. If you are familiar with air

chains and meeting your opponent in the air in such a way that you land before they do, it is used for the

unblockable reset option afterward (all grounded normals are air unblockable, except in certain situations that

are rarely seen, like Zabel's option to block after j/ad.MP). It's also great for forcing a proximity block in

demon setups on whiff while on offense. Since the demon input includes LP, you can whiff it in your opponent's

face to force a proximity block and then go immediately into a demon. This is kind of gimmicky and shouldn't be

used too often. Another use of this move is to stop the dash/airdash pressure of your opponent. Against

Sasquatch, for example, if he's putting you on the roller coaster (dash LP~MP/dash MP~LP repeatedly), confirm

your block of the 2nd hit, then tech hit using LP~MP~HP~HK, but bring your input back to LP after the tech hit.

The reason you start with LP rather than the traditional LK for the piano method is in case you screw up and

mistime your tech hit, you still get a standing jab. You'll likely get a tech hit and if Sasquatch dashes in

again, you'll hit him out of his dash. This is also useful at certain ranges vs Q-Bee, Zabel, etc.

f.MP

Demitri's far standing MP is a decent poke on the ground. Generally you'll want to use this

when you're too far away for a cl.HP but feel your opponent is going to jump on their wakeup. This will catch

them and keep them grounded.

cl.HP

Ah, Demitri's close HP. This move has a couple of really, really good applications. For one,

it serves as a really insanely good anti air up close. For two, it can be option selected with throw. This makes

it an excellent meaty... If your opponent tries to jump on wakeup, he gets caught with cl.HP. If he doesn't do

anything, he generally gets thrown. Be warned, however, that your opponent can hit you on wakeup instead of doing

nothing or jumping, creating a metagame of "Is he going to wake up mashing or not?" If yes, meaty Demon Cradle

(you can time meaty Demon Cradle in such a way that it's quite safe on block, except to 1 frame GCs and the like;

ES DP will catch pre-jump frames).

If no, he gets thrown or tagged with cl.HP. Chain into cr.RH for meter if it catches your opponent jumping as

well as if it just catches your opponent mashing something stupid on wakeup. If your opponent is grounded, you

get a knockdown. If he's jumping, you whiff cr.RH for meter. You need to hit confirm this though, as the second

hit, if your opponent blocks and is anticipating your cr.RH, can be GCed. Two hits are much easier to GC than one.

In lieu of godlike hit confirmation abilities, you could special cancel the cl.HP into fireball to catch tech

hit attempts and GCs. Your input at this point would look something like this: 6 or 4 + HP236+P.

f.HP

Demitri's far HP is much the same as his far medium -- it doesn't really serve much use, but

it's a decent poke on the ground. It can catch taller crouchers trying to stick something out, I believe.

LK

Demitri's standing LK... I find this move to actually be pretty interesting. I don't see any other Demitris do

this, but you can time a meaty st.LK to be safe, since it's so fast, and hit confirm it into a chain if it hits.

This catches most normals on wakeup, but will of course lose to specials and supers and the like. Admittedly,

sometimes you have better options for meaties, but I find this move very interesting. You're probably better off

with meaty cr.LK though, as it's a low.

f.MK

Demitri's far standing MK is a great tool for your arsenal. While your Demon Cradle can be air blocked, st.MK can't

be, as all grounded normals in Vsav are air unblockable. This means that if your opponent is approaching you,

expecting you to Demon Cradle his tits off when he jumps at you, and he's chicken blocking, you just tag him with

this. It nets you an air reset and kind of a mixup afterward where you dash in and do something

(demon/demon cradle). This move is especially effective at certain ranges and not so much at others; learn the

spacing and utilize it well.

HK

Demitri's standing HK...I haven't found much use for this move. It's too slow to be a good poke, has okay range,

but overall, if you can tag your opponent with a st.HK, wouldn't it be better to hit them with a cr.HK instead

and get a knockdown?

cr.LP

Demitri's crouching LP isn't the greatest or the worst move. It's one of his many crouching moves that isn't

actually a low. It's a quick move and it's great to start/hit confirm chains with, but usually you're going to

want to be starting your low chains with cr.LK, as it is a low.

cr.MP

Demitri's couching MP will sometimes beat out other moves if you're playing footsies with your opponent, but

other than that, this move doesn't have much utility outside of chain combos. It's an all right tick into things

like demons, but this can be tech hit, GC'd, etc.

cr.HP

Demitri's crouching HP is a cool looking move, but I've never found any utility for it whatsoever, unfortunately

cr.LK

Demitri's crouching LK is a great poke, one of Demitri's only lows, and the way you generally want to be

starting your low chains. You can chain two cr.LKs and then link other normals afterward, too, to be able to

cancel into specials. A versatile move, you'll be using this one pretty often, either as okizeme, chain starter,

tick into throw, or otherwise.

cr.MK

Demitri's crouching MK is one of his best low normals in terms of range and priority. The hitbox for this move

is quite good, with the tip of Demitri's foot having no vulnerable hitbox. This move is great for whiff punishes

(chain cr.MK cr.HK). It's also great to special cancel into fireballs and the like to maintain your strength in

the neutral game.

cr.HK

Demitri's crouching HK is a great move. It's SAFE ON BLOCK in most cases, leads to a knockdown on hit, and has

great range. What more is there to ask for? Well, I guess you could ask for it to be a low (it's not). End your

chain combos with this and go for your oki game. You're also going to want to kara cancel this move into DPs for

meter. The input is pretty simple: 623+HK~P.

j.LP

Demitri's jumping LP is an all right air move, but you'll probably be throwing it out while rising quite often,

as one of the setups for his j.MK crossup shenanigans is to do a rising j.LP to force the opponent into a

proximity block before landing the crossup j.MK. You'll understand the range to be doing this over time and

experience. Not a great move to start air chains with, though.

j.MP

Demitri's jumping MP is an underrated move, I feel. At certain ranges, you're going to want to start an air

chain with this move (j.MP j.MK j.HP, land st.LP), and it actually has a pretty decent air-to-ground hitbox. Not

a move to jump in haphazardly with, but certainly not a bad move at all. You can also OS an air throw by holding

6 or 4 when jumping toward your opponent with this normal. Great for air confrontations.

j.HP

Demitri's jumping HP is a move you'll probably be ending a lot of air chains with. It's a pretty good air to air

move and it covers a lot of space. It has an all right horizontal hitbox, making is certainly decent in the air.

j.LK

Demitri's jumping LK is an all right move, but it's a better meaty vs Q-Bee and Zabel and other character who

like to be in the air immediately upon wakeup. You do a meaty j.LK, chain j.MK...if they jump, you continue the

chain with j.HP, and if they don't, you have just hit them with a double overhead--if they blocked, continue

your offense in an appropriate way (tick throw, demon setup, whatever)--if not, finish your chain into a

knockdown.

j.MK

Demitri's jumping MK is your crossup normal in most cases. It crosses up everyone in the cast and is actually

just a good jumpin normal in general. At certain ranges, you'll want to start an air chain with it (j.MK j.HP

land st.LP).

j.HK

Demitri's jumping HK is a tad underrated, I think. It's great situationally for air to ground attacks and it has

a pretty decent hitbox for this purpose. Something I like to do if I think my opponent is going to stay grounded

is rising j.MK falling j.HK. This makes it look like you're going to just do j.MK and be done, tempting your

opponent into trying to anti air you and that's when the j.HK tags them. It's an interesting move, to be sure.

Your experience with this move will likely come in the form of whiffing it, though, to build meter. Demitri has

a really effective way of building meter involving rising j.HK. The input is something like this: rising j.HK ->

236+MK~P. The idea is that you whiff a rising HK, then kara cancel a j.MK into a fireball. This builds tons of

meter quickly and should be used quite often.

- Specials -

Chaos Flare (fireball) - 236+P

Demitri throws a fireball that travels a certain distance at a certain speed, depending on strength of punch

used to throw it. This is your main form of control in the neutral game, and it will serve you well if you're

used to playing more of a Street Fighter type neutral game of "bait and see" tactics. It's especially useful in

certain matchups where your opponent has no other choice but to jump to get around it (see: Sasquatch). Remember

that you can j.HK kara j.MK xx Chaos Flare. Great tool to build meter. You can also link a st.LP after a fairly

close jab Chaos Flare and chain into cr.RH for a knockdown. Getting hit by a Chaos Flare forces your opponent in

to a standing state, so this should always work. You can also combo after an ES Chaos Flare into almost anything

you want, but most common is a dashing ES DP.

Demon Cradle (dragon punch) - 623+P

Demitri does a spin thing and it hits people because of its insane invulnerability and great recovery time. This

special is your "get off of me" button. It's your "stop doing that" button. It's your "this is actually a mixup"

button. Demon Cradle has many applications. Dashing LP Demon Cradle has 1F of landing recovery, meaning that the

best your opponent is going to get from you just throwing it out there whenever is usually an air reset. This is

also your guard cancel, and it's one hell of a guard cancel. It has enough invulnerability to blast through most

stuff in the game with ease and punish your opponent for not hit confirming their strings. More than that, if

you get good at buffering GCs (63214(confirm block)~3+P), you can even punish the recovery of just 1 move. This

is a very powerful defensive tool, but also a very powerful offensive tool. Demitri's basic mixup comes down to

just a few options: is my opponent going to jump, reversal, or do nothing on their wakeup? If jump, you have 2

options: cl.HP (OS'ed with throw) OR ES DP. ES DP is a huge damage option that leads to another knockdown, so

it's worth throwing a meaty one out there once in a while for the big damage. It will also cover the option of

most reversals in the game, though, and beat them cleanly, if timed properly. This makes it a very versatile

tool in Demitri's okizeme. Don't forget that you can kara cancel normals into this, such as RH, to build a ton

of meter quickly (623+HK~P or 6235+HK~P or whatever you want to do).

Bat Spin (...tatsu? not really) - 214+K

The Bat Spin...there's a lot to be said of this move. First, I'll just say that it's not great to just throw it

out there all willy nilly. It's punishable on block...and on hit. So you can imagine it's not the greatest thing

in the world to just be throwing around. So if we're not using this move to deal damage, what are we using it

for? Mostly okizeme. It's great to close the distance on knockdown, and if you learn the spacing of each

strength of it, you can position yourself either in front of or behind your opponent, creating a which way on

their wakeup. Once your opponent learns how to spot which side you're going to be on, this won't be particularly

strong for landing chain combos on their wakeup, but that's when demon setups and the like come into play. The

ES version is okay versus some of the cast who don't have great GCs, but generally, save your meter for other,

more profitable uses (ES DPs, demons). You can "tiger knee" the bat spin to alter its trajectory slightly, as

well as dash and then perform it to gain some extra distance. It's a very versatile tool to traverse the screen

with, so experiment with it and figure out its many ranges. A common use for bat spin is to use it to escape the

corner. You can chicken block, then bat spin, or just wakeup bat spin, or knock your opponent down and then bat

spin or however you can figure it out situationally.

- Supers -

Demon Billion - 263+KK

Just...don't. Wait, I lied. There's one situation that I've found that this is actually useful in, despite its

48 frame recovery: when Anakaris does his ground portal. That's about it though.

Midnight Bliss - 263+PP

Demitri says "Come on, baby" and then grabs his opponent by the throat, turning them into a girl before draining

their life essence. By itself, this isn't honestly that great. It has a lot of startup and is easily poked, etc.,

stopping your offense dead in its tracks if applied incorrectly. There are some very situation uses for this

move, though, and it generally involves when your opponent doesn't respect you when you only have 1 meter (as

opposed to 2 meters, the amount required for a Midnight Pleasure). Generally though, if you're new and

inexperienced, stick to saving your meters for demons and ES DPs.

Midnight Pleasure - LP MP 6 MK MK (costs 2 meters)

Ah, Midnight Pleasure. One of the keystones of Demitri's okizeme and offense in general. With a 2F startup, this

is one scary command grab that deals HUGE damage. Compare to the startup of Midnight Bliss, 12F, and you can see

why this is the preferred option. This is the crux of Demitri's gameplan, as landing one leads to big damage and

another knockdown opportunity. There are many, many ways to get in and land this powerful super, and it's

important to learn some of the more solid, more likely ways to land it. This is all reading dependent, though,

and you need to condition your opponent to not jump or press buttons on their wakeup to start landing demons more

consistently. The way you achieve this is by utilizing meaty cl.HP throw OS and meaty ES DP. Make them afraid to

jump or press button on their wakeup and then go in for a demon. Try to discipline yourself enough to not just go

for a demon every time you have 2 meters; your opponent will start reading this every time and stop you, wasting

your 2 meters and at best going back to the neutral game. At worst, you're going to be eating some nasty combos

and be forced on the defensive. I'll list some setups here, going from least good to some of what I think are the

best setups, but again, these are heavily read dependent, and learning when to demon is a big part of learning

Demitri. This list is by no means exhaustive or complete in any way, but is a great starting point.

Some setups:

- Jumpin attack, land, Pleasure (works air-to-air & blows up tech hits)

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ib2CwSr6W0E#t=1m41s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVEKqyOWik#t=1m43s

- j.MK -> Pleasure. This is a simple setup, but it can be anti-aired, tech hit, GC'd, poked. Great for if your

opponent is scared, but don't go too crazy with this. You can mix it up with j.MK -> ES DP to keep your opponent

from mashing buttons or jumping the next time you go for it.

- cr.attack (hit or block), Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=I7wCVOMOU8k#t=48s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=VpN2AM10D5I#t=2m42s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ib2CwSr6W0E#t=1m19s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ib2CwSr6W0E#t=5m58s

- cr.MK/cr.HP/cr.LK/cr.LP -> Pleasure. Similar situation as above: it can be tech hit, GC'd, poked, etc.

- Reset a combo into M-Pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCPPrkzUVXA#t=1m44s

- Cross-up j.MK, Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEkd4muqEyk#t=40m0s

This setup is good because in Vsav, if your opponent tech hits a crossup, it actually

sucks you IN to them, putting you even closer to the opponent. The input for crossup demons is the direction you

were facing when you landed the crossup, so this would be 9 jump MK, LP MP 6 MK MK, not 4.

- About a half screen away, dash Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=I7wCVOMOU8k#t=1m18s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rWwzokMya5s#t=9m6s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rWwzokMya5s#t=9m22s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rWwzokMya5s#t=15m15s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ib2CwSr6W0E#t=3m56s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCPPrkzUVXA#t=30s

You mix this up with dashing ES DP. Don't do this all the time.

- Anti air MK -> dash forward -> Pleasure. The idea here is that your opponent expects you to dash forward and

demon cradle or something else after an anti air MK. You need to set this one up earlier in the match by anti

airing them and then dashing forward and doing something.

- Air chain, land, st.LP unblockable, dash Pleasure. This setup is especially good because you are INVULNERABLE

during the point in Demitri's dash when your opponent is going to be standing up and able to reversal. This means

that if they do anything that leaves them grounded, they're getting nom'ed. Good setup. Mix it up with st.LP UB

into ES DP. This will watch up-backing and button pressing. The input for getting an instant dash Pleasure is

kind of weird. You want to input LP MP 66 MK MK, but the timing is kind of strict. This is called a "split dash"

and it will serve you well.

- Dash around the opponent, Pleasure (can auto-correct for a cross-up throw)

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Tj2prjuYbhs#t=1m8s

- Backdash Pleasure

This is a good setup for the corner when your opponent is rolling forward. Mix it up with

backdash DP/ES DP.

- Bat spin whiff, Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Tj2prjuYbhs#t=1m48s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKMNU1CGwG8#t=29s

The idea is to make your opponent so worried about blocking your

mixup that they eat the demon; however, this can be jumped out of (you must condition your opponent to get hit by

any demon setup). You must guess your opponent's roll to use the correct strength bat spin and get this setup on

oki. You can react to their roll while you're coming in on them and buffer the Pleasure, but wait to hit the

final input until you're absolutely certain they rolled the way you anticipated.

- Oki st.LP WHIFF, Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rWwzokMya5s#t=1m39s

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ib2CwSr6W0E#t=5m10s

The idea here is that your opponent tries to react to your st.LP and gets eaten

for it. Mix it up with whiff LP -> ES DP or cl.HP throw OS to punish jump attempts.

- Oki with an empty jump or pursuit whiff, Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEkd4muqEyk#t=1h20m50s

The idea here is similar to bat spin, only it only works on back rolls for the most part. Mix it up with ES DP or

cl.HP throw OS to punish jumps.

- Oki with a walkthrough, Pleasure

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rWwzokMya5s#t=4m35s

The idea is to which-way your opponent, then instead of hitting them with a combo, you eat them. Mix it up with

ES DP or cl.HP throw OS, as usual.

- Corner knockdown, whiff a cr.HK, react to a roll forward, Pleasure

- Knockdown, jump forward air fireball, react to roll (forward), land, Pleasure

- Corner reset (after an air string), instant dash Pleasure

Mix it up with the usual anti jump options.

- P throw (TECHED), dash split demon - Fuck, this is nasty

- Dark Force -

Just...don't.

- The Neutral Game -

The neutral game for Demitri is pretty different than most other characters in the game. As opposed to spending

most of your time trying to get in, Demitri spends most of his time trying to frustrate his opponents into making

poor decisions trying to get in on him. You achieve this through well spaced Chaos Flares and well timed Demon

Cradles/Guard Cancels. Bait your opponent into making a poor choice and then punish him for it. Get a knockdown

and get Demitri's oki game going. Your main tools in the neutral game are going to be Chaos Flare, Demon Cradle,

f.MK, and air chains. You should also focus on building meter in the neutral game via j.RH -> kara j.MK fireballs

and cr/s.HK kara DPs. You're going to want meter for when your turn to be on the offensive arrives so that you

can utilize Demitri's oki game, which consists of demon setups (2 meters), ES DPs (1 meter) and the like.

Another tool you're going to be utilizing in the neutral game is pokes. Demitri's cr.MK xx fireball is a great

tool to maintain spacing and frustrate your opponent after a brief confrontation and push them back out. Another

tool is cr.HK. This will beat a lot of your opponent's advancing pokes and the like and score a knockdown,

leading to your turn to go on the offensive. Another great tool in your kit is dashing (LP) DP. It's fairly safe

on block (1F landing recovery, but can be air punished) and will help you catch your opponent poking, etc. and

leads to a knockdown.

- On the Defensive -

On the defensive, you have some good tools available to you, but you must be careful. A lot of the time one of

your best options for getting out of a situation is going to be a Demon Cradle, either raw or in GC form or

dashing. Once your opponent is in, if you notice they're being haphazard with their chains, not hit confirming

them and just finishing them on block, by all means, GC their ass and start your offense. However, if your

opponent is smart, knows the matchup, and knows your tendencies, they're likely going to try to bait y our DPs.

I must stress the importance of NOT DPing in these situations. You will eat a combo and you will be very sad

about your life. Use your other defensive options, i.e.: tech hits, pokes, bat spinning out of the corner. DP is

a good answer to a lot of things, but it's not always THE answer. This was honestly one of the biggest hurdles

I've had to overcome playing Demitri, and I still sometimes use DP in a really bad place and eat shit for it.

Don't play like me. Play smart. Something I also forgot to mention is that Demitri's dash is a great defensive

tool. You can backdash -> fireball to maintain space in the neutral game. You can forward dash out of the corner

if your opponent jumps at you while you're in the corner. You can bat drill out of the corner, either after a

chicken block or just raw or whatever. You have many options. Use them intelligently.

- On the Offense -

Unless it's okizeme, Demitri honestly doesn't have a lot going for him offensively; however, his oki game is

strong. Off of a knockdown, you have many options to consider: should you go in front? Behind? Go for a crossup?

Should you go for a demon off of that oki? Or did he try to jump out last time...so maybe you should go for an ES

DP? Or a throw OS? These are things you must think about, and sometimes the matchup makes it a little easier for

you to make these reads, as certain characters have certain tendencies or weaknesses (Anakaris, for example, is

obviously weak to being thrown, since he doesn't have a normal throw of his own, a fast reversal, etc.). If you

find the right spacing, going for a rising j.LP into falling j.MK crossup is an okay idea when you're on the

offense. A large part of maintaining your offense is getting a knockdown and guessing a roll. Be sure to keep

track of your opponents' rolling habits. If he rolls forward 78% of the time, chances are he's going to roll

forward next time, so be ready for it. Meet him with a demon, or if he jumps out of your setups 62% of the time,

be ready to meaty ES DP or cl.HP OS throw him. Demitri on the offense is all about making smart reads and

capitalizing on them. He has nothing truly solid going for his offense game, so you must play smart.

- Okizeme -

Ah, okizeme. Demitri's playground. Sort of.

Demitri has a lot of oki options, and most of them involve which ways or demon/DP/throw. Your opponent must guess.

Off of a knockdown, your typical oki situation looks like this: score a knockdown, bat spin in (which way), decide

if you want to meaty ES DP, DP, go low, walk up cl.HP throw OS, set up a demon. These are all kind of situational

and depend on the tendencies of your opponent. If they are more likely to jump on their wakeup, certainly don't

just go for a low or something silly like that, unless you're super godly at meaty timing (meaties can actually

beat wakeup jumping, but the timing is pretty strict). Walk up and cl.HP throw OS them. Meaty ES DP them. Don't

waste 2 meters trying to demon them. They're probably just going to jump out. If your opponent has jumped a couple

of your setups but you think he's going to be afraid to this time due to eating an ES DP or something, by all

means, go for a demon. Set it up with one of the setups listed here or something else you come up with. There are

tons of ways you can do it. If you think he's going to reversal you, wait a split second on his wakeup and ES DP

him right in the tits. Demitri's oki game is very RPS (rock/paper/scissors), but you only need a few good reads to

scare your opponent into predictability. Demitri is very scary when he has a couple of meters in stock and a

knockdown. Use this to your advantage. If your opponent still doesn't respect Demitri and just does what he wants,

punish him for it. Over and over and over. Play smart.

- General Information -

I thought I'd use this section to lay out some general info like what chains you should be using, how you should

be dash DPing more than regular DPing, etc.

For starters, you should be using the chain cr.LK cr.MP cr.MK cr.HK most of the time. It's Demitri's most

damaging chain, leads to a knockdown, and allows you to set up your okizeme. There are exceptions to this, of

course, but generally this is your best chain if you land a crossup or a random low or something like that.

Your air chains that lead to unblockable ground resets are variable depending on range and height of your

opponents' jump when you hit them. High jumps generally should be j.[LK MP MK HP]. Lower jumps can be shortened

to j.[MP MK HP], and if you're jumping in and you're low to the ground but think your opponent is going to jump

and chicken block late, you can do a late jumpin j.[MK HP] (also works as a double overhead on standing).

When you DP, you should almost always be dash DPing. With LP. It has 1F landing recovery, meaning the most your

opponent is going to get off of a punish is usually going to be an air reset. This is incredibly good for you. It

makes dash LP DP pretty abusable. There are some matchups where it is still very dangerous, however. Zabel can

punish a blocked dash LP DP with Death Voltage, which will fuck your life up. Be careful. It's all very

situational.

Sometimes when you are trying to hit confirm a chain, you might want to use cr.LK cr.LK renda. This gives you a

renda bonus (more advantage on hit/block), which will allow you to link normals afterward or do an instant dash

DP (more on that in a bit).

To perform an instant dash DP (there are several methods, I'll outline just one here), input 6235...wait a split

second...6+P (also delay the P just a hair). It's a very difficult input and leaves you with something like a 2

frame window to hit P, but with practice, you can probably become consistent at it. I haven't practiced it nearly

enough and it's a tool that's sorely missed in my arsenal. And in my opponent's arse(nal).

A note on the 263 inputs: these are not regular DP motions. It's down, forward, then hit the down+forward corner.

There's an easier way to get this input, though, and it's pretty simple: 2363.

- Notable Players -

This list will most likely never be exhaustive or complete, but is meant to give you some idea of what to search

for on YouTube should you want to watch some high level Demitri play and try to glean some information from it.

Unfortunately there aren't many Demitris out there, and Dara, perhaps the most notable, quit around 2010.

- Dara, usually written in hiragana (だら), but sometimes written in katakana (ダラ)

- Azuwan, almost always written in katakana (アズワン)