Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. May

I wish I had more experience with this match up. I've honestly only played a couple good Mays. First time I got trashed for various reasons, the biggest one was me having no idea what was happening in the match. Just played the rule of thumb for matches I don't know, random and unsafe. But honestly I can't remember any details about this match up aside from 6P CHing non FB dolphins, which probably doesn't happen often enough to be a good note. Nice info though Kyle, I'll have to remember to play this match slow as if it were Slayer. I'd like to sit down with a high level May player someday just to mess around with this bad match though. Too bad nobody plays this game where I live :O

I've played this matchup on more than one occasion. And absolute rape is correct :psyduck:. Better get that knockdown or you're going to have a hard time pressing any buttons. Triple dolphin loop on Anji is lol.

I have some (horrible) experience against May...and it isn't nice at all.

Things to look out for:

jHS - this move hurts,especially on CH

command throw(usually after 5k) - this is a frame trap after 5k...so your only option is to backdash

3K - this move kills butterfly pressures if you're not ready...however it's EASILY punished

dolphins - the vertical dolphin one is an overhead

Generally,you don't want to take her on ground to air.She will definitely rape you.Ground to ground is bad if it's too close.(Recommend around 5HS to 6S range)

You'd want to be running away most of the time,so spam that SJ like no tomorrow.

Here's my FAIL attempt.

Note: I tend to be a predictable fuujin spammer when under tremendous pressure. =/

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t1seK1OK7EY

u need to either start airgrabbing her or 6k her aerials more shes way too wild and ur doing nothing about it , like u said ur spamming fuujin when u felt pressured and it went to shit from there , u wanna try to avoid fighting her head on so just be tricky when u have her in the corner and ur trying to make her poke with 6s shes jumping alot so start controlling that instead . Mainly the issue is what i said be4 u need to slow her down

I know,I've improved DRASTICALLY since that match.I still haven't faced the May again,but I feel a lot more confident now.I spam less fuujins now(but still do,trying to get rid of that habit).

About this match-

May was random and "Freeballed it just as you did", if either one of you had a sense of controlling space than it would have been rape. Airthrow and Anti-air are a big part of this match for Anji.

Now, I want to talk about what Anji SHOULD be doing.

-6K GP AntiAir baby.

-Air throw, Anji is the F'N wind god, the air is YOUR space.

-5H to punish May when she whiffs a 2HS.

-Dear god if your going to close space, don't swing, just FD break.

-Don't give her CH, seriously, don't swing if you aren't sure

-Don't treat this like Slayer, Her movement is 10X Better, treat it like Axel. Lots of D @ Midrange, than punish when she does the wrong poke

-Jump all of her mix-ups, most importantly 5D & 5[D]

-Use 5P as Anti- dolphin

Most importantly you have to read the opponents and be very flexible. If you sure she will jump than do 6S, SJI, into a KD combo. If your sure she will backdash out of a Butterfly trap throw a HS fujin. If she guards a whole lot just throw her into frustration, as Anji throw is a perfect butterfly trap.

Oh last thing, when she throws a J.2HS, Anji should jump into it and IB, this will force Anji to land first giving him a free throw when May lands. =)

All the best guys.

Kyle

I have some (horrible) experience against May...and it isn't nice at all.

Things to look out for:

jHS - this move hurts,especially on CH

command throw(usually after 5k) - this is a frame trap after 5k...so your only option is to backdash

3K - this move kills butterfly pressures if you're not ready...however it's EASILY punished

dolphins - the vertical dolphin one is an overhead

Generally,you don't want to take her on ground to air.She will definitely rape you.Ground to ground is bad if it's too close.(Recommend around 5HS to 6S range)

You'd want to be running away most of the time,so spam that SJ like no tomorrow.

Here's my FAIL attempt.

Note: I tend to be a predictable fuujin spammer when under tremendous pressure. =/

LOL okay this is when i didnt practice on ps2 and only played at the arcade so all my timings fucked up. :'( i dont play that bad any more on ps2 lmfao.

A few nifty tricks I found: -FDing her 5K doesn't allow her to command grab you after that -6P stuffs her horizontal dolphin approaches -5HS beats HER 5HS -6S also beats 5HS (safer,but no followup I think)

I introduced someone to Guilty Gear not that long ago, and he picked up May.

When I explained Anji's H Fuujin invincibility, he asked me the most hilarious question:

"Why don't you just Fuujin the Whale?"

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.

A few nifty tricks I found:

-FDing her 5K doesn't allow her to command grab you after that

-6P stuffs her horizontal dolphin approaches

-5HS beats HER 5HS

-6S also beats 5HS (safer,but no followup I think)

MMMM cant wait to prove that one wrong dawn. *evil smile*

yeah 5hs is meaty for anji not sure if it would beat 5hs (checks frame chart)

Make sure if your gonna go for that, that it will atleast connect with me if im blocking because if you do it to far away it has alot of recovery time (21 vs my 8)(and my start up of 13)

Id suggest 6s over your 5hs because of the recovery time, autogaurd high and jump cancelable. So something like 6s jump overhead jd for fake landing to bait my attempt at counter hit then what is it landing jhs into some combo shit... dont know your character that well just know that a low hitting jhs will turn into a combo if i eat it.

Good to see you posting sam. Wow has it been 8 months since we played casuals (did we fight each other at t9?) I'll get jabir to come down so you can get a ride, i could give you a ride if you came to my place but derek fiends casuals i usually dont make it home till 5am.

How come that last video anji was able to counter 5k? wtf was up with that?

Us at t9 7:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2g8caD61MQ lol almost lost cause i went for destroyer. Wow what a change from watching the last vid you posted for both of us.

1.MMMM cant wait to prove that one wrong dawn. *evil smile*

2.yeah 5hs is meaty for anji not sure if it would beat 5hs (checks frame chart)

Make sure if your gonna go for that, that it will atleast connect with me if im blocking because if you do it to far away it has alot of recovery time (21 vs my 8)(and my start up of 13)

3.Id suggest 6s over your 5hs because of the recovery time, autogaurd high and jump cancelable. So something like 6s jump overhead jd for fake landing to bait my attempt at counter hit then what is it landing jhs into some combo shit... dont know your character that well just know that a low hitting jhs will turn into a combo if i eat it.

Good to see you posting sam. Wow has it been 8 months since we played casuals (did we fight each other at t9?) I'll get jabir to come down so you can get a ride, i could give you a ride if you came to my place but derek fiends casuals i usually dont make it home till 5am.

4.How come that last video anji was able to counter 5k? wtf was up with that?

1.FD does push you back farther than your command grab range.This is true for most characters(damn potemkin),however you can still dash and command grab after that(but that gives it away).Try it in training mode.

2.Anji's 5HS beats May's 5HS because of range.And usually Mays spam it outside of their max range fishing for a counter.

3.As I said.6S is safer but less reward.It actually may not be that much safer since it extends Anji's hitbox so that might backfire if she steps in a little.5HS allows you to combo into HS Fuujin and possibly ending in On (Anji's strongest butterfly setup),where as 6S allows you to either autoguard (if near corner,then it could end in On) or just S Fuujin Nagiha.

4.It's called 6K autoguard.I've done it on you before.

And yes,we fought once at T9 in the team tournament.

Thats what i ment but i dont have to dash in its a single step for the range so i just hold forward for another half a second, its not a shut down to that oki. FDing and then jumping would be a shutdown to it because it wont open you up to 5k 5hs oki that mashing would. wow didnt know he had 2 moves that basically act like DP, crazy. I'll use more low mix up.

Sign in to follow this