Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CS2] Makoto Nanaya's Combo Listing and Discussion Thread

Good point, at least for not dropping the combo to kill them, BBS after 214a~c~d is probably a lot safer. Should see how much that nets in damage in stone.

As for your ender, you typically never want to go alllll the way up on the j. parts, jb jc JC jb jc DP goes really high, and you lose your oki because they tech before you land on the ground. Unless its going to kill them. just do one jb jc and DP after, it should be a little better.

Oh and I dont know if you wrote it wrong, but you usually always want to do jc jb JC jc jb instead of the other way around.

If you end the combo with BBS, you get 6.1k, but that's pretty good imo.

I made an error with writing it. Was kinda in a rush cause I was late for class so I didn't realize I switched it around. :V

oh, and I tried doing just one jb jc, but they still tech out of it before I can touch the ground anyway . Unless I got it wrong. orz

Yep! Which is saying something since I hardly watch BB match vids. lol

I feel special :333

If you end the combo with BBS, you get 6.1k, but that's pretty good imo.

I made an error with writing it. Was kinda in a rush cause I was late for class so I didn't realize I switched it around. :V

oh, and I tried doing just one jb jc, but they still tech out of it before I can touch the ground anyway . Unless I got it wrong. orz

Try this instead, dunno if it works after 214b~d

6c -> 214b~b -> jc -> j.b -> DP

Or omit the jc jb, dunno. I honestly like 6b -> orb tho :/

The delay only work when damage scaling isn't too high. I'll post something that should help a lot of people problems later today, :psyduck:

Thats right even though with one 2a works.

If i use an A move at the start of the combo i only go for 2C>LA>2C>2D>>etc

its its anything else(except 2b) i go for shooting star delay or dash back 6a.

Ok guys, I'm looking for some kind of execution advice:

I've been practicing 2366A to get it consistently (near 100% of times), but I'm still encountering issues in pulling it off.

What occurs is that when i do 2366A in a neutral situation I can easily get dash orb like 95% of the times, but if I'm executing it after a j.D (j.B > j.D) the success rate drops considerably, and pretty often I either get a dash 6A, or the orb comes out but without Makoto dashing.

Input wise there aren't issues, it seems to be more like a matter of timing/speed, but again it doesn't feel like there's much of a difference between the times when the dash orb comes out correctly and when it doesn't.

Do you guys have tips on how to practice this in order to properly improve on consistency? I've been training this also by doing a regular jump (neutral) and do a 2366A upon landing, and I do get it correctly more often than when I do j.B > j.D ...

This is kind of irritating me because while I know I can use no-2366A combos I'd like to properly master anything that the character is able to do given how flexible Makoto's combos are.

I've been practicing 2366A to get it consistently (near 100% of times), but I'm still encountering issues in pulling it off.

What occurs is that when i do 2366A in a neutral situation I can easily get dash orb like 95% of the times, but if I'm executing it after a j.D (j.B > j.D) the success rate drops considerably, and pretty often I either get a dash 6A, or the orb comes out but without Makoto dashing.

Input wise there aren't issues, it seems to be more like a matter of timing/speed, but again it doesn't feel like there's much of a difference between the times when the dash orb comes out correctly and when it doesn't.

Do you guys have tips on how to practice this in order to properly improve on consistency? I've been training this also by doing a regular jump (neutral) and do a 2366A upon landing, and I do get it correctly more often than when I do j.B > j.D ...

This is kind of irritating me because while I know I can use no-2366A combos I'd like to properly master anything that the character is able to do given how flexible Makoto's combos are.

Though this isnt directly advice you do know you dont have to do dash 236ad on like 70% of the cast for it to combo right?

Though this isnt directly advice you do know you dont have to do dash 236ad on like 70% of the cast for it to combo right?

I know, but it's not like I can't ignore the remaining 30% either :O

There isn't much advice to give regarding this, I believe. You need to input the 2366A right before touching the ground, but you don't need to rush the command either - doing it smoothly is the way, I'd say.

As for me, I input the 236 while in midair and 6A when I touch the ground. For practice, I usually go to the corner and repeat "2C > 214B~B > dj.D > 2366A~D" a bajillion times. I'm aware of how a 2C starter gives you more time to hit the 2366A~D without having the opponent tech, but it's still useful to practice the input.

I know, but it's not like I can't ignore the remaining 30% either :O

But Im also saying you dont have to dumb down your combos because of this lol

(assuming that's what you do)

I haven't seen one non-japanese makoto match video of 2C>214B~jB>jc>jD>236(6)A~D (except omniscythe at Revs)

Everyones dumbing down their combos... :/

PRACTISEEEEEEEEE

otherwise everyones gonna find out makoto is piss easy to use and win with :v:

But Im also saying you dont have to dumb down your combos because of this lol

(assuming that's what you do)

I haven't seen one non-japanese makoto match video of 2C>214B~jB>jc>jD>236(6)A~D (except omniscythe at Revs)

Everyones dumbing down their combos... :/

PRACTISEEEEEEEEE

otherwise everyones gonna find out makoto is piss easy to use and win with :v:

Heh, I'm not dumbing down any combos, that's why I am practicing this in order to maximize the damage and meter return. :\

@Hiago: that's what I do but often I get a dash 6A instead of a dash orb. I am gradually suspecting that it's not related to the timing of when I actually input the first part of the motion but its speed. When I do 2366A in a neutral situation I seem to do it calmly and I get it correctly every time. When I do it after a j.D (j.B j.D) it feels like I need to rush it since I've got to properly continue the combo afterwards which might be why I probably miss the input or speed up too much somehow...

I guess there's no other solution than keep practicing, heh. Kind of feels like the time I used to grind Tao's taunt loop back in CS1 until I could get it with eyes closed.

Yeah well, there's no need to hurry when doing the motion. Like I said: do it smoothly.

Practice makes perfect!

if you are getting dash 6A, then yes, do it faster.

But like u said, doing it mid-combo adds a small layer of pressure vs just doing it by itself, so dont sweat it too much.

all that makoto is about is practice time and learning how to do stuff at the right time. Which coincidentally is like the whole cast LOL.

I wouldn't say that. Some matchups are still difficult. But If you can get them into the corner whilst you have 50 heat, Then the whole cast becomes LOL

Fought a decent Hazama today, about 50 Matches with him.

ADADADADADADADADADADAAH - ALL DAY

I just want to throw out props to you guys for all these things. Especially since I've been thinking of picking her up as a secondary (Hakumen's not working out, Jin is like "all business, no time to have fun while you play", and Litchi/Hazama/Carl just aren't my style).

The weird thing is, reading this stuff actually doesn't seem as intimidating as I thought and a bunch more of it seems easier to 'get' than I thought.

Best advice I have as someone who has been grinding it. Once the j.d hits go into the motion, you can take the motion pretty slow,and hold 6a that will give you the 3 frames of buffer(think its three) for that dash. For me its just going that one solid motion, and making sure I complete that 236, before going for the dash.

Also I agree with HaigoX, go with doing 2c 214b j.d to help hammer in that muscle memory during a combo.

2A > 5B > 6C > 214B > j.A j.B > jc gold burst > (land on ground) > 2C 214B~D > 2C 214A~D > 5D > 2C 2D > 2C 214B~j.B jc J.D > 2366A~D > end it

If the character is tall and you are close to him i think doing just a j.B after the 6C without the j.A should be fine and better

you can jump cancel after 6B~C to gold burst and go for 2C for a corner carry combo from midscreen :3

2A > 5B > 6C > 214B > j.A j.B > jc gold burst > (land on ground) > 2C 214B~D > 2C 214A~D > 5D > 2C 2D > 2C 214B~j.B jc J.D > 2366A~D > end it

If the character is tall and you are close to him i think doing just a j.B after the 6C without the j.A should be fine and better

you can jump cancel after 5CC to gold burst and go for 2C for a corner carry combo from midscreen or you can do it from 6B~C too :3

Damage?

Damage?

i done it now using 2c 2d before shooting star to make it from a wall to a wall and i gained 51 meter from the combo so i finished with PF and the damage was 4750

id say its more stylish combo than a viable one :p

and sorry for saying you can gold burst from 5CC :p

it seems you can only burst from 6B~C so i tried 5CC > 6B~C > gold burst and i finished with ender to get a meterless 8K Midscreen :O

214A~C(block)~B(hit) > RC > 6A 2D > 2C 214B~D > 2C 214A~D > 44 6A 5D > 2C 214B~B jc JD > 2366A~D > end it (damage:4300 Meter:39)

i see a lot of ppl blocking high after lunatic upper afraid of the overhead rewarding mars choper so u will get a lot of star gazers and luckily you can make it painful if u have 50 meter :p

dont mind my combo after the RC 6A 2D you can do your own and even make it RC 6A 5D near corners or even RC 5CC 2D to switch sides but not stable on some characters

for some reason i never play people to block mars chopper. I use star gazer alot too it trips me up and i just sit there and stare at it and go wow.

I don't know if anyone is interested but oh well here is some really useful gold burst combos i made for teh lulz

5CC > 6B~C > jc GB > 2C 214B~D > 2C 214A~D > 5D > 2C 2D > 2C 236A~D > 2C 214B~B jc j.D > 2C PF (Damage:7963 / Heat:57)

j.B jc GB > land on the ground 2C > do the above combo and you should get 7k from a none counter j.b

you can do the same thing from a none counter 6A anti air but not sure if the combo will work after it you might alter to another ender

sorry for this burst madness posts now am finished and will look for something helpful to post other than bursts :p

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I just picked up Makoto and I'm having trouble finding the timing for 214B/C~B > 5D. Exactly how do I find the timing for this so I can get it down?