Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

West Toast XIV: The REVIVAL! July 24th @ FFA (MBCC1.05, AH3, GG, BB, and more!)

Finally, the alliance of anime airdasher action arrives again!

West Toast is a well known series of tournaments that primarily focuses on Melty Blood. Now it has returned and it's ready to be as crazy as ever!

At West Toast we've always had Melty Blood and Guilty Gear, but now we can introduce two newcomers to the mix: Arcana Heart 3 and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II!

WHERE:

Family Fuin Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA 9134

(818) 360-0419

WHEN:Sunday, July 24th.

GAMES:

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05

Arcana Heart 3

[BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core

Details:

Arcana Heart 3:

Time: 2:00PM

Entry Fee: $7.00 ($5.00 pot, $2.00 house)

Rules:

- Will be held on PS3 console. JP version, most likely. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN STICKS!

- Double Elimination, 2/3 matches, 3/5 Finals

- Winner must keep character (but may change arcana). Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.

- No restriction on infinite combos or characters. Glitches are allowed if they do not crash (soft-crash or hard-crash) the game.

- Controller Failure: If you suspect your controller of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.

- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to pausing or physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round (Exception: We might overlook this if done in the middle of a static Super animation). If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.

- Cover-My-Ass-Clause: In case of a dispute that is covered by this ruleset, final decision will be made by a judge. In the case of an event not covered by this ruleset, all decisions made by judges are final.

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

Time: 2:00PM

Entry Fee: $5.00 (+.25 pay to play)

Rules:

- Will be held on Arcade cabinet. It has a PS2 port if you wish to use your controller (mapped to Square=Punch, X=Kick, Triangle=Slash, O=HSlash, R1 = Dust. If you want to plug your own stick into the ports, you must wire your stick accordingly).

- Winner must keep character. Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.

- No restriction on infinite combos or characters. Glitches are allowed if they do not crash (soft-crash or hard-crash) the game.

- Controller Failure: Controller Failure: If you suspect your arcade controls of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.

- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round. If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.

- Cover-My-Ass-Clause: In case of a dispute that is covered by this ruleset, final decision will be made by a judge. In the case of an event not covered by this ruleset, all decisions made by judges are final.

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05:

Time: 5:00PM

Entry Fee: $5.00 (+.25 pay to play)

Rules:

- Will be held on Arcade cabinet.

- Winner must keep character (but may switch Moon-style). Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.

- We will be using v1.05. If a new version comes out without sufficient time to practice it, we will not use that version. (For now, we will be using v1.05 unless noted otherwise)

- Controller Failure: Controller Failure: If you suspect your arcade controls of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.

- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round. If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II:

Time: 5:00PM

Entry Fee: $7.00 ($5.00 pot, $2.00 house)

Rules:

- Will be held on PS3 console. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN STICKS!

- Winner must keep character. Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.

- Controller Failure: If you suspect your controller of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.

- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to pausing or physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round (Exception: We might overlook this if done in the middle of a static Super animation). If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.

If a new version of Melty Blood comes out before the tournament, we will use it as long as it's not too soon before the tournament (i.e. tournament is on Sunday and we get the new version on Thursday, we will use the older version).

Hope to see you guys there!

There are plans to also hold tournaments for Hokuto no Ken and Vampire Savior!

This has been posted on Meltybread.com and Homingcancel.com as well.

I'll update and post more when I get some time.

Hope to see you there!

Wow haven't been to this kind of event since CT. I think I can manage to show up.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ttt I might have a final for my summer class then D: If it's early or what not, i should be able to go! qqqqqqqqqq

If you can't make it to this one, don't fret! I'll start having more events like this in the future.

Pffffft!!!! You know I'll be there. It's not even a question. Like I have anything better to do on a sunday. And I heard Nathan talking about a TMNT Tournament Fighters probably added. I'll see if I can find my old SNES Fight Sticks. I hope >;<

I'll most likely attend...I can actually afford to enter every tournament lol...

I'll help run Hokuto.

LET'S DO THIS!

This seems like a good opportunity to practice for Evo. Do you already have someone recording matches?

Also, do those CRT's have video OUT as well as in?

This seems like a good opportunity to practice for Evo. Do you already have someone recording matches?

Also, do those CRT's have video OUT as well as in?

No, they don't, however we've got recording equipment available ready for those CRTs.

Here's the whole line-up for West Toast 14:

2PM:

Arcana Heart 3

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core

Hokuto no Ken

5PM:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05

Vampire Savior

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

I will be direct feed recording GG and MB.

Strider_Zer0 will be direct feed recording MvC3 (and probably camcorder recording VS, maybe HnK).

I have equipment, but need someone with a laptop to record AH3 and BB. (Strider_Zer0 might be able to get AH3, too)

Also, Sledge will probably be bringing in TMNT: Tournament Fighters on his SNES. If you have an SNES joystick, please bring it to the tournament and share! Sledge said he couldn't find his joysticks.

HnK, VS, and TMNT will each be $1 to enter, MvC3 will be $7.

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, but I had a major family emergency to attend to. Hopefully the event was packed!

Uploaded AH3 grand finals to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWyeV7pQMQc

BB losers quarters: Jason D (Rachel) vs. Dipstick (Makoto): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCEr6S-apwY

BB losers finals: Jason D (Rachel) vs Mat (Makoto) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCDp3Lt-HGE

Most of the BB top8 to follow.

edit: woot figured out how to fix the sync issue.

So apparently there are upcoming tournaments on 9-18, despite Id never posting here anymore.

IMAG0800.jpg

@Id: I really wish you would post about these things; I thought that the tournaments weren't happening this whole time...

I can post updates here since I live like 5 minutes away from FFA. Kinda hard to find free time to go there myself though.

EDIT: Correction this is probably more appropriate in the actual FFA bi weekly thread.

Last I remember, Nathan said he's been too busy to post anything, but I'm sure he wants a tournament to happen, at the appropriate time. I still wanna have TMNT Tournament Fighters, but I'm having trouble locating a working SNES. If anyone has one, with 2 controllers, please bring to FFA at the day of the tournament, assuming, of course, that I don't find one until the appointed time. Run along sentences rule!!!!!

the worst thing about having a tournament, is me working my butt off to have 2 Match of the Year candidates, and not a camera insight. I swear with you people man. DON'T TAKE MY GLORY!