Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Millia Rage

random stuff: her roll can be beaten with a low move, throws, or 3K her 6P is a strong anti air so try not to mess with it if she gets you down for oki and does FB disk, autoguard and fujin are pretty useless for once combo wise if you want to fujin loop into a 5H ender, it's actually better if the combo is longer rather than shorter, which is the opposite of how it is on every other character in the game. irritating to say the least

More random stuff: Pin can be auto guarded with 6K if timed properly, gotta be able to tell which pin is thrown, the slower one of the faster one (risky but rewarding overall.) Depending on what she was trying to do (usually get all over you), you can occasionally autoguard the pin into P counter and catch her attempting to get in. From there you can either try to put some pressure on her, or just guard the pin. I would say that any Oki disk if placed right (not just the FB) will make fujin pretty useless. Since the disk is wide enough to hit you even after the invincible frames of fujin, if she places it at the right position, even reversal fujin will get stuffed into a free combo (especially if in the corner). I don't recommend attempting to fujin out of Oki disk unless you can blatantly tell that she is putting it on you too close, and even then you will get hit at the end of fujin unless you input fast enough at the end of it, preferably into HS follow up to autoguard the disk and maybe do something cute. Doing any other follow up (even the K or the patented "nothing" I believe) will reshape your hitbox and you'll end up getting hit by the disk in the end. Anyhow, the best option to "get out" in my opinion would be to reversal time 6K the disk and hope you aren't getting hit low. Much safer to attempt when she is jumping on your wake up. Not sure if P counter beats her 214P, or either of the counters actually. That option of hers' seems to kill the wake up 6k. Otherwise you can just block, really well. (but anybody could do that, gotta show off some of that Anji flair :P) The only semi good thing about this match is, with tension you probably only need to get 2 combos off and the round is over. Wish I had more to say about this match. I will have to do some more research. Not a whole lot of people seem to know much about this match up, so I'll try to do what I can.

Be really F'ing careful if you ever try to 6K the disc on wakeup since it usually does NOT hit meaty. It can be done, but you obviously can't be predictable with it. If you're desperate to get out of the disc setup, you can mix things up with 6K, 1f jump, or even sometimes forward superjump (when she doesn't go for or screws up a meaty). The forward superjump option will escape all threats of the disc if successful. If you counter her meaty with 6/3K, the disc will certainly hit you unless you use the Force Break or Overdrive GP specials. I'm not sure about her combo options after being hit by the first (or first few) hits of P or K GP specials but I'd assume for now that she won't be able to follow up very well. More on this after the next time I play against Millia again. This is a fairly tough matchup due to Millia's oki options usually being reversal/burst safe.

...Anyhow, the best option to "get out" in my opinion would be to reversal time 6K the disk and hope you aren't getting hit low. Much safer to attempt when she is jumping on your wake up. Not sure if P counter beats her 214P, or either of the counters actually. That option of hers' seems to kill the wake up 6k.

I've seen success in 6K, FB. Honestly, I feel that Millia's FB disk and Ky's CSE are the most reliable place to use his guardpoint forcebreak. FB has invincibility and will hit opponents. It's seriously a Shoryu from Autoguard. As long as the opponent is in range it's a great "Get-out" solution.

The Oki Mixups of this match are terrifying, probably the one of the few times being risky tends to just make it worse rather than better. Haven't actually tried the 1 frame AG into Super Kou yet, and that's mostly because the Millia I play against doesn't frequently use Silent Force Break for oki, but rather an indecisive Secret Garden (keeps going back and forth) which makes breaking out a massive pain because even if you can break out with Fuujin or AG, your still gonna eat something regardless. Also, when I decide to just guard for a change, I usually get tick thrown. Luckily her reversal options are relatively few, and she does take 121% damage making Anji's combos fairly destructive when landed. EDIT: Also, I just noticed that if you butterfly her for standard oki pressure and rush in, she can intercept you with Hair Car on occasion, so keep that in mind.

Sign in to follow this