Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loryuo

Indianapolis, Indiana: "Where is the love?"

i was wondering if there is a scene here in Indianapolis that plays Blazblue and such?

From what I hear, no. I do know there are a few players in/around Indy but they're mostly unmotivated and shitty at the game, so they don't bother trying to get anyone else to play.

PROVE ME WRONG, INDY.

Come on guys! Indianapolis can't just be one of those places, that is filled with people who never played Blazblue. Hell I'd even try Arcana Heart 3. Where is the love!?

Try Shoryuken, there is a more active scene on those boards, and I heard some of them have a decent interest in BlazBlue. (Indianapolis has its own thread on there in the regional zones)

Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! I know we're not exactly super close, but some areas of your state are at a reasonable distance from our venue. We have some people driving 8-12 hours to get here, so I hope at least some of you guys are willing to drive less than that to come out! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as BB:CS II, SSF4:AE, SF 3S:OE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Melee, Brawl, and more! Competitors are coming in from at least 6-7 several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please PM me or post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12280-ARK-IV-BB-CSII-MvC3-SSF4-MK9-Melee-Brawl-More!&p=1106804#post1106804

I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med School that I don't have time (though I may check in once in a while if there's interest). Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the regional BlazBlue community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Go to Arsenal Games. We've usually got a small gathering for GG and BB, though the big game is still AE. I wish someone would play some MK9 there so I can get my Skarlet on :/

facebook is now the most used communication method for the Indianapolis community

Indianapolis group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/indianapolisfgc/

general indiana blazblue group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/496262077061938/

monthly tournament:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NetBattlesFGCinINDIANA/

Good Morning Guys,

I came in here to post about the Midwest ASW Facebook Group. The purpose of this group is to help spread the word on events happening in the Midwest. So instead of posting your events only in the forums, you can post them there so that everyone in the Midwest area knows what events are happening nearby so they're aware and may go to your events. This also help with the spread of information since everyone doesn't always hit up Dustloop and may not be aware of any events happening in the Midwest that one may be able to go to with enough notice. Also, you can find matches with certain individuals with the Midwest ASW Player's Log, so if you are having issues with a match-up that may not exist in your scene, there may be someone in the Midwest area that can help you with that.

So if you guys are interested in joining the group, please join up and get in here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/734565093227697/

I'm also looking for a Indianapolis Representative to post info on upcoming events in your state with ASW games, that includes your monthlies, regional tournaments and such. So if you're interested and can provide the information I'm asking of you, let me know.

Thank You!

I'll start going to the meet-ups again once I get my copy of CP late October/early November.

Doesn't Fort Wayne have a tiny BB scene?

PM sent

I just saw and replied. Thanks for stepping up.

@Moy_X7: AFAIK, Rei-scarred and a few others are in Fort Wayne, I'd get in contact with him for more info.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind driving out to Fort Wayne to get some games in. Gotta spread the BB love XD

I would love to actually play more ASW games against people, I live in lafayette though, and my car has been seriously mangled and needs repairs. But at least I can hopefully get some online matches with people in my state!

XBL: darkarchonisme

currently do have CS:X, waiting for crono phantasma so bad. although, I still love CS:X

Since there is a bit of activity in this thread right now, I guess I will take a moment to update the Indianapolis anime community's current status.

Weekly meetups are, as always, Wednesday nights at Arsenal Game Room starting at 5:00. They have recently extended their official hours until 11:00 pm but they do not actually close until the guy who closes the store decides to stop playing board games upstairs, which has so far not happened until at least midnight (so far we have always left before then so I don't know exactly how late they are actually open). Of the people who attend, the anime game players are the most consistent in showing up so if you are looking for people to play ASW games with that is the place to be. We mostly play Guilty Gear but we also play P4A, AH3, Melty, and a little BB sometimes but that will probably go up a lot this month once CP is available

Our monthly tournament, formerly Godlike Sundays, has recently moved to Saturdays. Typically these are held on the fist Saturday of the month, but for October it will be this upcoming Saturday, the 19th. We have been running P4A and Guilty Gear but the P4A numbers have not been there in the last few months so it will likely be going away, at least until the update next year. We may be able to talk the organizer into replacing it with BBCP, it would help if interested parties could make it this month or at least join the Indianapolis/netbattles facebook groups and make your interest known.

In November we will be having a larger regional tournament called Naptown Clutch, I don't have all the info on hand but I will try to link it later on. There will be no Godlike Saturdays that month, and as I understand it there are no Indianapolis tournaments planned for December at all. Godlike Saturdays will return in 2014.

I would love to actually play more ASW games against people, I live in lafayette though, and my car has been seriously mangled and needs repairs. But at least I can hopefully get some online matches with people in my state!

XBL: darkarchonisme

currently do have CS:X, waiting for crono phantasma so bad. although, I still love CS:X

Do you have a ps3? Or did they announce BBCP for xbox after all?

Our monthly tournament, formerly Godlike Sundays, has recently moved to Saturdays. Typically these are held on the fist Saturday of the month, but for October it will be this upcoming Saturday, the 19th. We have been running P4A and Guilty Gear but the P4A numbers have not been there in the last few months so it will likely be going away, at least until the update next year. We may be able to talk the organizer into replacing it with BBCP, it would help if interested parties could make it this month or at least join the Indianapolis/netbattles facebook groups and make your interest known.

Nnnnnnnngh, if CP replaces P4A in the line-up then you can expect to see me at every Godlike Saturday/Sunday thereon lol.