Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkusArx

Springfield, Missouri: There's a reason it's pronounced 'Misery'

We'll break your damned ankles.

Anyway, here's the basic information:

Weekly Casual Hookups

Saturday Afternoons @ Next Level Games

1914 S Glenstone Ave (Sunshine & Glenstone Plaza Center)

Saturdays starting at 1PM and running until close (currently 8PM)

Weekly Fighting Game Tournaments

Monday Nights @ Meta Games

3309 E. Sunshine

Springfield, MO 65804

Goes from 7-10 PM and people show up early there regularly. (Around 6ish)

List of Games we play for Casuals:

Super Street Fighter IV AE

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Arcana Heart 3

Blazblue: Continuum Shift

Tekken 6

And whatever else anyone brings in.

On the Meta Games Tournaments we're currently only doing Street Fighter due to lack of interest in BlazBlue (Which makes me rather sadface, we only have roughly 4-6 BlazBlue players). It's commonly run on my PS3 Setup, which has a shoddy monitor with discolored lines on the right side of the screen (I got it for free. >~>) and only 1 Stick that is consistently there. I'm sure we could get a 360 set up going if needed.

Anyone in the surrounding area is totally welcome, because the best type of practice, in my opinion, is LIVE, OFFLINE practice.

Hey, some people pronounce it "Missura", although I want to smack those people... :v:

Anyhoo, yo Springfield. Springfield BB players (and anyone else, really) should drop by KC. We have our monthly Max Out tourney next week, and after that is Screenland Showdown on August 13-14, we have Team EMP and IFC Yipes coming to this! Good times will be had.

Bumping this up in case anyone missed it earlier. >.>

And I'm partially interested in Screen Land. Just need to see how my money plays out. <w<

Just dropping in on the thread. Yeah, I'm here too :D Been a while since I last posted anything though lol.

.... >.>

'Dat avatar looks familiar, Torrey.

Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as SSF4:AE, SF 3S:OE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Melee, Brawl, BB:CS II, and more! Competitors are coming in from at least 6-7 several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please PM me or post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12280-ARK-IV-BB-CSII-MvC3-SSF4-MK9-Melee-Brawl-More!&p=1106804#post1106804

I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med School that I don't have time (though I may check in once in a while if there's interest). Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the regional BlazBlue community as a whole. Thanks guys!

More information on the next tournament at Next Level Games in town, to anyone interested.

For October 22nd, here is our list of games:

Main Games($10):

SSF4:AE

MVC3

BBCS2

MK9 (If we get enough people)

Mid Tier Games($5):

Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix

Arcana Hearts 3

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online

Random ($1 reg):

Whatever the game store owner picks out, so we won't know until we start.

Yeah. Midwest BB Scene is kinda weak. It doesn't help my internet is balls, and I play the worst character to use online so I don't have much chance to practice. (I'm also pretty much the only active member practicing right now, with all the P4 Hype going on.)

Hey, is the Springfield scene still a thing? I just moved in and yeah...the internet is balls here.

Any game online feels like spreading frozen butter on a thin piece of white bread.