Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Order-Sol

Matchup IMO: 5-5. Use 6S for a max range poke very often,order sol has trouble getting in without getting hit by it (generally you'd autoguard everything he throws out at max range) Order-Sol's DP will go over 2S/2D(mid-far range).So use them in your oki/shitsu strings more often to bait out that DP. Watch out for his Force Break,it's a low even though it looks like a high.And to top it off,he can combo off of it. When in a Order-Sol blockstring,BEWARE OF CORNERS.If you're in a corner,he may try to tick grab into serious damage.Generally,both characters have a lot more options when the opponent is cornered.However,Order-Sol rushdown can be long...so be patient and WATCH OUT FOR THAT BANDIT REVOLVER FRC. When Order-Sol uses IAD towards you,6P.That should beat everything he has(he whiffs storm viper I believe). When you get knocked down,here's Order-Sol's options: 1.2D cancel into combo. 2.Keep pressuring with normals(while building up your bar again). 3.Dust. 4.GUNBLAZE. 5.Tick grab. So keep your eyes open,though most Order-Sols prefer to use Gunblaze more often(even whiff one to cross you over again).Holding 4 and pressing K on reaction to gunblaze works best.

If HOS is using non-okizeme gunblaze it's helpful to know that you can beat it with 2S. Other low moves beat it as well but 2S is best because it will combo to 5H on normal hit because he is in crouching state. Also it's best because if you get crossed over you won't miss. This will probably mostly be good to know if he starts using gunblaze to reversal under shitsu on wakeup.

Matchup IMO: 5-5.

Use 6S for a max range poke very often,order sol has trouble getting in without getting hit by it (generally you'd autoguard everything he throws out at max range)

Order-Sol's DP will go over 2S/2D(mid-far range).So use them in your oki/shitsu strings more often to bait out that DP.

Watch out for his Force Break,it's a low even though it looks like a high.And to top it off,he can combo off of it.

When in a Order-Sol blockstring,BEWARE OF CORNERS.If you're in a corner,he may try to tick grab into serious damage.Generally,both characters have a lot more options when the opponent is cornered.However,Order-Sol rushdown can be long...so be patient and WATCH OUT FOR THAT BANDIT REVOLVER FRC.

When Order-Sol uses IAD towards you,6P.That should beat everything he has(he whiffs storm viper I believe).

When you get knocked down,here's Order-Sol's options:

1.2D cancel into combo.

2.Keep pressuring with normals(while building up your bar again).

3.Dust.

4.GUNBLAZE.

5.Tick grab.

6.2H if he has 50% (its an overhead)

7.6K on wakeup is good (has throw invincibility frames)

So keep your eyes open,though most Order-Sols prefer to use Gunblaze more often(even whiff one to cross you over again).Holding 4 and pressing K on reaction to gunblaze works best.

added some more okizeme in there

Thanks, those are important to know. Personally I still lack sufficient experience in this matchup. I know with Sol 2D is a huge problem for Anji. Order Sol's 2D range was beefed in this game so I'm wondering does it have the same range and properties now as Sol's 2D for the most part? Also how much damage will HOS get for landing it? Does the damage take a big jump on counterhit like Sol's does? Probably a complicated question what with the amount of tension, maybe counterhit, and your charge level being involved in the damage but try to give me rough idea. Also wondering if they lead to knockdown, from what I've seen order sol combos often end in his air DP which does not knockdown.

as far as I know, order's 2D is EXACTLY like sols. on ch if he's close enough he can land 150+ for no tension. he can also get knockdown if you're in corner and he's got lvl3. ouch. non-ch is the same thing really except he's got a really tight timing on it, AND he's gotta be at pretty much point blank range. yeah, 2D is beast. :D I'd input more but I don't know the anji matchup at all really.

alright thanks for the input, though someone else told me that his 2D has less range than sol's but maybe I'll just have to check on that for myself

yeah that's what I thought but someone told me even though the range is increased, it's still not quite Sol's range...but yeah I'll have to check it myself, though range is a more ambiguous thing to test than say, damage.

His sweep range is still slightly less than sol's in ac. As for the CH sweep Tiamat, you could potentially get 250+ from it using charge bar or being in the direct corner with possibility of KD but honestly no one would really do that. HOS would rather take the 150 and keep his charge bar to use on mixup. Generally w/o the CH he would just stick to 2d into Gunblaze into etc.

2D and Fafnir rape this fight. This match-up is 6-4 for a reason. Anji's options are too limited against HOS unless he can score a knockdown, and even then he has to heavily bait to keep control. The Highlights: 1.) The issue with this fight is poking and spacing. HOS can swing with 2D all day. It leaves him with frame advantage on guard, or he gets combo on hit or CH with CC (150~ with SJ IAD combo no charge, more damage/knockdown closer to corner). It's shorter than Sol's 2D, but it progresses him forward slightly, so the range is deceptive. Anji trying to deal with 2D sets up HOS' other options. HS Fuujin nets Anji good damage and whiffs 2D, but eats it from GB. Poking with lows or trying to autoguard 2D with 3K/2HS leaves Anji open to Fafnir (230+ easy on CH from midscreen or closer to corner). This is honestly where Anji has the most trouble; he just can't keep HOS out if HOS is poking intelligently and not jumping predictably. 2.) In general, HOS' jump-ins aren't an issue for Anji. 5P and 6K take care of most of them, and 6P stops IADs (lol). 3.) If you do want to poke at mid-range, 6S (as stated earlier in this thread) and 6P are decent options. Both keep HOS away and stop most of his non-low pokes, but they're also succeptable to 2D and running GB (for aforementioned massive damage). Throwing butterfly is also an okay tactic, as it encourages HOS to jump or back off. Anything that forces HOS to jump into Anji's solid anti-airs means free damage for you. 4.) HOS' Oki isn't that threatening to Anji. With reversal HS Fuujin, 6K, and 3K you have an answer for pretty much anything he might throw at you. Cross-up GB is always an option, but becomes something of a novelty once you've been exposed to it enough. The big one is whiffing normals (like 5P and 5K) or manually Charging right on top of you, then doing either 6K or GB to punish you for trying to punish him. Both options lead to good damage, so patience is the key. If you do have to guard, just watch for the throw, which isn't even threatening until you get stuck in the corner. 5.) For your Oki, butterfly and bait. From a certain range, you can punish both GB and SV easily. If SV, 5S© and enjoy your CH combo (AC or not). If GB, 2S, 5HS into combo. Once you get it in HOS' head that he can't special move his way out, you can proceed to mix-up. To sum it up: Make HOS jump and stop swinging lows. Punish him for it. Knock him down. Butterfly Oki, bait reversals/escapes and punish him. Mix-up once he realizes he can't escape.

5.) For your Oki, butterfly and bait. From a certain range, you can punish both GB and SV easily.

hmm yeah I should have mentioned this, haven't tried in match play but on training mode it worked nicely

throw > shitsu

if you dash in with 2S and use it at a far range, you'll hit him if he does GB and also cause his storm viper to miss so it baits both

thank you for the input

Sign in to follow this