Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

Can't wait for all the ironic players to come down with their "Phoenix-Phoenix" teams.
That's not what irony means.

Despite seemingly being a rush job (and that being what was wrong with the first mvc3) I know no fewer than 5 people who have independently told me the only thing that would get them back into marvel was phoenix wright.

I don't think they will be "back" into Marvel for long if what they need to be interested is an additional character that will most likely be bad and never played at competitions.

I don't think they will be "back" into Marvel for long if what they need to be interested is an additional character that will most likely be bad and never played at competitions.
Eh it'll still get game circulation going locally. Can't say I'm particularly excited about it.

That's not what irony means.

Despite seemingly being a rush job (and that being what was wrong with the first mvc3) I know no fewer than 5 people who have independently told me the only thing that would get them back into marvel was phoenix wright.

Now you know six people.

Honestly all this game needs is get rid of Wolverine, Phoenix and X factor to be interesting.

Looks like they're nerfing them all so it's okay, X factor is still a terrible mechanic but they can't very well get completely rid of it now I guess.

This game is a "not sure if want" for me. First one left a bad taste so I'm still on the fence...even if Ghost Rider looks awesome.

Plus I heard Wesker got a rather nasty health nerf. That right there is just icky news to me man. I'll probably wait until it's out and see what people say about it. heres hoping it's not still stupid. (inb4 it's even more broken than before)

Wesker had lots of stuff in Vanilla so a health nerf isnt much of a suprise. If he had akuma health im sure he would still be played :v:

Oh I don't care if he ends up with low health, course I'd still play him...doesn't mean I like it though. xP

Eh I've hopes it'll be better and more balanced than vanilla was...cause I actually did enjoy playing, but it kinda felt like a clusterfuck of shit flying around the screen and easy to confirm touch-of-death combos everywhere...

Scaling needs to be better. Or I'm hoping it's better. Even if I loved Wesker, I knew he dished out a lot of BS...same with a lot of the cast though.

well they are getting rid of the DHC glitch which should help a lot of the 'touch of death' bullshit and while it seems they are not nurfing x-factor to oblivion as i would prefer it, they are at least normalizing its effects across the cast. some characters were so god damned scary (like wesker) partly because with lvl x-f they were just plain stupid.

also this

* The game will have 8 new stages. None of the old stages are going away. Some of the new stages are different versions of old stages, with different weather or time-of-day, and many differences in the background to accommodate those changes.

* UMvC3 will be “on display” at Evo 2011.

* Every old character is being looked at, but not every one will get brand new moves. Some will be tweaked in more subtle ways.

* The team looked at major tournament results when making decisions about what to change in UMvC3.

* DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.

* The number of colors and costumes available per character has increased by an unknown number.

* The encounter with Galactus has been enhanced in UMvC3.

* The game’s netcode has been retooled to ‘reduce lag’, and to make matchmaking easier. This includes easier rematch options online.

* When asked about releasing full and detailed change logs for UMvC3 and/or when the game is patched, Niitsuma just laughed. This is a disappointing difference in culture.

lol @ shadow battle

also this

* The game will have 8 new stages. None of the old stages are going away. Some of the new stages are different versions of old stages, with different weather or time-of-day, and many differences in the background to accommodate those changes.

* UMvC3 will be “on display” at Evo 2011.

* Every old character is being looked at, but not every one will get brand new moves. Some will be tweaked in more subtle ways.

* The team looked at major tournament results when making decisions about what to change in UMvC3.

* DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.

* The number of colors and costumes available per character has increased by an unknown number.

* The encounter with Galactus has been enhanced in UMvC3.

* The game’s netcode has been retooled to ‘reduce lag’, and to make matchmaking easier. This includes easier rematch options online.

* When asked about releasing full and detailed change logs for UMvC3 and/or when the game is patched, Niitsuma just laughed. This is a disappointing difference in culture.

Them looking at tournament results is pretty funny :v:

Glad some Vanilla stuff is carrying over and yes the shadow battle thing is funneh

I probably shouldn't be as happy as i am about the colors but. . .i am. Just weird MvC2 had six and Vanilla had 4:I:(Mag had this sweet ass black/purple color)

Im not falling for the netcode crap anymore capcom. . . .:eng101:

If the touch of death nonsense has been addressed, it's possible that health nerfs might actually mean something now.

so, after reading again this part

DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.

Shuma and Gil would be avaible only for the people who bought them on vanilla, nice capcom :v:

so, after reading again this part

Shuma and Gil would be avaible only for the people who bought them on vanilla, nice capcom :v:

That doesn't say that and if it did it would obviously be bad word choice.

Quoting Keits

As far as I know, this is correct. You need to buy them if you want to select them.

so yeah

Lol capcom alienating the fans by keeping Shuma and Jill dlc. They should have been playable from the start. This is just retarded and poor business

Actually, that is because Marvel doesn't want Shuma to be anything but DLC, and seeing as they need to keep characters in pairs, Jill is kept DLC as well.

EDIT: It is pretty much the reason that both characters were mostly on disc, but still were released as DLC.

Phoenix was heavily requested, by both fans and the creator of the series. He was scrapped in TVC so it's not a surprise.

Everyone complains but they know they're going to buy this game, even if it its in secret. Speculation is gene may be DLC. And lol@real fighter. Everyone knows that doesn't matter.

i like how they said the netcode will be better this time and different from anything they've ever used

as if we have any reason to believe their bs about netcode

Everyone complains but they know they're going to buy this game, even if it its in secret.

gamefly rentals say hi