Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

I don't think they will be "back" into Marvel for long if what they need to be interested is an additional character that will most likely be bad and never played at competitions.

good call. judge the tournament viability of a character before anything about it, including its actual inclusion to the game has been seen.

I couldn't imagine renting a FG....

Unity stream up http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events

it's pretty easy when you know you dont want to be competitive with it and just want to lab random shit

Everyone but you Mightfo. . . .everyone but you. . . .

I'm the only one who rents game he knows he doesn't want to spend full price on? :psyduck:

Fixed

wat

Are you that salty that I dont play marvel with you, or is a silly little joke just going over my head?

Bitter Oso is bitter.

If you can hold onto it for as long as you want until you feel like you're finished with it, why not?

I'm never quite finished, i always go back and play them. But i had "fun" with the original MVC3 and my brothers still play it so....

Bitter Oso is bitter.

Are you that salty that I dont play marvel with you, or is a silly little joke just going over my head?

Fail.gif

And lol@real fighter. Everyone knows in MvC 3 that doesn't matter.

Fixed.

Anyway, It would have been interesting to see someone from God Hand.

Fixed.

Anyway, It would have been interesting to see someone from God Hand.

Chances are there is probably license issues and a low fan base for God Hand. Its not like the game was big seller, has a niche fanbase, but no where near the butthurt Strider fanbase in terms of size. Luckily, us Ace Attorney fans number in the near millions so we got Phoenix finally. Though would have preferred Franziska Von Karma.

you still have to buy them if you want to use them on umvc3 if you didnt buy them on mvc3

i like how they said the netcode will be better this time and different from anything they've ever used

as if we have any reason to believe their bs about netcode

gamefly rentals say hi

im pretty sure that if any would be at the level of ssf4 wich is not great but it seems enough to please a lot of folks :/

System Changes:

DHC Glitch which resets hit stun and damage is gone.

The exchange glitch is gone.

X-Factor has been normalised across the board so the percentage increase in speed/damage is near enough the same for everyone.

X-Factor can be done in the air

X-Factor Lvl1 is now 7 seconds, X-factor lvl2 is now 10 seconds (TBC)

Left and right Aerial Exchange takes away a meter from your opponent

X-Factor health recovery is slower (TBC)

---

Character Changes:

Wolverine

Berserker Slash is not invincible and slower. Can be hit very easily .

Wolverine is apparently at about 75% of his old overall speed. (TBC)

Wolverine has a new move where he does a bunch of slices at close range, with the odd shoutout to "Swiss cheese." This attack is similar to Chun-Li's lightning legs, except it's with his claws.

Wolvie has had a health nerf (TBC)

Phoenix

Can only have one action per jump... meaning one fireball then she floats down.

Tron

Gustaff Fire assist has been nerfed, a bigger hittable box (TBC)

Trons j.H knocks away making it harder to combo after

Trons Bonne Strike has quicker recovery (TBC)

Wesker

Has a health nerf (TBC)

His teleports are slower

Wesker's Air Grab doesn't drop the opponent right below him, now they go flying across the screen.

Dante

Properties on some specials have been changed, ruining some of his BnB combos (TBC)

Hammer invincible air move has been nerfed (TBC)

Dante's j.S has more start up

Million dollars is more punishable

st.L and st.S have slower startup.

Zero

lv.3 Buster causes soft knockdown now (was hard knockdown before).

Zero Rekoha hyper is now wider and covers more ground (TBC)

Taskmaster

Vertical shot (horizontal) distance is now the same as his QCF+M+H

Taskmaster has a new move called the Charge Sting. It impales the opponent, can combo into it. It appears that he can grab and combo after his Charging Star move now.

Taskmasters Shield Charge b+H has had it's distance increased (TBC)

Arthur

health has been buffed (TBC)

Arthur’s air S makes him dive to the ground very quickly now, allowing him to combo easily

Arthur’s Goddess bracelet’s projectiles move much faster (TBC)

Haggar

f+H now causes bounce rather than huge hitstun (TBC)

Haggar's Lariat assisst doesn't cause hard knockdown anymore.

Ryu

Can cancel his overhead into specials

Ryu can charge up his fireballs and they fly so quickly you can barely see them on screen. Charging can be done by holding down the button, like in Street Fighter X Tekken. A fully charged fireball will explode on contact, causing a wall bounce. He can also charge his Shoryuken now.

Has a Denjin Mode Hyper dd+2ATK. Makes all of his specials and supers better (shinkuu hadoken bounces off walls, tatsu super creates a big whirlwind), powered up moves even work when you tag him out for an assist.

Spencer

Has a new move, an air dive that OTG's

Viewtiful Joe

Has the "Slow Dodge" move now. It's a special move that's super cancellable. In the Viewtiful Joe games, if you activated Slow and you got attacked, you'd dodge.

Magneto

Has a new special move where he sucks you in with magnetism. Gravitation magnetizes the opponent. Repulsion pushes them away. Attraction pulls them towards you. His air-to-ground dash is slower now.

Magneto Disruptor slower

Magneto’s j.H knocks away further

His dash range is shorter.

Akuma

Hurricane Kick Assist doesn't knock down anymore, the opponent will flip out. Also cannot infinite light tatsu in lvl3 xfactor.

Akuma has a Demon Flip Command Throw now (TBC)

Dormammu

Possible timing changes for air combos. (TBC)

Reports that his Zoning Specials have become better in speed and recovery. (TBC)

Dorm puts Flame Carpet slighty further out & hitbox change(?). Can cause OTG to hit once and knock people away mid-screen. Causes corner Flame Carpets to hit once on some characters because of the distance it's laid out. Flame Carpet also disappears when Dorm is hit. (TBC)

Can charge Dark Spells while airbourne. Can only charge one at a time and is vunerable until he lands. He stops in the air when performing this special, in the same manner as Dark Hole. (TBC)

Reduced hitstun on cr.M (TBC)

Increased distance on backdash (TBC)

Liberation in the air causes him to teleport to the ground and then perform the release. (TBC)

Can attack out of down-back airdash. Most likely up-back too. (TBC)

Dark Dimension has a larger hitbox. No longer passes under bouncing opponents. (TBC)

Storm

Has a move that pulls in the enemy and pushes them away with wind.

Captain America

Has a double jump now

Captain Americas Shield Slash is faster (TBC)

Captain America overall is a faster character (TBC)

She-Hulk

Slide (cr.C) has had it's range nerfed

She-Hulk's new move is her pulling out a stop-sign and whacking them with it. Can wallbounce, apparently has armor but slow start-up. Reverse DP motion.

TAC Exchange relaunch gone

Hsien-Ko

She has been sped up

Her Hypers and overall damage output is higher

Doom

Dooms j.H laser is faster Faster cr.L (TBC)

Launcher appears to be safer on block (TBC)

Overall, Doom's projectiles appear to be faster now. (TBC)

Doom's forward throw causes a hard knockdown now. (TBC)

Air S moves faster vertically (TBC)

Air S causes groundbounce on juggle (TBC)

Skrull

He can do Meteor Smash in the air

Super Skrull’s lv.3 super can be followed up (TBC)

Deadpool

Quickwork has been sped up and more range (TBC)

Deadpool has faster Ninja Gifts (TBC)

Chris

Has less start up on some of his special moves (TBC)

Iron Man

UniBeam is faster and recovers faster, spammable (TBC)

Iron man can no longer double jump (TBC)

Ironman’s dash is slower, but accelerates and travels further (TBC)

MODOK

Has a new Psionic blaster done with S which may use levels of understanding stocks (TBC)

Morrigan

Finishing shower is faster and speed increase (TBC)

Has a slow fireball that steals meter away from the opponent.

Sentinel

Drones as an assist have been sped up (TBC)

Sentinel no longer has otg rocket punch > HSF after his bnb air combo, they now flip out before the drones hit (TBC)

X-23

Rage Trigger hyper is faster (TBC)

Felicia

d/f+B does less hit stun

Trish

Startup on low voltage REDUCED (TBC)

Recovery on hopscotch ground/air REDUCED (TBC)

Recovery on peekaboo ground/air REDUCED (TBC)

Peekaboo assist faster (TBC)

Hulk

st.H absorbs 3 hits now (TBC)

---

New Characters:

Ghost Rider

Has at least 2 special moves that OTG, and his two level one supers appear to OTG. His level 3 super is a grab where he uses the Penance stare on you. He's a long range limbs Dhalsim type of character.

Strider

Is the first character to have two level 3 supers, (Ragnarok, and the Ouroboros.) Most of his moveset from Marvel 2 was shown. His robot animal super OTGs. Once strider has activated orbs he can do instant overheads with j.C? into full combos.

Firebrand

Level 3 appears to summon a computer controlled doppleganger firebrand to assist. He has a dive kick. Has a special move that drags you to a wall. Has a power up (Devil Trigger style) hyper. Players are already tipping Firebrand to be one of the stronger characters in the game.

Hawkeye

Level 3 super OTGs. He fires off Antman, who hits the opponent, then grows in size and gives the opponent the biggest Monty Python boot known to man. Hawkeye has at least 16 different types arrows he can fire depending on the button pressed (frozen shot, poison shot, piercing shot, triple arrow, scatter shot, and net shot are shown.) He's a status condition inducing zoner.

TBC = To Be Confirmed

Anything you guys have heard or anything that is incorrect please post and I'll update the thread.

**WORK IN PROGRESS**

More details being added regularly

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29565096&postcount=7093

Heres another source with all the current changes. Game looks hype right now, I'm actually excited for it as most of these changes are somewhat going towards the right direction. Spencer looks badass, Captain America is looking really good, Ryu looks silly as all hell and I'm hype for Mr. Wright :3

Tron and Haggar need buffs. They're beginning to look kind of useless with their assists being nerfed.

What I don't get is why Trish gets buffs out the ass when she's already a solid character.