Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

Capcom was looking at tournament results when they decided to make balance changes. Trish wasn't very well represented in the biggest tournaments, despite the fact that she's very solid. Capcom most likely attributed that to the fact that zoning is overall a weak strat in MvC3, hence her rediculous zoning buffs. Also, I've never really seen Trish keep anyone out solo for a very long time. Not saying that the buffs are justified, but that's probably where Capcom was coming from.

sadness over the haggar assist nerf. imo trons assist is in most ways better than haggars (you cant duck gustav fire and punish with jabs like you can double lariat) and tron is a better character overall. the only reason to take haggar is for his assist! (oh, and i do take him, i do!) he is just too slow and easy to zone with pretty much anyone with a fireball when he is on his own.

Trish was my strongest character in MvC3, so I am happy to see she's getting buffed. lol

So is there any footage of HsienKo? I hear she's been sped up, I wonder if it's enough to make a difference.

Magneto

His air-to-ground dash is slower now.

Magneto Disruptor slower

Magneto’s j.H knocks away further

His dash range is shorter.

Dormammu

Flame Carpet also disappears when Dorm is hit. (TBC)

Reduced hitstun on cr.M (TBC)

Iron Man

Iron man can no longer double jump (TBC)

Why would they do this to me?

Also,

MODOK

Has a new Psionic blaster done with S which may use levels of understanding stocks (TBC)

MODOK already has that move.

I dont know if this has been said somewhere. But I wish they put in a female or two. Unless they decide to do some for DLC later. I'm a female character picker. :[

Other than that, I sure hope that this game is a bit more balanced than the current one, alot of people say it is, but we'll just have to see. :)

(Yaay first post :P)

Pfft, this is Marvel we're talking about. BALANCE? Get that nonsense out of here!

...Please Capcom, get rid of that stupid X-Factor. It makes me want to burn down orphanages.

I wish they just made all the X-Factor times the same as Lv 1.

Then X-Factor 3 would still be OP but wouldnt last long enough to kill off 3 of my characters :v:

Or just remove it but judging from the giant X's on the new Hud i dont think that will happen :psyduck:

I dont think it should be removed because I feel like guard cancel Xfactor is important defensively and I feel like it does add to the game, just not with the level 3 fucking madness. i mean, effectively it's just a meter-unrelated power/speed boost connected to a cancel. the power boost just ends up being fucking insane, especially in conjunction with certain characters.

I admit, some characters make good use of X-Factor (THOR), but I still die a little inside every single time someone pulls out a Level 3 X-Factor. I never use X-Factor unless I'm trolling with Sentinel, or I'm playing as Thor and taking advantage of X-Factor guard cancels into Mighty Tornado.

*they are making it last a shorter period of time, which should help.

*they are normalizing its effects for the entire cast, so everyone can take advantage of it equally.

*i believe they are toning it down all together, but not sure if thats going to matter as people have been saying damage seems to be higher overall.

personally i am fine with it lasting longer, my idea of a good version of x-factor is let it act as a roman cancel, let it cancel guard stun, let it stop chip damage but dont have it boost speed or damage. so as you get fewer fighters x-factor gives you a longer time where you dont take cheese.

I like the idea of X-Factor functioning like a Roman Cancel/Guard Cancel, it requires more intelligent use of it compared to HERP DERP LEVEL 3.

If they're going to use something like Roman Cancel/Rapid Cancel, X-Factor is going about it the wrong way. I'd sacrifice 2 hypers before I'd throw away X-Factor if I'm trying to combo with Zero.

X-Factor should be the equivalent of Dragon Install 2nd, IMO...

yet it shows overall damage has been increased, which is retarded
I'm pretty sure that it was said that there was no damage increase and that it was all due to the lifebar change, no? I could be wrong but I remember reading such a thing.

I'm pretty sure that it was said that there was no damage increase and that it was all due to the lifebar change, no? I could be wrong but I remember reading such a thing.

lol they can say whatever, but when you see characters dying faster than either life has been changed all over the board, for worse, or damage has went up