Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

The only thing you should be hating on about Phoenix Wright is his voice.

Regardless, his style looks awesome, as I expected. I'll definitely be trying him out. My troll team will probably be him, the other Phoenix, and Rocket Raccoon.

from the videos ive seen, in investigation mode (magnifying glass): spam evidence to fill the folders by your super meter, if it's good evidence, the folder background will light up, otherwise it wont and you should throw it out.

after you ahve 3 pieces of good evidence, go into courtroom mode (lawyer badge). hit (or counter?) with "Objection!" text bubble to enter finger install. finger install has a timer, but seems to be pretty long. finger pointing seems super powered up and you have access to your level 3.

you can switch between investigation and courtroom mode anytime

especulation on how phoenix plays

Ok, NOW I think I get it.

He can enter Trial Mode at any point from investigation mode.

He can go back to Investigation Mode from Trial mode by performing the Overruled Hyper Combo (and maybe at will?).

In Investigation Mode he can gather evidence and summon Maya.

Gathered meat is eaten, bad evidence shows up in a dim folder, good evidence shows up in a lit folder.

Good and bad evidence can be thrown as a weak looking projectile.

In Trial Mode he can throw and read papers.

Any gathered evidence can be presented as various beam specials like straight beam, spread beam, and arcing (homing?) beam.

If he has three pieces of good evidence he can Objection! to enter Turnabout mode.

In Turnabout Mode he can give his opponent the finger which is insanely fast, has great range, does big damage, and causes all sorts of bouncing.

He has access to his Level 3.

edit

Here's what I've heard so far. Don't shoot me if some part of this ends up wrong and sorry if some of it's already been mentioned or figured out:

--pick up evidence with attack+S; left evidence slot is L+S, middle is M+S, right is H+S

-----you know you get the right evidence when the folder lights up; if it's the wrong evidence, the folder doesn't light up

-----can throw evidence back as a projectile against the opponent by pressing that evidence folder command again (ie if you want to throw left evidence, just press L+S again), which you'll want to do when the evidence is wrong but can do even with correct evidence if you want

-----there are lots of different pieces of correct and incorrect evidence, mostly treated the same by the game but some do different things like give health back etc

-----the game doesn't require the same 3 pieces of evidence every time, the evidence that's treated as correct apparently changes game to game or something

--magic series doesn't really work with him, some normals are not cancelable into other normals such as st M, the paper toss thing

--basic mode, no evidence gathered

-----this is what you start out in, can see this by the little magnifying glass to the right of the evidence folders

-----only has a few special moves, like just maya and walk forward paper smack thingy

-----maya basically there to set up evidence gathering, can call assist and use maya barrier etc at the same time to set up a shield for evidence

--fancier mode (no idea what it's called),

-----when you have all the right evidence you do some command and go into this mode, you can see you're in this mode by the little attorney badge on the right of the evidence

-----gives access to something else, don't really know, but maybe those projectiles in the videos? he never does them in the vids unless he's in fancier mode so I assume so

--raoh mode (no idea what it's really called but... get used to hearing it called that on streams heh)

-----when in fancier mode, press some command and OBJECTION comes out as a huge attack that turns you into Raoh, can see this by the finger to the right of the evidence folders

----------OBJECTION is cancelable, launches, can be done on the ground or in the air

-----he gets faster, does more damage

-----gigantic H normals in the form of these huuuge pointer fingers; cr H is slightly upward angled, st H too but higher obviously, and jump H is angled down, all angled at super awesome angles

----------justice fingers all juggle extremely easily, no timing at all required

----------ground justice fingers wall bounce

----------air justice finger ground bounces

-----here's a nice little combo: OBJECTION, juggle H, juggle H, juggle H, juggle H, juggle H xx lv3 = 1.3 million damage. /me rubs eyes WHAA?

--supers

-----maya shuffle, not very damaging in basic mode

-----justice hammer: otg

-----lv3 super is gravity squeeze

----------hits everywhere on screen almost instantly, does stupid damage

----------has access to this super whenever he has three bars, no fancier or raoh mode required

--assists

----only heard about one: apparently walk toward paper smack thingy... is invincible as an assist. Zoinks amirite?

That's all I got so far, gonna try to pump more people for more info lol!

YAY PHOENIX WRIGHT FOOTAGE-

*notices Sam Riegel is voicing Phoenix*

OH GOD WHY IS HIS VOICE BAD NOOOOOOOOOO

Something tells me the ADR was done while PW was in the works. They had no idea he was gonna be this goofy and Sam is much more capable than this.

Holy crap Phoenix sounds hard to use. But I bet lots of people will use him simply because of that....

he's an interesting character if nothing else, i'm seeing a pattern of pheonix's having very powerful installs, but one is here and gone in a flash, and the other sticks around forever to poke and throw papers at your face

Wait what, Nick's assist is invincible? I wonder what quantity of drugs are consumed by the development team

so aprently PW lvl 3 does 600k damage

Holy...CAPCOM are you COMPLETELY insane?!

Regarding the voice... at least he's a Capcom character so he'll have a JP voice too. Which will be better anyway :weeaboo:

Wright looks like something so stupidly absurd (even for MAHVEL standards), it actually looks.

Nova... fuck him, uninspired piece of shit.

i actually like nova, he's like iron man meets x-23 with his angled dashes with a touch of super skrull but i would actually play him (not in his original colors god, hoping he'll have nice alternates)

There's not enough love for Nova. He's my type of character. Get in there and just fuck shit up. The only thing that disappoints me is the lack of worldmind. I would like to see some interaction with him in his intro and win poses

nova looks fun as fuck

dat slide

still wont play this game though, probably, especially with kof13 coming out right afterwards

don't mind the 600k damage if it takes effort to get to it

I do mind the 7 minute scene though

I agree. Better animation and a shorter scene would be perfect.

Nova is basically the Captain Commando/Captain Falcon of this game, guys...show some respect. :)

who? and who?

:P

I really hate these Captain Falcon comparisons.

From the archive stream his Gravimetric Pulse works like Aegis Reflector and stays out for a long time.

Haven't played the game since the first one, thinking of picking it up again. After looking at the cast, thinking of learning Spencer, Taskmaster, and X-23. Would that be a good mix? pros/cons