Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

Why is everyone convinced Strider (or Zero) is weak without meter? He can zone, can't he? He's fast, isn't he? What's the problem?

Zero, Vergil, Taskmaster

HELL YEAH!!!

also im considering on pick spencer again

maybe, vergil, spencer, nemesis to take the place (at least for a while) of zero, taskmaster, sentinel

Still going for my team:

Strider(Point)/Zero (Battery)/Vergil (Ender)

I can already see that you're going to lose a lot and spend a lot of time in the lab with this team.

someone post up any nova combos you find for me prz. I'm trying to fool around and I have a few decent ones, but it seems like he just gets murdered by hitstun deterioration.

edit: apparently desk picked up nova. looks like I'm set for combos. :yaaay:

Nova

WWHY E9 IFC Yipes Vs FC JAGO UMVC3

Dormamu

Nemesis

Some Vergil Resets

Dante

Chun li

Marvel Madness matches from Maximilian, part 3:

Vergil

Strider

Dr Strange

Haggar

I can already see that you're going to lose a lot and spend a lot of time in the lab with this team.

That's part of the fun of learning a team you know. >_>

Who said that?

Somebody was complaining about Strider's meter requirements earlier in this thread, dunno who.

Put morrigan or some other meter giver in there and spam projectiles while you build meter. :o

Also, he can still do some good damage without meter and some OTG assists.

Just got the game and holy shit it is such a big improvement over Vanilla. Controls actually feel smooth now like going to SF4 to SSF4. Online is much better as well.

Just got the game and holy shit it is such a big improvement over Vanilla. Controls actually feel smooth now like going to SF4 to SSF4. Online is much better as well.

Agreed. Online was smooth when I played in a 8 man lobby earlier (was on a win streak lol)

Spencer/Frank West/Hawkeye is gdlk.

I'll post up my thoughts on the new characters after I actually get some practice in with all of them. I will say this though - Wesker is still a fucking god. Seriously, you do the same shit from Vanilla and you win. Doesn't matter who your teammates are.

its a future free dlc

Unlocked galactus mode

:/

well, i never expected anything better tbh

Some impressions of the characters

Capcom

Vergil: Not as simple as I thought he would be, but easier execution-wise than Dante. He's like Dante + Wesker in a way. Pretty fun.

Phoenix Wright: Loads of fun to be had here, but landing that Objection takes a while after getting your evidence. Once you do though, DARK PHOENIX WRIGHT RISES.

Strider Hiryu: Extremely versatile. I like him a lot better than his MVC2 incarnation. Might main him. Personal fav from Capcom side.

Firebrand: Flying Wolverine. Very, VERY trolly in the right hands. His resets are extremely easy to pull off and he can cross you up with them.

Frank West: Starts out simple but gets complex really quick with the level system. Kinda like him.

Nemesis: Like a combination of Hulk and Sentinel. Biohazard Rush destroys turtlers.

Marvel

Nova: Looks generic but is actually kinda hard to use. Still doesn't change the fact that I fucking hate him because A.) His name is Dick Rider and B.) He still looks generic.

Ghost Rider: Really fun to use. All the shit he can do with his chains is just awesome.

Iron Fist: For a Rekka character, he's executed really well in Marvel. It's a shame that in Marvel, comboing into Rekkas feels weird and out of place. Still pretty fun and simplistic.

Dr. Strange: God I wish this guy had an airdash. My personal favorite of the new Marvel characters. I love his style, his moves, his everything.

Hawkeye: I don't like him that much. His moveset seems too bland and he doesn't have a lot going for him. His Level 3 is hilarious though.

Rocket Raccoon: Hardest of the new characters to learn. Also probably trollier than Firebrand. Gonna be real fun watching him in tournaments.

Phoenix Wright: Loads of fun to be had here, but landing that Objection takes a while after getting your evidence. Once you do though, DARK PHOENIX WRIGHT RISES.

I think you can land it after a standing H. The harder part is getting the evidence. He loses pretty badly to heavy rushdown and heavy zoning from characters like Magneto [what else is new].

Rocket Raccoon: Hardest of the new characters to learn. Also probably trollier than Firebrand. Gonna be real fun watching him in tournaments.

He's much more fun to use than to watch :3