Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

EDIT : Wait, Ryu has arachnophobia ? That's new.

i see it more like racism against the spiders >:3

EDIT : Wait, Ryu has arachnophobia ? That's new.

No it's not...

That's one of the oldest misc fact about Ryu ever. He once woke up with a spider in his mouth and it freaked him out so much in turned into a phobia. Sadly in SF4 he doesn't show this when up against Juri but in MvC3 (even in the original) he'll state his distaste for them when facing Spiderman

You two speak the truth. ^^

Roll > Mega Man

I want TvC Roll in this game as dlc now. Fat chance of that happening though :(

Hmmm... TvC Roll was pretty fun to play, yeah. But, she would need some buffs if she was to be put in MvC3, maybe.

Apparently Deadpool has a different intro phrase if he's wearing the Cable outfit. He says "And you thought Cable wasn't in this game."

And Hsien-Ko has a special line against another Hsien-Ko. Too bad a Hsien-ko mirror match has never actually happened in the history of MvC3.

its been in there since mvc3. i play h-ko and i got the "I thought we were only twins" line before

Yeah it's such an obscure and niche reference I doubt ANYONE will actually get it off hand, regardless of their region. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this reference but I guess it's kinda cool their showing some love to one of their smaller, less known series.

you can still immediately block following an x-factor, right?

I only ask because I played a few matches online tonight, and both times I tried to x-factor to save from chip and got hit following both of them. I'm assuming it's just one of those online quirks, but would like to be sure.

Anybody know any good Virgil combos?

half the youtube videos out for umvc3 right now are vergil combos :/

pretty sure you'll find at least 10 different combo videos of vergil in the last couple pages of this thread alone

turn on x factor level 3 and mash hshshshshshshshshshs

best blockstring

Don't forget to use assist's if you have them for chip damage