Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

I play Taskmaster and even I think that shit's stupid. I learned the hard way in vanilla not to do use Web Swing in a block string because it's -6, easily punished by a fast L or airthrow. Now only the former is true and I can swing all day on a lot of characters with pretty much no risk. I don't really like 1 frame throws in general, but dealt with it in vanilla. Now anyone with a decent st./air H can mash all day with no consequence.

All it really needs is more pushback, especially for big hitboxes like Hulk's...and maybe Throw-Reject-Miss for mashers, lol

Times like this I wish I had The New Testament. I loves me some frame data.

:TE: lol

Also...once again...my PS3 has YLOD'd...I'm willing to bet I'll get good at this game as soon as UMvC3 II Turbo comes out.

Also here's hoping they fix Strider's Wall Cling Ouroboros glitch.

So I hear the Heroes & Heralds thingie is out, can someone check if the throw tech glitch really is gooone?

Edit: Oh, they killed PW

Good shit capcom, you just killed my one reason for playing this game seriously.

The worst part about it is that they didn't give him something MEANINGFUL to compensate. I would have been happy with this nerf if it meant giving him tools to make him a solid character. But then I forgot capcom don't do balance.

I preferred Get'em Missile over the Press the Witness assist anyway. These nerfs don't mean shit. Phoenix Wright is still a fun character to play and that is what truly matters. Fuck everyone who says that he's a waste of a slot now and especially fuck everyone who says that Megaman should've gotten in over him.

Also the Swagneto DLC pack has been delayed because they're changing Mag's outfit from the House of M one to avoid getting sued by Spain (outfit is based on one of their kings). Truly a shame, because I loved that costume. Oh well, let's hope they pull another Bison reference or something. Just any costume without the helmet will do.

Also the Swagneto DLC pack has been delayed because they're changing Mag's outfit from the House of M one to avoid getting sued by Spain (outfit is based on one of their kings).

Why would they sue Capcom, anyways? Is the outfit copyright-protected? Or are they offended by Magneto's villainy?

I preferred Get'em Missile over the Press the Witness assist anyway. These nerfs don't mean shit. Phoenix Wright is still a fun character to play and that is what truly matters. Fuck everyone who says that he's a waste of a slot now and especially fuck everyone who says that Megaman should've gotten in over him.

Why use a bad character for something as subjective as "fun"? You should be playing to win, especially since it's possible to have "fun" playing many other viable characters at the same time. I don't know about you, but I have fun winning not losing.

Also, Heroes and Heralds is so ridiculous. Multiple Dark Weskers with multiple x-factors is funny.

Why use a bad character for something as subjective as "fun"? You should be playing to win, especially since it's possible to have "fun" playing many other viable characters at the same time. I don't know about you, but I have fun winning not losing.

Why berate someone simply for using a character that they enjoy, regardless of tier placement? Someone who plays to win getting mad at someone who plays for fun is just as bad as someone who plays for fun getting mad at someone who plays to win.

Why would they sue Capcom, anyways? Is the outfit copyright-protected? Or are they offended by Magneto's villainy?

Some stupid reason I'm sure. See, Marvel got in trouble for it because the image the costume comes from, the cover for the House of M issue, was an exact plagiarism of the Juan Carlos image, just with Mag's head photoshopped onto it basically. The costume, however, is not copyrighted. Until we get word that Spain threatened to sue, Capcom is just being fucking retarded.

Also, Heroes and Heralds is so ridiculous. Multiple Dark Weskers with multiple x-factors is funny.

Man, MetalSonic, what happened to you? You used to be cool back during the good ol' days of laggy Reload on OG Xbox. Now you so tryhard.

And yes Heroes and Heralds is awesome. Wesker + Mandarin/Fin Fang Foom/Multiple Man = Ultimate Super Ultra Dark God Wesker.

Why berate someone simply for using a character that they enjoy, regardless of tier placement? Someone who plays to win getting mad at someone who plays for fun is just as bad as someone who plays for fun getting mad at someone who plays to win.

lol it's not even about getting mad, I just don't like hearing something as ridiculous as this: "These nerfs don't matter cuz idc about them he's fun and you guys are all stupid fucks for saying he isn't viable now".

Of course, the way he's talking about the character implies he doesn't even main him but just uses him for casual matches. I've fought a dedicated Phoenix Wright player that's probably one of the best out there, and the nerf hurts his game a LOT. Not only does he have to worry about TOD combos from Zero, but now once he finally gets his evidence and objection every five matches, he hardly gets any reward other than PW being an actual character for a bit.

The point is, why support the nerf of a bad character for something as subjective as fun? I'm sure people had MORE fun playing him before he was nerfed.

Okay, I've been out of the loop since my PS3 died...any changes/fixes to Strider Zero or Vergil?

Also, regarding H+H Cards...what kind of stats can you mess with? I haven't gotten to try it yet, so I'm hoping I can give Strider extra HP or maybe make him faster or something.