Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

And lol @ Megaman's card being great for Zero. Capcom loves trolling Megaman fans so much.

Well actually I've used the Megaman card for Zero as a Primary card, and for some reason the opponent will tech out of his buster and raikousens. This ruins his combos completely.

I'm guessing the Megaman Card needs something that increases stun damage for it to be effective...IMO it probably is more useful for Vergil or other charge characters that have lockdown potential.

Does anyone know how you collect these? And can you actually TRAIN with them offline?

Yes you can use them in Training mode to get a feel for how they work once you get them and you collect them by doing the H&H mode on or offline

Actually I've seen other people report the same Zero thing with other cards. I've also seen people saying it's affected Ryu's L tatsu as well. Seems like it's just a bug, not an effect of the card.

You collect cards by winning H&H matches online or beating the CPU offline. There's a guide on how all that works when you start it up. And yes, you can go into training mode and practice with your card sets.

Has anyone else seen the set that let's you win by push blocking? Clair - Thanos - anyone else? Clair gives you back about 15 percent DEAD health everytime you pushblock for 1 meter. Thanos gives about 1.5 meters over time for every push block, and it stacks with itself, so 2 seperate push blocks would give back 3 meter. I don't have all the cards, so I assume a good Autoblock secondary does exists, so you could just press A+B once in a while and win if the enemy doesn't have command grabs. I hope I'm missing something here.

so I'm hoping I can give Strider extra HP

Use Maestro in the primary slot. It'll give Strider tons of health.

Jokes aside, how much health would Strider have with Maestro in the primary slot? I'm guessing less than Phoenix. Fin Fang Foom sounds pretty broken at to me at the moment. From what I can imagine, it should be possible to X-Factor infinite your opponent to oblivion, while simultaneously building meter for the next X-Factor use. Who needs Hypers?

That's not even why FFF is stupid. It's dumb because you can put Dr. Wily as primary (increase attack power in proportion to how much meter you have), FFF as a secondary (constant xfactor when you have 3 meters or more, can't use hypers), and Mephisto as the other secondary (start with 3 meters). It's infinite x factor and it's almost like it's level 3 for each character because of Wily.

Of course, now people are starting to run anti-FFF decks by including Godot as primary (Switch meters with your opponent when you activate x factor) and other things like that.

That's not even why FFF is stupid. It's dumb because you can put Dr. Wily as primary (increase attack power in proportion to how much meter you have), FFF as a secondary (constant xfactor when you have 3 meters or more, can't use hypers), and Mephisto as the other secondary (start with 3 meters). It's infinite x factor and it's almost like it's level 3 for each character because of Wily.

Of course, now people are starting to run anti-FFF decks by including Godot as primary (Switch meters with your opponent when you activate x factor) and other things like that.

Haha, that reminds me of the Iai Strike Build in Duodecim.

There's always some combination that's broken in card decks, lol, be it Magic, Yu Gi Oh, or the others. :D

So. I've been trying to build a team based around the fact that I want to play as Viewtiful Joe.

Any suggestions on teammates for Joe? What works best for him?

OMG SO GAY noob its a figthing game not a running game -.- fight like a man

I love seeing messages like this in my inbox.

But in all seriousness. I'll probably need an arcade stick in order to play like Dieminion..

Not really, you can probably learn to play exactly how he plays his team within a hour of practice, a lot more if you plan on learning how to actually do real Morrigan and Strange combos.

a lot more if you plan on learning how to actually do real Morrigan and Strange combos.

That's actually what I've been doing.

Learning the basics for the whole team. Then I was going to go in and learn Dieminion's combos

Can someone explain these cards and how I can use them better?:

--Lady: (what does Instant Attack mean?)

--Princess/other: (I haven't tried it yet, but how do you Rapid Cancel in this game? I know how to do it in Guilty Gear...but...)

--Devilot: (just so I'm clear, what's the difference between a Hyper Combo and a Delayed Hyper Combo???)

--Nina: (what do they mean by "increase the number of special moves that can be done in the air"? Do they mean you can do more, or that certain moves become aerial moves?)

--Ms. Marvel: (How do I reflect damage?)

--Hayato: (What do they mean by 6-Chain combo?)

Can someone explain these cards and how I can use them better?:

--Lady: (what does Instant Attack mean?)

every assist that has the instant propierty, like haggar (at least on mvc3), i guess that it has to do with invulnerable frames at the begining of the attacks

--Devilot: (just so I'm clear, what's the difference between a Hyper Combo and a Delayed Hyper Combo???)

its when you are doing your HC with your point char and then you input a new HC move and the Assist 1 tags in to do his/her super

--Nina: (what do they mean by "increase the number of special moves that can be done in the air"? Do they mean you can do more, or that certain moves become aerial moves?)

characters like phoenix only can do one special on the air, after that they fall to the ground unnable to make another action

--Hayato: (What do they mean by 6-Chain combo?)

you can do stuff like A, 2A, B, 2B, C, 2C, even when for the character that isnt a normal route of chains due some of his/her normals dont chain normally like that

Thanks, Hecatom.

Posting these decks I found here, cuz people might like trying them:

Mephisto*/MultipleMan/LukeCage

Mephisto*/Daken/TheWatcher

Sabretooth*/LukeCage/LukeCage

Daken*/LukeCage/LukeCage

RedHulk*/LukeCage/TheWatcher

SilverSamurai*/Kajin no Soki/Kajin no Soki

Lin*/Lin/Lilith

TheWatcher*/Myria/Lilith

GrandMaster*/Mephisto/FingFangFoom

Kajin no Soki*/TheWatcher/TheWatcher

FouLu*/MultipleMan/MilesEdgeworth

Mephisto*/FouLu/MilesEdgeworth

Dr.Wily/Akira/FingFangFoom

FouLu*/FouLu/MilesEdgeworth

Devilot*/SilverSurfer/FantasticFour

Lilith*/MultipleMan/Kingpin

Mandarin*/Dr.Wily/FingFangFoom

WHERE THAT S-TIER AT YOU AINT PLAYING MAHVELL IF YOU AINT PLAYING CHEAP NIGGA

Who doesnt love Team Trenchcoat

Need a team that can Spa- I mean zone people as much as I can saw what you guys posted on the Dieminion guy but i need something that is more annoying

That video just reminds me of how much I suck at this game. I want to know what assists I can use to extend my teams' combos.

Currently:

Zero *point* (Hadangeki)

Vergil *mid* (Rapid Slash)

Strider *closer* (Gram)

Ryu *point* (Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku)

Hulk *mid* (Gamma Wave)

Nova *closer* (Rocket Punch)

Morrigan *point* (Dark Harmonizer)

Hsien-Ko *mid* (Senpu-bu)

Phoenix *closer* (TK Shot)

Blade, I'll see if I can't help you out when I get the time.

I don't play a few of those characters, so I'm going to have to learn a good bit first.

I'll also test some of the other assists with each team to see what works best. =)