Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

That video just reminds me of how much I suck at this game. I want to know what assists I can use to extend my teams' combos.

Currently:

Zero *point* (Hadangeki)

Vergil *mid* (Rapid Slash)

Strider *closer* (Gram)

Ryu *point* (Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku)

Hulk *mid* (Gamma Wave)

Nova *closer* (Rocket Punch)

Morrigan *point* (Dark Harmonizer)

Hsien-Ko *mid* (Senpu-bu)

Phoenix *closer* (TK Shot)

Personal opinion on your team setups.

Team 1: Replace Gram with Vajra. When you get your opponent in the corner, your only choices as combo extenders with the team setup are Rapid Slash and replacing Hadangeki with Shippuga. You're better off with a "get off me" assist when you're using low-health characters.

Team 2: First things first, put Nova on point. Nova is a much better point than either of the other two because he can get in with airdashes and he has very powerful combos. Take out Gamma Wave assist for Hulk and put in Anti-Air Gamma Charge. With Nova on point, you could have either Ryu or Hulk as an anchor but I recommend putting Hulk on anchor because with Level 3 X-Factor he deals a fuckton of damage.

Team 3: Since you have Morrigan with Dark Harmonizer, I recommend having Hsien-Ko on point. She doesn't DHC well with Morrigan on point (only Chireitou and Gold Mode super are good with DHCs from Morrigan), but with her on point you can go from any of her supers to Shadow Servant. Be very careful when building meter and use it wisely.

Thanks! I will keep working at it.

Team 1: Also, although those are the characters I play with the most...I am not good at most of them. I'm probably most familiar with Zero/Vergil/Strider, but Vergil and Zero are the ones I have trouble doing normal and extended combos for. Vergil especially, but Zero's air combos and air tech traps I have yet to comprehend. In Zero's case though, I know a semi-combo infinite for (2L 5M 5H 6H 2L 5M 5H 6H repeat).

Team 2: Ryu I'm fairly good at, since I can usually combo into Shinkuu Tatsumaki or Mule Kick into Shinkuu Hadouken, so he's a one-man army most of the time with me. Hulk, not so much, I use him as a Tank to super-armor through stuff, so I'm not really familiar with his combos, same goes for Nova.

Team 3: Morrigan is probably my best character, since I can combo easiest with her from airdash Drill kick j.S into 5H 2P(x2) 5H semi infinites, but I have a hard time chaining moves together with Hsien-Ko, since half the time 2H isn't close enough to link into S or gets pushblocked. Actually I don't really know how she gets in or half her combos, she's so weird, I just use Sempu-bu half the time. Phoenix I'm okay with, but Dark Phoenix not so much, so knowing what both can do would help.

Your teams are very awkward, to say the least.

You definitely need to switch Strider to Vajra though, it's going to help you a lot more using Virgil and Zero. It especially helps keep the opponent pinned down when you're on point with Zero, considering he's very floaty, it also work wonders against zoners and airdashers.

I'm messing around with your Hulk, Ryu, Nova team, I came up with this Hulk Corner BnB that you should SERIOUSLY learn, it's super easy and can be hit-confirmed into by pretty much all of his normals:

cr.LM > f+M > S > j.MMHS > Ryu Assist (Tatsu) > Gamma Wave > Ryu Final Hit > Anti-Air Gamma Charge L~Followup H > cr.HS > j.HS > Gamma Wave H > Gamma Crush= 942,600 DMG, the super pays for itself, and leaves you with a 3rd of a bar.

I'm not liking the Nova Strike assist, I think Centurion Rush is a better assist. It hits overhead, letting you preform unblockable setups, it ground bounces, and it has better proration then Nova Strike.

Using Centurion Rush you can extend the above combo to:

cr.LM > f+M > S > j.MMHS > Ryu Assist > Gamma Wave > Ryu Final Hit > Anti-Air Gamma Charge L~Followup H > cr.HS > j.HS > Gamma Wave L > Nova Assist > st.H > Gamma Wave H > Gamma Crush= 1,024,600 DMG, leaves you with slightly over half a bar.

From a st.H:

st.HS > j.MMHS > Gamma Wave > Ryu Assist > cr.HS > j.MMHS > Gamma Wave L > Nova Assist (Cent Rush) > st.H > Gamma Wave H > Gamma Crush= 1,042,400 DMG

The Centurion Rush assist is miles better, IMO.

EDIT: I've been messing around with Ryu a little bit this morning, I didn't feel like looking anything up for him, so this is VERY basic:

cr.L xN > st.MH > f+H > Nova Assist (Cent) > Tatsu L > Wavedash > cr.HS > j.MMHS > Hulk Assist (Wave) > S > j.MMHS > Air Shinkuu Hadouken= 680-730K depending on the starter/how many L's you hit with/how many hits of j.M you landed, gains it's own meter.

The Hulk OTG only works in the corner, it's not fast enough, nor does it reach far enough to be used mid-screen. It's really good for Ryu though, so I say keep that.

Nova gains little to nothing with this team, when he's on point, their assists do pretty much nothing for him. So I say you should use him on point, just to whore meter for Ryu, and Ryu will kill off as much as he can, to make Hulk insanely fast and strong in Lvl. 3 X-Factor.

Okay this is really getting to me, I'm a total noob...what the hell is Wavedash and how do you do it? I heard Strider is good at this.

2 attack butons to dash, and then cancel and recover teh dashing animation by inputting a crouch really quicky and rest to 5, and then dash again

should be 5A+B>2>5A+B>2 etc,

Is it dependent on using the attack button dash input? Or can you do 66 > 2 > 66 > 2 on pad?

you can, but its much easier to do the AB method, since you can mash it out really fast

for strider though, in ouroboros mode you're prretty much forced to do the ab ab method since 66 doesnt shoot any balls out

Okay, I just found a totally fun Deck for Strider:

Sabertooth*/Lin/MultipleMan

Not only does it help with the lack of HP Strider so desperately needs, it boosts his speed AND it cuts back on his meter use so he can build it for Level 3: Ouroboros and Ragnarok. :D

And besides that there's the fact you get 3 lives, which reminds me of Arcade Strider, lol

Only deck so far I've lost to is Sabertooth*/LukeCage/LukeCage (Regeners versus Regeners never win)

But I have a hard time chaining moves together with Hsien-Ko, since half the time 2H isn't close enough to link into S or gets pushblocked. Actually I don't really know how she gets in or half her combos, she's so weird, I just use Sempu-bu half the time.

My BnBs with Hsien-Ko are

Midscreen: st.M > cr.M > cr.H > f+H > j.MH(3 hits)S > st.M > L Henkyo Ki > st.M > cr.H > S > j.MMH(3 hits)S (Tenrai Ha) About 430,000 damage meterless, about 550,000 damage with Tenrai Ha

Corner: st.M > cr.M > cr.H > f+H > M Henkyo Ki [st.M > cr.H > f+H > M Henkyo Ki]x2 cr.H > S > j.H(3 hits)S (Tenrai Ha) About 480,000 damage meterless, about 640,000 damage with Tenrai Ha

They're both fairly tricky, but they're Hsien-Ko's best solo combos at the moment. I'll get to throw BnB's later.

Thanks for that! Right now, I'm of the opinion that GameFAQs and SRK are completely useless, particularly SRK because the webpage takes forever to load.

Does anyone know if there are other combo extenders besides OTG assists? I don't have many of those with my teams....particularly my A Team, but I once saw someone use Vergil and Strider's Vajira Assist effectively as a combo extender. Also haven't found a good combo for Zero and Vergil's Rapid Slash yet.

SRK is not useless. They're the go-to site for UMVC3 strats.

GameFAQs on the other hand is filled to the brim with every single idiot on the planet. Its moderation and rule system is fucking stupid, and the forums are filled with nothing but stereotypical bitching about how what they want isn't in the game, and kids who love to talk shit over the internet and can't fucking spell correctly. Fuck GameFAQs.

Then someone please tell the guys running SRK they need better code to run the forum. At least THIS forum runs smoothly. Theirs chugs like slow-motion...their advertising is even worse.

Thanks for that! Right now, I'm of the opinion that GameFAQs and SRK are completely useless, particularly SRK because the webpage takes forever to load.

Does anyone know if there are other combo extenders besides OTG assists? I don't have many of those with my teams....particularly my A Team, but I once saw someone use Vergil and Strider's Vajira Assist effectively as a combo extender. Also haven't found a good combo for Zero and Vergil's Rapid Slash yet.

You play anime games so you'll pick up that combo pretty quickly.

I don't usually switch to swords DHC after Rekkouha, I use Vergil's other one because of the Air Untechable aspect that lets me DHC it to Strider's Legion or Ragnarok. (Also Rekkouha has a height-dependent issue if you don't cancel it fast enough).

...Um...one thing I am confused about...Zero was damn fast in those combos and was doing what looked like a "falling j.2H"...what's the timing for that? I tried it a few times and I can only seem to land it in the corner, not midscreen like he was doing.

I'm *really* bad at taking notes during Youtube combo videos. :/

So I came across my first rage quitter and booster simultaneuosly in Ranked just now. Zero/Doom/Wesker relying on stupidly predictable Zero/Wesker teleport L's only with Doom beam assist. Nearly OCV'd with Frank when he pulled the plug. 44-1 was the record I saw.

So I came across my first rage quitter and booster simultaneuosly in Ranked just now. Zero/Doom/Wesker relying on stupidly predictable Zero/Wesker teleport L's only with Doom beam assist. Nearly OCV'd with Frank when he pulled the plug. 44-1 was the record I saw.

Wow, that's just pathetic. That guy needs to get off of ranked match and learn to play the game so he can EARN those wins.

I keep being penalized for someone else quitting lately. I do not remember it doing that before

Probably a glitch. Some friends of mine got it for not doing anything at all.

Well I've been training for a long time with Zero today, managed the j.2H falling H air combo part, but I have no idea about standing 2M, I just use 5M S relaunch...but if manage to do Buster into Raikousen, after S (2nd relaunch), I can't get back up fast enough to use j.S to use Rekkouha.

Also the timing/spacing for Rekkouha/Swords DHC is weird...sometimes the swords catch, sometimes they cause a high float. Also not used to super-jumping with Vergil into j.MHS 2H M Trick 2H...my thumbs are clumsy yet. I can do Swords (charge for Roundtrip) now though. What's the optimal positioning for Round Trip and Swords anyway? Swords seem to make a character float higher so I have to use j.H j.2H to follow them, unless I'm too slow yet. Actually, it'd help if I knew how many hits that Vergil combo you gave me did, Vulcan.

Haven't tried Hsien-Ko combos yet though. Aside from Henkyou-ki as a rush-down tool, what strats does she use to land hits?

From my experience, Hsien-Ko relies heavily on assists to get in on the opponent. You generally want an assist that lasts a long time to let Hsien-Ko cover lots of ground, but an assist with a wide area of effect is also important. Unibeam, Mystic Ray, and Hidden Missiles are all useful for this purpose. The super armor hyper also really helps, and Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer assist allows Hsien-Ko to keep it up nearly constantly. Unfortunately, that would mean devoting most of your meter to Hsien-Ko, and since you have Phoenix on your team...

Haha, I'm sooo not good at making teams. I thought about using Chun-Li but...she's too loose for me...too many combos and I lose control of her easily. I tried Jill but she's a bit hard to use as well. Maybe She-Hulk??? (is trying to maintain Team Boobs).

Actually I might swap Phoenix for Trish if that's the case...though I'm not good with Trish.

I'd actually put her as a substitute for Zero. Both of them are rushdown, and need stuff to get in, which Trish's trap assists do. Morrigan provides everybody with meter.