Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilben

Ultimate MvC3

That made me lol

Hey guys, can you give me some advice? If I do Ouroboros, what do I do when someone Jump-blocks or just jumps? or Push-blocks all day even if I try to cross them up? I try to do air combos but things get sloppy and mashy at that point.

Actually to be honest, aside from using it for Oki, I don't know how to use it mid-combo.

I've been trying to use 421L more instead of 421M or H because it makes them think I'm warping behind them when I'm not.

It's because they jump I can't wavedash and hit them, I have to follow them up to keep on the pressure.

Though I suppose Vajira is a good answer for that, it's the jumping AND pushblocking that hurts my Ouroboros game.

ya if you use it, it should honestly be with a longer assist like doom Missiles or Cold Star or Drones. OR in XF level 3 and use M teleports to crossover and then after than any teleports to mind fuck

I've been nailing lots of air throws lately too...I'm just not all that familiar with Strider's air throw combo game though. I usually do something like air throw *bomb* air combo or something, timing on OTG stuff is hard online.

Midscreen it's kinda hard to do Wall-Cling LMH j.623H after 214214S, due to how far from the sides of the screen I am usually.

Also I do wall cling (236S > H or sometimes after wall cling LLMH) during Ouroboros sometimes to cut on the downtime between shots that I get during M teleport.

I dunno if I said this here, but I got lucky and got two Watcher Cards now...can someone suggest a good 3rd card for that deck?

Currently I'm running with Cyclops*/Watcher/Watcher deck, but that may change if I'm dealing with something more troublesome.

Also if I feel like Soloing with Strider, I do MultipleMan*/Watcher/Watcher or something.

Wow, that's just pathetic. That guy needs to get off of ranked match and learn to play the game so he can EARN those wins.

I'm with you here. Either play to win or lose or don't play Ranked ay all. I remember the dude's GT now, it is

Midekai

:eng101:

Never played against him before but when I do I'll be sure to give him "a little gift".

That gift being as disrespectful as humanly possible. Which equates to teabagging and taunting him at the end of the match.

I still don't get why they call Zero's combo "lightning loop" I've only been able to do Raikousen once per combo. :/

Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds Morrigan combos to be stupidly difficult.

i was just thinking this. The girl's basically my main at this point but i can only do like 1 combo aside from your basics. i just rely on getting a bunch of simple combos off since nobody can block her

and soul pressure, gotta luv that soul pressure

Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds Morrigan combos to be stupidly difficult.

Like I said earlier, 5H 2L (2 hits) 5H is a semi-loop. You really don't need anything else other than that, so you can do stuff like:

Airdash j.S 2L H 2L H S j.MMH j.623M 214+AtkAtk, you can do more hits in the loop during X-Factor and Darkness Illusion. Ironically, the A.I. finds this loop impossible to block unless auto-block (Servebot) is enabled.

The real problem, IMO, is having her get inside to do the combo, she needs assists for that, and Soul Pressure.

I for one actually enjoy the difficultly, it's not that bad once you get used to fly/unfly and her flight patterns. The reward is well worth it.

Like I said earlier, 5H 2L (2 hits) 5H is a semi-loop. You really don't need anything else other than that, so you can do stuff like:

Airdash j.S 2L H 2L H S j.MMH j.623M 214+AtkAtk, you can do more hits in the loop during X-Factor and Darkness Illusion. Ironically, the A.I. finds this loop impossible to block unless auto-block (Servebot) is enabled.

The real problem, IMO, is having her get inside to do the combo, she needs assists for that, and Soul Pressure.

...Why would you do this? :(

Like I said earlier, 5H 2L (2 hits) 5H is a semi-loop.

Wait, what?

You really don't need anything else other than that

If I actually want to do damage, then I do need something other than that. To be precise, Flight Cancel combos.

That's not what ironic means. And it's kind of hard to loop the opponent when they're getting hit by a Level 3.

If you truly want to be competitive with Morrigan, you need to learn her j.S loops, and her Soul Fist air combos. They deal the best damage out of everything she does, and they gain a tons of meter. They're very practical, but still hard to do.

Damn, this is why I hate looking up movelists cuz I never remember the names of certain moves and my advice comes out wrong. What I meant before about H 2L H being a semi-loop relates more to her Astral Vision move (22+AtkAtk), which combos into Darkness Illusion. So basically if you have Astral Vision active and do the combo I suggested (assuming you have the meter), it should work (50 hits or something). The combo is much faster/tighter during X-Factor, so you could get away with messing with people's guard timing and get free hits in that normally don't combo.

As for j.S loops, I'm not sure how situational they are, but keep in mind j.S under normal circumstances causes knockdown.

j.S does not knockdown under normal circumstances. It only gains a knockdown property after you super jump cancel a launcher, just like any other character. One corner combo I came up with for Morrigan demonstrates this perfectly:

cr.M > cr.H > f+H > j.MMH > Air L Soul Fist > Flight Cancel > j.MH > Air L Soul Fist > Flight Cancel > Airdash > j.HS > S > j.MMH > Air H Shadow Blade > Air Finishing Shower > j.S.

The j.S done after the airdash does not inflict knockdown, since I have not super jump cancelled a launcher by that point in the combo. However, the j.S linked after the Air Finishing Shower does inflict knockdown, since I had used a launcher before it.

I see...I'm really lacking in Flight Cancel combos, even for Nova.

It's strange because in Strider's case, j.S sometimes causes knockdown and sometimes doesn't, depending on if he uses Excalibur or not. But I guess sjc is the main reason.

Can someone please explain the mechanics and rules behind assists? I'm seeing weird stuff like Zero calling assists during Sentsuizan (j.236M) in the air and I wanna try it.

Actually, scrub that, can anyone help me come up with some assist combos for my teams?

Recently I went back to using Strider*/Zero/Vergil after seeing some advanced OTG assist combos between Strider and Vergil in a Japan tournament video (the team was Strider*/Vergil/Magneto IIRC).

I recently discovered Zero's Shippuga Assist can compensate and allow Strider to use Gram and Murakumo during ground combos, so he can do:

*Shippuuga Assist*LMH6H *assist hits* H Gram > any bnb air combo.

And then there's this complicated one I discovered with Vergil:

close to corner 214H (Birdbbomb) *Rapid Slash Assist* *if assist hits and bomb hits* H Gram > any bnb air combo.

Alternately Birdbomb lets you do Wall cling setups in some cases.

Also trying a new team: Firebrand*/Shuma Gorath/Nemesis